[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what advice would you give to someone who sucks at this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
what advice would you give to someone who sucks at this game?
which character is your favorite? I have most of them. I like using Azazel but it just feels cheap
I'm playing on ps4
>>
Don't get hit
>>
learn to hunt for the secret and super secret rooms
>>
>>321991331
Azazel is best character because he's cool as fuck, cool name, wings and brimstone, but yeah, it's cheap

If you suck, try Magdalene at the beginning and then switch to Cain/Samson

Also, learn to find secret rooms
>>
>>321990437
Secret rooms
Don't take red heart damage so that you get devil deals
Look for rocks with a small x on them, they are also slightly different in colour. Blow those up for keys, hearts and rarely items.
Blow up the carpet in rooms with beds in them, there is allways a crawlspace underneath, shich often have items.
>>
File: fire-emblem.jpg (233 KB, 1135x704) Image search: [Google]
fire-emblem.jpg
233 KB, 1135x704
So i'm thinking to play all the Fire Emblem saga, or at least the canon games.

How should I start?

Also: <spoiler> Is Awakening good? <spoiler>
>>
>>321991516
this
>>
>>321993773
whoops, sorry, wrong thread
>>
Before the nerd Judas was best, but I prefer Cain and Eden now.
>>
play with cain
>>
File: 1451439631591.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1451439631591.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
is The Lost worth unlocking?
>>
>>321993962
or azekel
>>
Unlock the D6 and reroll shit items.
>>
>>321994151
His unlocks are fantastic and clearing with him legitimately has never been easier.
>>
>>321994151

Yes, especially in Afterbirth after donating enough to the Greed donation machine. He's much easier and a lot less frustrating (no need to hold R for Holy Mantle/9 Lives)

>>321992710

He's the worst character because of his almost nonexistent tear synergies. That's the tradeoff you make with him. He's OP as fuck and can beat the game with nothing but his base damage, but he's unable to take full advantage of what makes Isaac run.

Also suggesting Maggie to a beginner is kinda silly. The speed down is gonna fuck him up so hard.

>>321991331

Samson is the best character in the game (excluding the obvious D6 Isaac and a godly Eden start).
>>
>>321991331
in isaac its knowledge>skill

just read item descriptions at wiki and platinumgod.co.uk
>>
File: Fucking_Hush.png (365 KB, 965x542) Image search: [Google]
Fucking_Hush.png
365 KB, 965x542
This game is making me into an achievement whore. I had eternal god in the original, and real plat god before Rebirth happened, but I don't know if I can put up with this torture again. I just can't make it to Hush in time. I finally had a decent run and missed it by about a minute. Least I got Mega Satan out of the way, I had been trying to get those key pieces for days.

Should I just hold R until I get mega tears or something? His low damage is what seems to always get me. Fuck The Lost.
>>
>>321994945
You need to step up your game, I got to hush by accident yesterday.
>>
>>321994945
go straight for the item room and then the boss dont fuck about in side rooms and you should easily make it on time
>>
File: anotherwankenobi.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
anotherwankenobi.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>>321991331
2RTHVWNF is a fun and relatively easy seed for anyone who wants to try it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.