[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales of Vesperia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
How do I kill this piece of shit? I already tried grinding up to level 19 and this fucker still won't die.
>>
Set estelle and rita to passive.

Put a spell the enemy is weak to on up and down right stick. spam up and down right stick. In between spell animations you do a long combo as yuri. Stop when the spells are hitting again. When the spells stop, combo. This is how you beat all tales games until graces.
>>
That fucker is one of the most retarded difficulty spikes I've ever seen in a game, worse that it's not even some big plot relevant boss.
>>
>>321971887
Even worse is that one of your party members talks about how supposedy easy the fight was right after you beat it.
>>
I had trouble too although that was mostly because I thought I couldn't go back to town. Buy the latest gear and life bottles. Use cerebrus strike into that wolf knock down move. I think he is weak to fire so spam the Yuri fire move when you use your limit.
>>
>>321972184
How many hours into the game was this guy? I got 40 hours into this game once, I straight up don't remember any boss giving any crazy amount of trouble in that game.
>>
>>321972703
What difficulty were you playing at? If I recall in hard mode the bosses have more than double the HP.It also helps if you've played tales games before and know what you are doing life bottles trivalize everything.The boss is pretty early so you don't have much to work with combo wise
>>
It also doesn't help that Estelle is a complete fucking retard that pretty much requires you to disable everything but her healing spells in order for her AI to function as a healer
>>
Making a shortcut so Rita spams fireball during overlimit as much as possible and having her AI target the small ones will shred through them pretty fast.
>>
File: 1450704939410.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1450704939410.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>321971564
>360
>>
File: 453565345342.jpg (71 KB, 470x621) Image search: [Google]
453565345342.jpg
71 KB, 470x621
>>321973378

Look at this cutie.
>>
>>321973260

I find you pretty much have to do that for every Tales healer except Mint, Tear and Raine. And they (excluding Tear a little) practically have nothing but healing spells anyway.

Estelle is one of the worse ones though, yeah. You can get away with leaving her offensive magic on but God help you if you leave her any melee Artes, because she WILL run up to niggas and use Star Stroke instead of healing you when you're near death.

Although I think the fact that she's ungodly overpowered by the end of the game almost makes up for her dodgy AI, because if you do figure out how to work around it she becomes an unkillable healing machine regardless of difficulty.
>>
>>321973260
I set off her attack spells early on by the end of the game I was just manually casting and canceling spells via the menu because she would waste so much of her mp when my party wouldnt need powerful healing spells at that moment. She would also never clear status effects unless everyone was at 100% despite taking massive damage from poison or becoming inactive for the longest time because of petrafication, so it was good for that as well
>>
>>321973260
Don't put her on that "focus on healing" strategy and she'll actually do a decent job, ironically
>>
>>321971564
put on very easy, kill it, then put it back to hard and move on
>>
File: 1216141286280.png (153 KB, 457x413) Image search: [Google]
1216141286280.png
153 KB, 457x413
>>321975689
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.