[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that you spent hundreds hours on and completely maxed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 23096.jpg (48 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
23096.jpg
48 KB, 300x200
ITT: Games that you spent hundreds hours on and completely maxed out. I'm talking autism levels of completion. Full levels for all characters, all items obtained, all secret bosses, etc.

I've logged over 500 hours into FFX and have done everything short of completely maxing out the sphere grid (making spheres out of empty nodes), which would probably take me another 500 hours at this point.
>>
File: image.gif (1011 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1011 KB, 500x273
All the mainline MGS games barring 5. I stopped at the true ending.
>>
>>321994087
Since you play FFX, I would like to ask you about your picture.

I do not remember the scene that Tidus laughed so hard that his forehead expanded. I've watched cutscenes from YouTube but not even one scene shows Tidus laughing with a large forehead. Do you know which part is it? I've played FFX more than 10 years ago and I have forgotten most of the story of it, though I can say that it's a pretty good game.
>>
>>321994087
Freelancer as a child. All the special weapons, visited all the planets and flown through all the systems. That game had just the best sci-fi atmosphere and story.

I don't have high hopes for star citizen. From what I've seen, most of the money goes into the graphics. And crowdfunding means the devs are bitches to the kickstarters and cant make the game the way they want.
>>
>>321996314
hey

its from this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
>>
>>321996476
Not that scene, I mean your OP pic.
>>
>>321996732
in case you're not actually trying to troll, it's clearly a photoshopped image of the laughing scene.
>>
>>321996913
>photoshopped

Are you being serious right now?
>>
>>321997167
ARE YOU?
>>
Thief 1-3, Dishonored, and Deus Ex. I dunno, those types of games I can just get lost in for hours. I've completed them all multiple times, and pretty much seen everything there is to see. I also did that with Sly 1-3 when I was younger.
>>
>>321997275
Well duh, I've been really curious, even to the point that I had to watch all of the cutscenes of FFX, from Tidus in Zanarkand up to the last scene, and I have NEVER seen that part where he had laughed so hard, he literally grew a forehead. I've been telling my friends that Tidus had a large forehead and I want to show them the scene because they wouldn't believe me.
>>
File: 81c.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
81c.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>321997574
>>
>>321994087
I spent about 150 hours into FFX too. Literally everyone (except for Kimhari because fuck him and Lulu because her turbo sucked) maxed out at every possible stat, beating the extra boss that appeared after beating all the dark aeons which required a retarded strategy, and every final weapon.

Man was it a good time. Excellent game.

I've also autism'd FF7, even though the game doesn't require you to go that far to complete everything. But nothing feels as good as having a party with full master materia of every type and destroying ruby weapon without touching the controller.
>>
>>321997874
I had the NTSC version of FFX so I didn't even get to play against the Dark Aeons or Penance. I learned they were a thing via a youtube vid and repurchased a copy on PS2 (lost my old copy somewhere) because I was sure that was the one thing I didn't do. Searched around all over where they should have been then when I looked it up online I learned it was the international version only.

I could get the remaster but I'm not going to put all of that effort into it again.
>>
>>321994087
>>321997874
i dont even know how this is possible. ffx is such a boring fucking game for me i always drop it around the part where you meet auron after the blitz tournament
>>
>321998247
Damn, that's a shame. I live in EU so I had to deal with the 50hz shit but at least we got the better endgame, since the international version is the EU one at 60hz and in japanese (don't remember if english as well).

The dark aeons are definitely a fun challenge but Penance (thanks for saying the name, I didn't remember) is not an interesting bossfight, you have to squeeze your stats beyond what's even displayable on the stat screen to beat him. I mean getting over 255 (yes, you can get over 255 but only during the fight and it's never displayed) using a Riku turbo so you don't get destroyed by an abnormally overpowered attack he has and such. I didn't like it, it's way too extreme of a bossfight.

But the dark aeons are definitely cool and more like what an optional bossfight should be.

>>321998278
It's a matter of taste bro, you either get into the game or you don't and there's nothing wrong with either of those. I loved FFX, but didn't like FFVI for instance (and people praise the game beyond belief).
>>
>>321999093
I meant to quote >>321998247 here but I'm clinically retarded.
>>
>>321994087
dead or alive ultimate. all costumes. i was a teen, lots of boners
>>
>>321998278
It does have a slow start but once the story shifts away from Tidus and his whiny attitude and you learn about Yuna's pilgrimage and what it means for her and Spira it gets you right in the feels.
>>
File: 4141515.png (43 KB, 775x121) Image search: [Google]
4141515.png
43 KB, 775x121
>>321994087
STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE -INTERNATIONAL-
Over 500 hours
5 walkthroughs
900 battle trophies
5 times battle Ethereal Queen
100% quest, data, weapons, etc.
2 battle trophies consist in defeating a total number of 30 000 enemies with 2 characters making a total of 60 000.

Also FFX just took me about 150 to get all 100% since i know about the game i some tips to get what i want.
>>
>>321999740
nice! when I played through initially I didn't have internet at home (early-mid 2000s, lived in a rural area) so I couldn't look up a guide and had to rely on my friends' second hand info. I used to write game notes to myself in notebooks for future reference.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.