[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone find JRPGs, as a genre, fun? >lifeless characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x1[1].jpg (103 KB, 1200x666) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x1[1].jpg
103 KB, 1200x666
How can anyone find JRPGs, as a genre, fun?

>lifeless characters
>low-effort dialog
>grindy gameplay
>super repetitive
>nothing unique in any way

Pic related
>>
>>321953735
These are the same people that watch slice of life and magical girl anime.
>>
OP likes Dragon Age.
>>
These people have no sense of self-worth
>>
>>321953735
here's why i find them fun
>i enjoy grinding
>i enjoy the combat (most of the time)
>neat characters (sometimes)
>cool settings (most of the time)
>qt grills
yep that's it

opinions, anon
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 1920x1080
How can anyone find X, as a genre, fun?

>baseless opinion
>baseless opinion
>baseless opinion
>baseless opinion
>baseless opinion

Pic related
>>
>>321953735
>JRPGs
>grinding
Are you stuck in the 1990s or did you only play disgaea?
>>
Xenoblade isnt a jrpg its a fucking offline MMO at its very core. It's designed that way.

wiiU owners dont know shit about jrpg.
>>
In the traditional sense, yes.

Souls series is a nice exception. And Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>321956428
Holy shit is it actually an offline MMO?

Is this the game I've been looking for?

Dear lord christ on a tricycle I may need to buy a WII-U
>>
File: Halo6.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Halo6.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
How can anyone find FPS, as a genre, fun?

>lifeless characters
>low-effort dialog
>grindy gameplay
>super repetitive

Pic related
>>
>>321955995
>Are you stuck in the 1990s
Actually this is pretty valid criticism for XcX

The game locks you out of story missions until you did X amount of thing
>>
So many anti XCX and #FE threads. Can't wait for the shitposters to finally get games on their console of choice so they have something to play instead of leaving salt everywhere.
>>
>>321953735
Not defending anything else but that game did manage to have a interesting world that I actually wanted to explore and I usually hate open world sandboxes. I think its because it was actually interesting and had things that were much more creative than typical open worlds. Sorry I don't want to see shit I can walk in to any urban or rural area and could have seen/see skyrim, gta, gothic... etc.

Just got tired of bland old buildings and castles. Was nice to see floating islands and huge crystal formations and crazy impossible landscapes.

Everything else is just whatever. I don't hate JRPGs but it would be nice if take-turn combat could evolve more. I'm not a new age hipster who has no patience for take-turn but I would like to see it implemented more cleanly. Add more factors to have to manage or something. Most JRPGs have been dumbed down in mechanics since the "everybody wins" generation.
>>
>>321958569
OP here

>implying I don't have a Wii U and XCX
>>
File: 1445904729351.png (746 KB, 897x1021) Image search: [Google]
1445904729351.png
746 KB, 897x1021
>>321953735

>>321953735
>>
>Nothing unique
>JRPGs

It's the most unique genre

Pokemon, Tales series, and Final Fantasy Tare all JRPGS, vastly different in mechanics, presentation, and content.
>>
>>321959637
>melodramatic anime characters and turn based combat is unique

You poor delusional thing
>>
>>321959821
>Tales of
>turn based
>pokemon
>melodramatic
>>
>>321953735
>grindy
Git gud
>>
>>321959968
>responding to retards
>>
I love that Japan will never change for retards in the west.
Long live Dragon Quest and turn-based games in general.
>>
File: 342.png (9 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
342.png
9 KB, 235x236
>>321959637

no one puts any effort into it nowadays.
>>
>>321960120
>muh little anime girls

Weeb pls go, there's nothing of substance worth preserving from that shit country
>>
>>321953735
How can anyone find WRPGs, as a genre, fun?
>lifeless characters
>low-effort dialog
>grindy gameplay
>super repetitive
>>
File: 1378662490564.png (3 KB, 203x219) Image search: [Google]
1378662490564.png
3 KB, 203x219
>>321960528
Lol look at this guy

WRPGs pride themselves on elaborate character and story design with extensive dialog. So much, in fact, that if it lacks in any way the game is heavily criticized for it.
>>
>>321960734
Yes how can anyone forget about the riveting and thought provoking dialogue like HATE NEWSPAPERS
>>
>>321960910
Dvery Fallout 4 thread is a shitfest of Todd posting and calling the game bad. Are you really going to use that as your argument against me?

The best part is XCX fails harder than Fallout 4 in every equivalent department and is nothing but praised. And it's because JRPGs are held to a much lower standard.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.