[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is handheld gaming still relevant? How long until smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 15
File: 6805852662_fdcce13447_z.jpg (238 KB, 562x640) Image search: [Google]
6805852662_fdcce13447_z.jpg
238 KB, 562x640
Is handheld gaming still relevant?
How long until smartphones completely overtake it?
>>
Smartphones don't have buttons.
>>
Hopefully never.

Trying to play a platformer or something with touch controls is a nightmare.
>>
3DS maybe as long as monster hunter and pogeymans are around

Vita was never relevant
>>
>>322013493
So? most games you can play with no buttons or virtual ones. Normies don't care and people who play vidya will have to adapt since handhelds are going extinct.

Plus they could always just pack in a cheap controller. Like really really cheap.
>>
Phone gaming is on its last legs, was only saved from crash in 2015 because of China. Doesn't have much to go now, just like Chinese economy.
>>
>>322013532
>pogeymans
weren't you going to sleep dude?
>>
File: 1449708658857.png (111 KB, 167x262) Image search: [Google]
1449708658857.png
111 KB, 167x262
>>322013532
This. 3DS is doing fine. People seem to think handheld gaming is dying just because the Vita is a piece of shit. It would be like people saying console gaming is dead because the Wii U is selling terribly.
>>
>>322014663
WiiU is still relevant because of all the relevant Nintendo exclusives such as Zelda and Smash.

I can't find a reason to purchase any handheld console this generation when all the handheld gaming I could possibly desire is already on my smartphone.
>>
>>322013386
smartphones have

The 3DS is the new milestone for nintendo's least selling handheld hardware, and software. The vita is just a failure throughout, though is saved by jap support and localizations
>>
>>322015060
I like being able to play games on my handhelds for more than 20 minutes at a time though.
>>
>>322014663
I'm sure Nintendo is happy about the 3DS selling a third of its predecessor.
>>
>>322015470
They probably expected that due to past trends and are pleased with the sales.
>>
>>322015241
Everyone has a phone because it's a phone first,

and a shit gaming platform second.
>>
>>322015470
And the PS3 didn't sell nearly what the PS2 sold, so should we mark that up as a failure?
>>
>>322015367
What is a seven dollar portable battery
>>
>>322013386
Touch controls a shit. Only kids and shitters use smartphones to really game.
>>
>tfw still using the PSP as a gameboy/GBA emulation machine
>>
>>322015060
You have Minecraft... I guess.

What other games on mobile are actually any good?
>>
>>322016147
Terra Battle, but honestly I doubt dedicated handheld devices are going anywhere. Sony might not want to make another, but that doesn't mean another company won't try taking a swing.
>>
>>322015060
>WiiU is still relevant because of all the relevant Nintendo exclusives such as Zelda and Smash.

You can say the same thing for the 3DS.
>>
>>322015060
>all the handheld gaming I could possibly desire is already on my smartphone
I hope you're at least playing with a controller and not using shitty touch controls.
>>
>>322013493
The can tho

Is like saying PC don't have gamepads
>>
File: 1309393805299.jpg (3 KB, 123x126) Image search: [Google]
1309393805299.jpg
3 KB, 123x126
>>322013386

Mobile has NO FUCKING GAMES!

This isn't even a maymay, there is nothing worthwhile on phones, because people don't buy worthwhile games on phones. They buy F2P time wasters on their 20 minute public transit rides in citites and call it a day.
>>
File: 1450060798507.png (87 KB, 810x807) Image search: [Google]
1450060798507.png
87 KB, 810x807
>is handheld gaming still relevant

Not really

>how long until smartphones completely overtake it

A gen or two.

Nintendo sold a third the number of 3DS consoles where they had no other competition (Sony). If that doesn't scare nintendo I don't know what will.

inb4 angry responses from pic related.
>>
Nintendo needs to start selling their own phone with its own opperating system. I know that they won't and that they aren't capable of doing one that wouldn't be shitty. It would look weird and the OS would be shit. But if they could get that right and throw in a free pokemon mmo and a copy of super mario bros, I'm sure it would be something better for them than dying children's toys.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2176
You're never going to get a major quality phone game until they get sticks and buttons
>>
>>322016147
Some ports. Recently finished Shadowrun Returns and I'm currently playing Dragonfall on tablet when I'm in the subway or the train, it's pretty gud. I'm thinking of playing KOTOR next since I never played it before. XCOM Enemy within and The Banner Saga are also great. And of course, Telltale games I suppose, but I never really managed to get into one, the gameplay is too boring (inexistant).
Other than that, Socery! is a smartphone exclusive and is ok (great for passing time).
>>
>>322018256
> A gen or two
Maybe even sooner. If the next gen of handheld consoles exists and fails to sell, it's basically over. Then Sony and Nintendo will have a choice : join Apple and Android and put their games on their respective stores or abandon portable gaming entirely.
>>
>>322013386
Handheld gaming is doing fine, 3DS is by far the best handheld ever made and has an immensely huge library of games with more coming to it every month.

Not to mention the 3DS is outselling the DS and is doing incredibly well, we'll see it around for a few more years with even more games coming to it.

Vita being a gigantic piece of shit just like PSP is no surprise to anyone who loves handhelds, Sony has just never made a good one and it's good they're gone.
>>
>>322018471
Oh and of course emulation.
>>
>>322018256
DS was in the market for 10 years while the 3DS isn't.

3DS is still selling and will easily outsell the DS in no time seeing as how the 3DS has a far better library than the DS ever did.
>>
>>322018401
Sticks maybe not, but keys hopefully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJFwHuCs3Yw
>>
File: blind.png (2 MB, 1476x1002) Image search: [Google]
blind.png
2 MB, 1476x1002
>>322018959
>>
>>322015870
Does that stop the phone from overheating?
>>
>>322019501
Nope. The CPU is overheating, not the battery.
>>
Is definitely capable but not ready yet

Is definitely more relevant than Handhelds, Clash of Clans had a Superbowl commercial and not a single 3ds or vita game

Smartphones are powerful as fuck, they are capable of running anything PS360 can run

You are able to play PS2 games on a emulator and connect a DS3 on it

But the market is far from ready, no one is even aware of what smartphones can be for gaming, not even here on /v/

No one dares to make an engine to make actual games on smartphones

As of now it would be stupid to make actual games since smartphones/tablet hardly has any memory space

The first one to make dedicated gaming smartphone would have to be a huge company like apple or samsung, we all know how much apple sucks for gaming
>>
>>322019274
>3DS has a far better library than the DS ever did.

Ayy Lmao
>>
>>322013386
>Is handheld gaming still relevant?

yes.

>How long until smartphones completely overtake it?

I doubt that will happen. You can't really get the same experience from a phone game that you can get from a PSV or a 3DS.

Cell phones aren't dedicated gaming machines so even if you could run something of that level on your phone it would eat up battery power fast or the phone would basically destroy itself after a while.
>>
File: [calling out louses].png (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
[calling out louses].png
164 KB, 1024x768
>>322013667
>virtual ones
>>
>>322013386
Here's why it will never overtake it.
Phone games are shit f2p things and require touch controls, you can't get the same games on phone as on a handheld without making severe concessions, it eats up battery life and heats up the device, and you're still using that thing to text and make phone calls.
You need a secondary device to give you the freedom to still text, talk, and game. So why not make a handheld instead of another phone?
I say this knowing there's a lot of people who upgrade their phones each year and actually would do such a thing.
>>
>>322019646
Didn't Sony already make a dedicated gaming smart phone that flopped?
People that play mobile don't care about the games, they want to be distracted for a few minutes.
>>
>>322015845
The entire console market was up.
PS3, 360 and Wii far outsold PS2, Xbox and GC
The handheld market is doing terribly.
PSP and DS absolutely obliterate PSV and 3DS.
PSP alone beats them both in sales and it was the weaker seller.
>>
>>322021373
>Have a shitty LG phone which is really laggy
>Have to wait like 5-10 seconds for shit to open from time to time
>Sometimes doesn't even unlock
>Still don't want to buy a new phone because all I do is call/text people and listen to music

I don't even understand why people keep buying new phones every year. All they do is use it for facebook, listening to music, texting and some shitty game that can run on older phones.
>>
>>322018256

The core difference being that the DS was geared towards casuals, which attracted a large customer base. The 3DS is going for their core fans which is naturally a lot smaller.
>>
If anyone can kill handheld gaming it's nintendo themself. Sony is almost completely irrelevant and the companies who make games for the vita already started releasing games on other systems like the PS4 or steam.
>>
>>322021731
>I don't even understand why people keep buying new phones every year. All they do is use it for facebook, listening to music, texting and some shitty game that can run on older phones.

I keep wondering the same about phone price points in general. I guess a decent camera would be a nice addition, but other than that, what can you honestly do with a 500+ USD/EUR phone that you can't do with a 200 €/$ one?
>>
>>322022394
I only got an iPhone because my boss gifted me like 3/4 out of the blue...
>>
>>322013386
Smartphones will never take over handheld gaming. Smartphone games will always be shitty indie crap that people make for a quick buck.

Real handhelds like 3ds and vita will always have games where the developers put their love and hard work to create greatness.

Besides, that mobile smartphone bubble has already bursted.
>>
At this point smartphones have already overtaken. Vita is barely supported and 3DS can't seem to keep games coming out.
>>
>>322019274
>3DS is still selling and will easily outsell the DS
No it won't, it probably won't even sell 100mil.
>>
As far as normalfags go, barely. Nintendo still has stuff like Pokemon and Nintendogs so it's got a guaranteed userbase. Vita's a great device but it made the mistake of banking too hard on western sensibilities against the smartphone, not to mention some anti-consumer policies of its own design.

In the grand scheme of things though, it's where a lot of lesser Japanese devs have retreated to after the west claimed dominance over the console realm, thus upsetting the perfect balance of all that was up until sometime in the 7th gen. But I digress, if you're looking for Japanese games that aren't huge in name and spectacle then odds are you own a handheld.
>>
>>322013386
The phone gaming industry is micro-transaction trash.
>>
>>322013386
The 3DS is doing very well.
>>
>>322013386
Smartphone's are useless for games without a controller and the 'games' that they have are absolute and utter shit. The only threat they actually pose to handhelds is moronic parents that think some shitty F2P games on a £300 device are better than dozens of actual games on a £100 device.
>>
>>322027264

>The only threat they actually pose to handhelds is moronic parents that think some shitty F2P games on a £300 device are better than dozens of actual games on a £100 device.

Which is a very real threat. You underestimate the stupidity of normalfags.
>>
>>322015470
You mean the most successful, fastest selling console of all time? I don't think they'll mind that much.

>Wah wah, nintendo can't constantly capture lightning in a bottle decade after decade, they're obviously finished!
>>
>>322014663
The Vita isn't a piece of shit though.
>>
File: I believe.jpg (653 KB, 4096x2271) Image search: [Google]
I believe.jpg
653 KB, 4096x2271
>>322013386

3DS is doing "fine". It's the last selling handheld if you exclude the Virtual Boy of course, it will be a cause of concern if the sales of the next one be lower though
>>
>>322026013
>probably won't even sell 100mil
Holy shit what a failure!
NINTENDRONES ON SUICIDE WATCH!
>>
File: kimochi.png (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
kimochi.png
7 KB, 645x773
>>322013386
Nintendo handheld gaming is become fast irrelevant. Sony handheld gaming still technically has console quality games in a portable handheld device, which is the opposite of nintendo offering shit simple games that don't necessarily benefit from having access to all the buttons on the console and may as well just be smartphone games.

Hell, sony's best partners like Square Enix also make 1:1 ports of their classic games even running into the PS2 era for smartphones. They've already evolved past the explicit need for a complete handheld control scheme for many of their franchises while Nintendo hasn't even evolved into developing games that fully utilize the control schemes they themselves have developed.

Nintendo is still making fucking 3 button 2d sidescrolling mario games for fucks sake.

Nintendo revived their first 3D zelda engine for 3DS and did fucking absolutely nothing with it outside of OoT3D and MM3D. They could have made more new Zelda games using the engine of their longstanding "best" Zelda game but instead they went back to shitty mindnumbing easy-peasy top-down 2.5D zelda games.

Nothing about Nintendo's business makes sense and I have no idea why their shit sells so well. It's offensive that they fuck up so much and not learn anything from the process but still afford to continue producing garbage.

3DS probably wouldn't have done half as well as it did if not for Monster Hunter and Monster Hunter games aren't even interesting, but braindead nips eat that shit up simply out of bad habit and lack of self discipline.

TL;DR
There are things a handheld with a console control scheme can do much better than explicit touch-device but unfortunately we aren't seeing that put to good use.
>>
I'd say handhelds have a gen left in them, maybe two if they're lucky.

With tech trends in general going towards having one single device that you do everything on, it seems kind of quaint and antiquated to have one dedicated home console that only plays home console games, and one dedicated handheld console that plays only handheld games. The NX is probably going to have some handheld/portable element to it, but the idea of a dedicated handheld console rapidly approaching its deathbed.
>>
>>322028262

>Sony handheld gaming still technically has console quality games in a portable handheld device

Fat lot of good that did the Vita. I love mine but not for the "console quality games". It aimed for a middle audience that didn't exist, and here in the west most people that want that kind of game would rather play it on a console or PC. The reason you see so many Japanese games on Vita after 2013 or so is because Sony gave up trying to appeal to western audiences when Japan's pretty much the only country that likes it. That strategy was not working, which is a shame since some of those titles like Wipeout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Killzone Mercenary were actually solid games. At this point, I doubt even an exclusive GTA would salvage Vita in the west.
>>
Is a Vita worth it in any way if you aren't interested in weeb games?
>>
>>322029041
Probably not
>>
>>322029041

As a portable with solid indie support and Remote Play capacities. It's also got a few decent western/western-influenced games, though arguably not enough to justify the purchase of a handheld on that alone. The problem with this mentality, though, is that it implies that ANY handheld has been good if you didn't like weeb games.
>>
>>322013386
battery life. phones always struggle with this.
>>
>>322028765
to be fair the Vita isn't as portable as you might think. The joysticks extend out of the flat design and it is a rather large brick compared to either small or large 3DS which also encloses it's controls in it's clamshell design, not that the 3DS was explicitly good for copying the worst analog control scheme of the analog nub which proved awful in the PSP, but when it comes down to it a sliding nub is better than a joystick if the joystick isn't flush with the console's chassis.
>>
>>322029407

>always

Old Nokia phones say hi. Those fuckers also had Snake preinstalled on them. Decent timekilling vidya and good battery life.
>>
>>322013667
>People who play vidya will have to adapt since handhelds are going extinct

While I don't agree, I think you answered your own question. Great thread you fucking faggot.

People serious about gaming are going to want dedicated gaming hardware and physical buttons. Also, phone games are nearly pure trash compared to a dedicated handheld.
>>
The western handheld market is dead but enthusiasts in the future will probably just learn Japanese and import much like they do now. The bigger question is if the golden age of handheld games has passed, and I think it has.
>>
>>322029481

I wouldn't toss it in my pocket but get a protective case for it, toss it in a backpack, suitcase, purse, or what have you and you're good to go.
>>
>>322013386
Gaming "journalists" have been predicting the death of handhelds since the original fat DS. These people are generally wrong about everything so I'm not too worried.
>>
>>322029720

Oh, we're definitely past the golden age. That was handily DS and PSP.
>>
>>322029407
That hasn't stopped anyone from using them
>>
>>322013386
Handheld gaming is still relevant for otaku, only normies exclusively play on smart phone
>>
>>322029861
>"Gaming journalism"
>"PC gaming is dead, everyone is moving on to consoles"
>"This is the last gen where we will have consoles"
>"Handhelds are dead because of smartphones"

When were they ever right?
>>
>>322029518
as an idort owning a nokia with monochrome display and with the original snake v1.0 pre installed, I would have to agree, and if it wasn't for those damn kebabs using thoae nokias as detonators, they'd still be available today, dag nabbit.
>>
Handheld could get a lot of money of parents shoving a handheld into their kids their hands so they would shut up while driving to a place. With phones and tablets parents are not going to put out a lot of money to keep their kid silent if they can just feed him a F2P game.
>>
Isn't the main problem that mobile is infested by $1 apps, and most people don't want to pay even that so there is no incentive for developers to invest anything on a really good game?

Adding to that, the need of actual buttons to make most non-shit games, and most mobile users probably not owning a controller accessory, makes mobile game development either suicide or incredibly low budget to the point where PC/Console indie games have much better quality.

Just guessing, I don't have any numbers to back this up.
>>
>>322029926
> PSP

The PSP was shit. The first few batches had lots of hardware problems (dead pixels), load times were horrible, the UMD drive was super loud, UMD is a failed format in general, later versions of the PSP didn't support UMD so you had to rebuy all of your games digitally, and there's only a handful of decent games.
>>
File: 1451087053905.gif (1 MB, 330x187) Image search: [Google]
1451087053905.gif
1 MB, 330x187
>>322029861
Handhelds are dead though, they've completely lost the normalfag market ever since smartphones got gud.
>>
>>322013386
>How long until smartphones completely overtake it?
Never as long as Nintendo exists.
>>
>>322030231

The thing with mobile is that most people aren't looking for quality with it. They want a cheap distraction during the downtime in their busy lifestyles. This is apparently where the market is headed.
>>
>>322030278

Fair enough. I skipped the PSP and only really looked into its library once I got a Vita, but even then there was no shortage of people using their PSPs for emulation purposes, and I think a lot of people are gonna remember the handheld for that.
>>
>>322013386
>smartphone games going anywhere
When will this meme end? For starters, they're 2 completely different markets, you idiot, and also, phone games are garbage, so who the fuck cares?
>>
>>322014663
3ds is selling less than ds. There's a decline
>>
>>322028650
i don't see why, eapecially when handhelds are also the domain of travel and flights, game and watch used to sell like hotcakes at duty free. I travel 3 hours per day via train to and from work, i'll be damned if we live in an era where commutors can't kill time with a handheld and have to revert to shit posting on a mobile.

>shitposted from my mobile on teh train
>>
>>322030354
Even if you're right, that just means that future handhelds will be less succesful than the original DS. That's still far from dead. Gameboy and Gameboy Advance never had the normalfag market to begin with.
>>
>>322030354
Good thing Japan still likes handhelds, even if they're also starting to use more of their smartphones for games.
>>
>>322030354
>Handhelds
>normalfag market
The hell are you even talking about? Handhelds have always been for kids and manchildren, and kids still buy 3DS en masse.
>>
>>322030416
Oh yeah, I know it's definitely there. I'm talking about how mobile is a different market. I doubt that the people buying a 3ds or a Vita buy them to post on facebook and twitter, search for memes, and maybe sometimes play a game while taking a shit. Casuals are the main source of income, not weebs like me.

Which is why handhelds like the 3ds will most probably always sell decently enough. Just need a high enough number of fags like me that want to play something a bit more complex than angry birds, and have no issue paying much more than your average mobile game..
>>
>>322030778
Kids also have smartphones and tablets now
>>
>>322030745

>i'll be damned if we live in an era where commutors can't kill time with a handheld and have to revert to shit posting on a mobile

I'd start planning my arrangements in Hell now if I were you, just to be on the safe side.
>>
File: 1430536926907.jpg (43 KB, 588x437) Image search: [Google]
1430536926907.jpg
43 KB, 588x437
>>322030778
Everyone loved the gameboy(s)/DS/PSP, even normalfags

What bizzaro world are you living in, nigga
>>
>>322030920
>now
Kids have had those for the past 5 years.
>>
There will always be enough of a fanbase of dedicated gaming devices to keep tradition gaming alive. They may not be as popular - but there existence can be sustained.
>>
>>322013532
>I will never be able to play monster hunter comfortably

MH4U is my first and only. Gotta say I don't really like the 3ds for Monster Hunter. Handheld just doesn't seem right for it
>>
>>322030759
>Good thing Japan still likes Pokemon and Monster Hunter

Fixed
>>
>>322031046
Those appealed to the normalfags, sure, but they never were the core target audience.
>>
>>322031312
As long as they keep making handhelds and games for them, I'm happy. Even though I don't play MH or Pokemon.
>>
>>322030778
videogames are a form of entertainment no different than viewing a movie on a mobile phone, however I will admit there is 0 sophistication in 3ds aesthetic design and the plastic and bulk of the device is toylike, nnintendo never really cared about asthetics, when the whole approach is shoe string budget for hardware to ensure parents can purchase for children and it really shows, considering 3ds is so heavily inspired by the ds, a decade later, with minimal hardware upgrade in consideration of the 10 year gap between ds launch and now
>>
>>322013386
nx out next year
>>
File: 1393302333383.jpg (159 KB, 465x428) Image search: [Google]
1393302333383.jpg
159 KB, 465x428
>>322031374
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendogs and New Super Mario Bros were aimed at otaku and weebs
>>
>>322021731
Girls won't date you if your phone isn't the latest one.
>>
>>322013386
Smartphone gaming took away the casuals from handhelds. It's relevant only to the remaining core gaming minority, many of which pirate games anyway. So it's screwed.
>>
>>322031764
this is the most retarded thing I've read today
>>
>>322031607
>when the whole approach is shoe string budget for hardware to ensure parents can purchase for children and it really shows
Remember they even redesigned the whole thing as the 2DS so it'd be even more kid friendly.
>>
>>322031873
>many of which pirate games anyway
Sure buddy.
>>
the shitty pseudo games that are just periodic responses to other people is a market in of itself

it's not going to replace games, handheld or otherwise

I can't be immersed in feeding cows or swiping candy
>>
>>322031873
>many of which pirate games anyway
The 3DS only got a cfw running recently, so not really.
>>
File: really.png (25 KB, 350x451) Image search: [Google]
really.png
25 KB, 350x451
>>322031297
there's no appropriate format for MH4U. Even if it were on the Wii U, the gameplay will still be frustrating, unrewarding, and the online community would still be as hostile and filled to the brim with lagging non-english-speaking foreigners.

Capcom so shit that they couldn't even be assed to have the automatic [during-hunt] chat messages be fully preset and non-customizable so they could just be Set phrases that are automatically translated per region. Instead you have to learn ALLONS-Y and JE SUIS MONTE and every other language's preset chat messages. Knowing one of my teammates is french mid-hunt is not fucking useful information short of pre-emptively making me lose faith that the hunt will even be successfully completed without 3 carts.

same applies to the Felyne buddies in 2-player hunts. Now your screen is constantly being filled with useless foreign cat jibberjabber which you still don't understand.

mh4u is a painfully bad game just by the online experience alone and the shallow unrewarding grind gameplay sure as hell isn't the reason to stick around playing it.
>>
>>322031720
They were both aimed at kids.
>>
>>322013386
>how long

It will never happen phonefag.
It was a fad that is already dying.
>>
>>322031873
casuals game in short bursts, preferably match3, not even dick riding, if nintendo handhelds died and somehow sony handhelds survived in place, the resultant games would be more original simply because sony doesnt have mario or zelda. nintendo should honestly just shift into the theme park market and go be disney.
>>
Recommend me some good games for 3DS. I know most popular games like Fire Emblem, MH and shit, but anything less known would be good.
>>
Handhelds are for children. They're enjoyed by people of all ages but children are where the money is. I've gotten plenty of play out of my 3ds but I recognize that I'm part of a niche market as an adult. What really gets me are the weebs that are delisional enough to believe that handhelds are doing so great because they read online about other weebs playing weeb games. Weeb games themselves are dying in an inflation and survive on handhelds because children love cartoons. Literally no one owns a vita. Outside of children, only a modest amount of people use a 3ds. Children are happy with their tablets and their xbone/ps4 (if they are "REALLY invested" in playing videogames in their sparetime.) The traditional handheld market is going to change a lot in the future.
>>
>>322032527
look into ' fantasylife' , its sequel is planned to be mobile phone only ( maybe e store at a push )
>>
>>322032527
Rune Factory 4 is fantastic. No, you don't have to play the previous ones first.
>>
>>322013386
>using buttons that don't exist
>>
>>322032736
no no, parents of children is where the $ is and purchases at $50 price point is ideal, one note denomination price points that arent $100 notes ( for software price ) on a jew level.
>>
>>322032156
Is there a MH I should be playing instead?
>>
>>322033261
no MH is a good MH
>>
>>322033358
So why are you playing it?
>>
>>322032960
>moving virtual buttons around a screen
>every game having virtual buttons in different areas of the screen
>waggling a virtual joystick on the screen of the phone like you were frottering a clit

not the same
>>
>>322033439
I'm not. I stopped playing about a month ago. I put 300 hours into the game and the last 250 were just a downward spiral of less enjoyable experiences until I couldn't bare it anymore. The flaws of bad game design that also impact how the online community treats other people are just toxic.
>>
>>322032527
3DS has too many games to recommend. Go make a thread.

Get stuff like Pokemon, Zelda OoT/MM and etc.
>>
File: 1407431705992.jpg (75 KB, 400x820) Image search: [Google]
1407431705992.jpg
75 KB, 400x820
What can I play for free on a 4s? I'm not really limited to specific genres though I'd prefer something that avoids the endless runner concept. Turn based or management based is preferable.

Fallout Shelter is alright but crashes regularly and lags whenever I get to more than like 10 rooms.
I tried that Love Live game but it kept making me do the tutorial so I haven't touched it since. Maybe I'll try it again.
Terra Battle is pretty good.
Sonic Dash was okay for a bit but I'm simply not into endless runners.

That's all I've tried.

I got this thing free from family and I use it for a few non-gaming things but there must be SOMETHING notable I should give a try.
>>
>>322030694
I'd compare GBA sales with 3DS sales rather than DS sales.
But, yes, decline is present.
>>
>>322034595
The 3DS is a lot more expensive.
>>
>>322034595
>>322030694
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/12/nintendo-3ds-outsold-the-ds-by-1-million-units-at-this-point-in-either-platforms-lifecycle/

3DS is outselling the DS easily.

Stop being delusional shitposters.
>>
>>322033898
I understand what you mean. Seems like a game most fun with actual irl friends present.
Unfortunately not many people (including me) have irl friends with enough autism to play MonHun, or even own a 3ds.
>>
>>322034854
>2012/05/12
>>
Handheld market is dying due to the main demographics(children) for gaming is moving on to smartphone/tablets also they mostly watch LPs rather than actually play videogames

Consoles on the other hand found a new demographics, dudebros
>>
>>322031046

Fucking gamestop employee here.

From what I've seen, it is only kids and manchildren that actually seek out Mobile for games.

I've had a few normies eyeballing a vita every once in a while since most normies think Nintendo is for kids and Playstation is for adults. But they never actually go through with the sale once they see the library of games.
>>
>>322013386
>are coupes still relevant? How long until sedans completely overtake them?

And yet.
>>
>>322034870
it's meant for japan cause its overcrowded as fuck and they can play on the train with someone else in the vacinity of 50 feet or whatever. The only reason japs like MH is for it's local play and popularity which guarantees they can have some kind of multiplayer experience on-the-go, and it's only popular because of that reason. It's a self-contained loop which omits their preferences in determining if the games are even explicitly fun or rewarding, and that loop is broken to reveal the flaws in game design when they come to the west and there are far fewer people to play with spread across far greater distances.
>>
>>322013386
Neither the 3ds or vita can match my Iphone 6s in specs, so in my opinion it has overtaken those two relics.
I'm just waiting for a bravely default port
>>
>>322031919
Which is what makes it all the sadder.
At least if you're in high school
Good to see mindless consumerism getting drilled into people's heads from a young age.
I want off this ride
>>
It's easy to get bluetooth controllers that clip onto your phone. I'm surprised /v/ doesn't support this idea because phones have the potential to be the PC of handheld gaming with their power and accessibility.

Pic related. This was fairly cheap, not Nintendo/Xbox/Playstation quality but still works fine and immediately solves the issue of >no buttons.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.