[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: logo_22.jpg (11 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
logo_22.jpg
11 KB, 620x349
Why does /v/ hate this?
>>
anything heavily marketed is instantly hated on /v/

not having a PC version just makes it worse

if a PC ver was announced you'd probably see everyone liking it and calling consoles keks
>>
>>322018818
If it released like Taken King people would have liked it.

But it didn't, it took you $120 plus microtransactions now. And honestly it still isn't that good being that there is only one playable raid still.
>>
>>322018818

I only got the base game
was shit
>>
>60$ for a base game with 8 missions and one raid
>20$ for a DLC with three missions and one raid
>20$ for a DLC with two times more shit than the previous one and actually fun stuff
>40$ for a DLC that's bigger and more fun than all previous combined

I just switched to PS4 and I don't even feel a need to buy these, I stopped playing after The Dark Below on the PS3. I'd rather buy some cheap weebshit than a game with dlcs.
>>
>>322019576
This. Getting taken king + base game for 40 dollars now isn't bad, but launch was shit. Same thing with the xbone as a whole, it's fine now, but it will have a hard time get over the shitty launch.
>>
>>322018818
Why do you like it?
>>
It was an awful game on release that has been turned into an average game by its expansions.

That's it, it's just average. It's not good, it's not bad.
>>
>>322018818
I quit just before hard mode for the oryx raid was released. Got tired of bungies shit. They don't know how to balance a game and the nickel and diming is just getting worse and worse.
>>
>>322021828
this.
>>
I have no console so I haven't followed it, I think it's like borderlands or something

But what gets me with destiny is how the fucking fans of it won't shut up about it (even though they all seem to hate it)
This sucks because a fuckload of them are on gaming podcasts so I've spent all fucking year skipping destiny talk
>>
>>322018818
The game is genuinely shit. That and a complete ripoff. Bungie are greedy fucks and I can see why they went to work with Acti.

It's always funny seeing Bungie autists put all the blame on Acti and pretend Bungie are still the good guys when it's their decision to rip off their fans.

One of the most delusional fanbases
>>
>>322018818

Because its shit without friends.

And even with friends it's decent at best.

Also withholding content so they can release it later for a limited period.
>>
>>322018818
give me more vehicles and maps and I will be happy, I have yet to pay a cent on this game and even I feel it is a bit of a rip off until the taken king
>>
>>322018818
It's a mediocre game with all the DLC and a shit game without it. Poor performance and tunnel vision on top of that. Also it's ridiculously overrated which pisses people off. Lastly it's symbol for "gamers" to gather around and call themselves hardcore cool kids which is annoying.
>>
>>322019576
this, i agree with this guy.
>>
>>322018818
A lot of people like to pretend the game is "fixed" with TTK even though the end game is 400% boring now. Playing it after finishing the raid on HM pushes the boundaries of how disinteresting a virtual experience can get.
>>
Destiny in general has horrible PVP. Literal garbage tier.

PVE is fun, but gets repetitive.
>>
>>322018818

I don't hate it, but it's definitely controversial.

I got into Destiny when TTK came out.

Even with the included add-ons, TTK has less content than other big-budget titles, which means that anyone who bought Destiny when it came out got royally screwed.

Even so, there are plenty of ways to sink hundreds of hours into the game if you are content with grinding the high-level content.

I will say that raids are poorly designed, though, and the lack of a matchmaking system is atrocious.
>>
>>322018818
Taken king legendary edition is like 30 yuros right now

is it worth it if I dont normally care for MMOs, online games, but I still like shooters?
>>
>>322018818
I'll wait for the game to be playable offline, and when it's 20 dollars, and when it stops being annual.

I'm a patient anon, with a huge backlog. I can wait it out.
>>
>>322022516
Don't you know anon? Bungie can do no wrong.

First it was Microsoft's fault when things went wrong.
Now it's Activision's.

I hope they go independent next time so the blame can go right on them, but somehow the fans will probably just blame each other in spite of no publisher.
>>
i dunno i got it with my ps4 and it's like a bland borderlands. utterly bored out of my mind but at least it has good gunplay. so far the only game on my new ps4 that hasn't disappointed me is bloodborne.
>>
>>322024671

>is it worth it if I dont normally care for MMOs

Yes.

The game has three parts.

For the first twenty to forty hours, you'll chase the story.

This phase is all about doing missions, learning about the world, and exploring different planets.

For the next forty to sixty hours, you'll chase gear.

This phase is all about building your character, getting the kit that you want, and introducing yourself to the higher-level content.

For the final sixty hours to however long you want to keep grinding, you'll chase a number.

This phase is all about replaying the high-level content until you get the drops that you need to fine-tune your stats and develop the perfect build.

Phase one and most of phase two can be done alone, but you need to recruit allies to tackle phase three.

If you aren't willing to get social, you might have trouble getting the most out of the game.
>>
boring game with a shitty community.
if you are not " super great" at the game people don't want to "carry you" even though you don't ask for it. The grinding is repetitive and good rewards take forever to get. Literally wasting hours upon hours to get one weapon only for it to not be good enough in the next expansion.
>>
>>322025205
>over 120 hours of grinding
>Yes.

yeah I'm good, thanks.
>>
>>322025205
No mention of crucible in there, the literal best part of the game. Iron Banner happening right now, don't be casual.
>>
It's Grundy mess with shit level design , low tick rate multiplayer , good art , 2 good raids , some interesting guns and a small as fuck world with overpriced DLC that's locked to 30fps .

It's a game that could have been good but everything that could have gone wrong did .
>>
>>322019576
I agree but I still like to dream about what would have happened if Activision didn't gut Destiny and we got to play what we saw at E3.
>>
>>322026193
>crucible
>the literal best part of the game
You're a fucking idiot.

The crucible is absolute casualized cancer thanks to Supers.
>>
>>322026193

>No mention of crucible in there

The Crucible falls squarely into phase three.

>the literal best part of the game

You have no truth in your life.
>>
Compared to Halo

Is Destiny a flop?

Will Bungie anhero?
>>
>>322022045
This sums it up best.
>>
>>322027452

>Compared to Halo, is Destiny a flop?

Yes.

Destiny is compelling, but it is nowhere close to Halo in terms of quality and presentation.

This is partially due to development problems and the fact that Bungie revamped the entire game a few months before releasing it.

Bits and pieces of excellence are floating around in Destiny, but the game doesn't compare to the full package that Halo delivered to gamers.

If the folks at Bungie learn their lessons and extend their development cycle, then Destiny 2 will be the game that everyone wants.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.
>>
The game is a total fucking mess. The balance is absolutely garbage, The PvP is an absolute fucking joke, the Developers don't understand a single fucking thing about the game or the gameplay itself.

On top of it, they are trying to jew the fuck out of everyone.

When they released The Taken Shekels, they basically removed most post-story gameplay for the people who didn't own it. Only people with The Taken Shekels could do the Nightfalls, or Heroic Weekly Strikes or Story, and only they could do the more difficult and rewarding Strike Playlists.

People who didn't have it were limited to the LEVEL FUCKING 20 playlist, which was both piss easy and gave nothing. The basically said you had to pay 40 fucking dollars just to keep playing the fucking game. The day I found it out, I traded that piece of shit in.
>>
File: 1441221267114.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
1441221267114.png
956 KB, 841x849
>>322026193

Crucible is hell right now.

I'm generally not the kind of guy who cries about "the meta" in videogames but fucking hell have Bungie ruined the game with the latest balance patch.

Sniper rifles should not be viable when you're 5 feet away from your opponent and in the middle of a jump. But that's what every faggot is doing right now.

There's a place in hell reserved for pedophiles, rapists and 100-Yard Stare users.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpINpArT-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6mS01WxzM
>>
>>322028185

>Crucible is hell right now.

Bungie developers used to be the kings on PvP gaming, which makes the shitty PvP in Destiny all the more frustrating. Nothing about Destiny PvP is fun or balanced, and the entire game mode caters to insufferable nerds who think that sniping in corridors is the apex of skill. Blocking off parts of the game to anyone who hasn't won a high-level elimination bracket is a horrible design decision, too.
>>
File: Necrochasm.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
Necrochasm.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1088
>>322028185
There was also the ridiculously overpowered hive based weapon that everyone used in crucible and shall remain unamed
>>
>>322028076

>pay $4 to be able to dance

This is almost as bad as Oblivion horse armor.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.