[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus Christ this is one of the most aggravating Mario Karts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: mariokart8box.jpg (1019 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
mariokart8box.jpg
1019 KB, 2560x1440
Jesus Christ this is one of the most aggravating Mario Karts I've ever played. The AI on 150cc and up is just merciless
>Green Shells and Bananas are pretty much magnets with how big the hitboxes are and are pretty much the most dangerous items in the game
>Blue Shells are practically worthless now as they do very little to impede you by comparison
>Item destroyer is worthless because Lightning from the back of the pack will just destroy it more often than not
>Continuously getting coins in the item boxes.
>AI intelligently and with pinpoint accuracy chucks bananas in your path
>The second you use an item while in 1st place the AI senses it and pelts you

You can be as skillful as you like but like it or not the AI will get to you in some races and just pelt you with items so essentially your only option is to just hold onto items.
>>
File: 1448189593277.jpg (67 KB, 569x516) Image search: [Google]
1448189593277.jpg
67 KB, 569x516
>>321963265
>being bad at Mario Kart
>he has problems with 150cc
>>
File: daisy_rides.png (372 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
daisy_rides.png
372 KB, 500x706
This is one of the few legitamite times when the 'get gud' meme applies. Mario Kart 8 is the easiest Mario Kart yet because of how much they have improved everything.

Mario Kart DS and Wii fucked you over with crappy controls, ridiculous RNG items and small tracks. And was by far the most ruthless of the series. Mario Kart 8 fixed all of those things and therefore became easier.

Note, I'm not saying easy = bad. Mario Kart 8 is the best game so far. But the things that make it the best also make it easier than past games.

Heck, they even added a 200cc mode because 150cc was easier.
>>
>>321963265
150cc is a joke but fuck me if I know how you're supposed to do most tracks at 200c. Shit is so fast it feels actually impossible to navigate with most setups without braking.
>>
>>321964352
Anon. You are supposed to brake. They didn't design the courses with 200cc in mind.
>>
>>321964352
That's because it is. Braking was never really used much before but with 200cc it adds a whole new aspect to the race. I also like how it's no longer a heavyfest like with 150cc, so you see a better variety of racers online rather than a ton of Mortonfags.
>>
File: 1429573319685.jpg (139 KB, 796x709) Image search: [Google]
1429573319685.jpg
139 KB, 796x709
>>321964352

It says right on the select screen '200cc - The ultimate speed. Breaking is required!'

I still prefer 150cc myself. The game was clearly designed with that being the standard speed. 200cc just feels like they sped the game up. Since its not just the kart speed that increases, but many of the animations/characters on the side of the track.
>>
>>321963265
Wii was worse. Between the enormous amount of stun that items give and how fucking dickish the CPUs are. 3 staring 150cc is aggravating as fuck.
>>
>>321964756
>Mortonfags.
>tfw when I'm playing light characters and still shrek most people online
>that one guy with a 2700 rating that ragequit on me
>>
>>321964756

I usually see more Link and Rosalina online.

And usually its a light character like Toad who ends up in first when I play.
>>
>>321964952

>hit with a blue turtle shell
>no biggie, I'm still in first

>three red urtle shells in a row
>drop down to 6th place

>every single kart bumps you as they pass
>bumping returns you to a complete stop
>drop to 11th place

>get hit by a bullet bill and pushed off a cliff
>drop to 12 place, completely unable to move for over 30 seconds

Mario Kart Wii was complete shit.
>>
>>321964235

>Mario Kart DS
>putting Mario Kart DS and Wii in the same category like that
>implying DS wasn't the most skill based Mario Kart
>>
>>321965131
I like how they shortened the time it takes for Lakitu to get you back up, in some of the previous games it was pretty much a death sentence unless you had a half-lap lead.
>>
>>321965131
This. I hated Mario Kart Wii and it sucks that it became the de facto Mario kart game for a sizable portion of time because of the Wii's popularity. Personally Double Dash, 64, and DS are the series high points.
>>
>>321965131
That rare occasion when you made a comeback from that shit in Wii, only because the same shit happen to the guys who took the lead from you.
>>
>>321965269

>doing a ton of snaking is skill
>>
>>321964235
T H I C K
H
I
C
K
>>
>>321964235

neither Wii or DS had crappy controls

kill yourself
>>
File: 165418185416.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
165418185416.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>321965131
>>
>>321964235
OP here
I'll give you Wii, but Mario Kart DS is one of the easiest barring 7 (which is by far the easiest) purely because of snaking.

Also how does git gud apply to a game that is about 55% luck?
>>
>>321966150

>Also how does git gud apply to a game that is about 55% luck?
Luck is a much smaller factor than in past Mario Kart games. Mostly because of improved items all around. Blue Shells are a lot less common, lightning bolt actually helps you if you're in first place, you can actually hit people with green shells pretty easily now (making second place no longer the worst place to be). And of course, item dragging is still great, but without having to snake endlessly while holding L.
>>
>>321966428
>you can actually hit people with green shells pretty easily now (making second place no longer the worst place to be)
That's what makes it harder because the same thing applies to COMS against you. Half of my losses and near misses are just getting pelted with Green Shells.
>>
>>321966520

You occasionally get hit. But its nowhere near the 9 out of 10 times like on Mario Kart Wii. Item dragging actually works 75% of the time in this game. Most of the time, I get hit by stray green shells that weren't intended for me and bounce off a wall into me.

MK8 isn't perfect by any means, don't get me wrong. There's an annoying bug where red and blue shells will switch targets based on what place you are in. You can be in third place when someone releases a blue/red shell. But then you use a mushroom and zoom into first...causing that blue/red shell to switch targets to you. Rather unfair and annoying. But still, nowhere near as bad as Mario Kart Wii where any place below 1st was just endless red shell hell. Didn't matter if you dragged an item or not since all the computers would team up and send 3-5 red shells at you.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.