[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Games You Got On Steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Witcher_2_cover.jpg (21 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_2_cover.jpg
21 KB, 300x420
Is it just me or is the combat in the Witcher terrible?

I just got the Witcher 2, my first Witcher title.

What the fuck is this half-baked Batman combat system? It feels like a beta test of a Batman game.

This is coming from someone who's beaten Demon Souls and Dark souls.

This is the most inconsistent shit on the planet. A light attack sometimes means Geralt makes a quick slash to interrupt an attack, sometimes it mean Geralt does a little summer-salt and take four years to finish spinning.

Sometimes Aard is a force push that can be used to knock enemies off cliffs, sometimes on the same enemy type it just makes them stumble.

The little cutscene kills break the flow of combat, when they happen you are literally transported to that areas "kill-scene" area. You can't see the enemies round you while it happens and they seem completely disconnected from the fights. If not for it still being Geralt, you'd think it was a fight happening somewhere else.

This fuck is this shit? Tell me I'm missing something, how can this have such rave reviews? The world and story feel great, but this game feels wholly unfinished.
>>
>>322002796
In THE Witcher ? No. It's actually very good CRPG with enjoyable combat as well.

Witcher 2? Oh god yes, it is terrible.
It was literally inspired by Demon's Souls and Assassin's Creed, and is also filled with QTEs. The world's also cramped and linear, and the UI is awful.

Xbox tards praise TW2 to heavens, because it was the first multiplat Witcher game, and on PC it is still sort of a benchmark tool because its graphix.

tl;dr: TW1 > rest of them. Stop playing out of order.
>>
>>322002796
Witcher is a super overrated mess, that consolized and fucked up the entire IP. You can bet your ass that you'll soon get attacked by the "lol git gud!" -fags, who for some reason enjoy this piece of crap.
Heck, you don't even really do proper Witchering in the #2!
>>
>>322002796

What does the witcher have to do with your thread title? Did you literally just disguise a shit post with fake glasses and a mustache?
>>
>>322003489
>*Witcher2 is a super overrated mess,
fixed that for myself, before someone asks.
>>
>>322002796

Rave reviews are for the world, story and graphics mostly.

The narrative and choice is very good - you actually have to play it twice to enjoy the full game due to the choices you make.

The combat is shit, you just get used to it and use it to advance the plot - I just used Quen and Tumble to advance most of the game, Aard against some big bosses.

They also fucked up crafting and alchemy from the first game.
>>
>>322002796
just play 3, the first 2 has shit gameplay
>>
>>322003361
>In THE Witcher ? No. It's actually very good CRPG with enjoyable combat as well.

Seriously fuck off, the witcher 1 is some sort of ARPG hybrid combat that's stiff as fuck and controls horribly, it's the worst combat I've ever seen in an RPG.
>>
>>322002796
Yeah, haven't played the first witcher but the combat in 2 and 3 are probably the worst things about the games. Imo if they made the combat better and improved quests, 3 would be one of my favourite games this year.
>>
>>322003569
i feel like they fixed a lot of the Witcher 2's problems with Wild Hunt though.

However, I feel like Geralt got caught up in a lot of bullshit he had no control over, so it makes sense that you don't do much witcheran in 2.
>>
>>322003739
No, you fuck off.
Witcher 1 is pretty pure PC RPG, with very traditional combat system. And it is very comfy, enjoyable, and miles better than the clunky crap they changed it into in the sequels.
>>
>>322003889
W3 was a step to right direction, but unfortunately its clear console-roots still show.
>>
>>322003739
someone doesn't understand timed button presses
>>
File: 1451233941958.png (336 KB, 631x430) Image search: [Google]
1451233941958.png
336 KB, 631x430
>tfw enjoyed combat in all of the witcher games
>don't really understand the complaints about W3 combat either
>>
>terrible combat
what a terrific meme
>>
>>322003928
Pure PC RPG my ass, it has nothing from BG and the combat is fucking horrible.
>>
>>322003739
It's janky, yes. But it beats the fuck out of the bland and boring as fuck combat in W2 any day.

When I played through the games, the first one was harder to get into, but more enjoyable the more time I spent on it. The second game was the exact opposite. Looked cool, and then it got worse and worse until I just stopped playing it. Boring shit.
>>
Witcher 3's combat is busted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFqn1TMeH4
>>
>>322004604
>it has nothing from BG
So?
>the combat is fucking horrible
In TW2, yes.
In the original? Nope! It's so smooth and enjoyable that a total PC rookie could learn and enjoy it.
>>
>>322003928
>comfy, enjoyable
don't get me wrong I like it too but jesus fucking Christ

>>322004226
this
>>
>>322004226

Mah nigga right here.

Only time I had some complaints was during the TW2 tutorial, but I picked it up in time.

It's not amazing or anything, but it does the job.
>>
>>322004681
worse for me

>1st game
took a while to get into but became fun after a bit
>2nd game
took even longer to get into and always had to take huge breaks playing it and could only play it late and night when im tired

>3rd game
bought it on release but so hard to get into that I still haven't finished it
>>
>>322004976
And I like it a lot.
>>
>>322005080
You see people on /v/ will just complain about ANYTHING. Even if it just requires a bit more of playing and your own effort then it's labelled as "shit" despite not even being that bad.

You want shitty combat? Look at Risen 2: Dark waters
>>
>>322005185
also I should add:
by the time I had finished both playthroughs of TW2, I started preferring the atmosphere over the more slavcore TW1
>>
>>322003593
Makes sense. The characters are much more likable than most games. The setting is pretty cool. I'm think of requesting a steam refund.

This combat makes me feel like I'm a over encumbered knight, with untied shoelaces, and the shoe laces and actually long Victorian curtains.
>>
>>322005342

I don't mind it though, I love the world - one of those games I can really sink hours into.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.