[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I decided to try play Dota 2. I've played about 10 games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1449206037044.jpg (67 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449206037044.jpg
67 KB, 640x640
So I decided to try play Dota 2. I've played about 10 games so far. What an awful fucking game. I went through the training stuff and follow the guide and seem to do okay, but every game is just a one sided shitfest that is over within 10 minutes. You can't surrender, and no one pushes to try end so you end up sitting around for 40+ minutes while the other team or your team feeds on kills until they have 6 items and want to end.

Why the fuck can't I surrender? Why the fuck can't I leave when the score is 60-3? Why the fuck does anyone put themselves through this? Does it get any better?
>>
>>321950793
>I've played about 10 games so far.
>no one pushes to try end
Those statement are kinda contradictory.
>>
>>321950793
>wahh why are pub matches at bottom of the barrel matchmaking terrible
Yes, it gets better.
>>
You just gotta git gud. Seriously. I was fortunate enough to learn it back when everyone was shit (original DotA), but I can absolutely see how it would be torture to learn it today, when everyone is screaming at each other, often in foreign languages. Back then I also hated it at first, but only because it was boring. And yet I came back, and now 10 years later I'm still playing.

The sad truth is that even if you get better, you'll still get these people. The only way to actually enjoy the game is to find a group of friends to play with, who also aren't shit, or at the very least about as good as you are, so matchmaking won't completely screw you over, which will occasionally happen regardless. It's not an easy task.
But if you do get good enough, you can carry the games yourself, to an extent.

Good luck, if you decide stick around.
>>
I'm not even going to try to defend Dota, it's a shit game and I only still play because Stockholm Syndrome, but your picked the absolute worst time to try and learn it. All the kids are on winter break, matchmaking has been absolutely fucking unbearable for the last 2 weeks.
>>
>>321953269
I played the Original WC3 dota, the game is totally different now than it was when I played (4-6 years ago).

>>321953621
It is absolutely horrid, what the fuck can I even do. I just want to leave the game but I guess I get banned?
>>
>>321954678
If you leave games, you'll end up with the REAL shitters. Don't take that risk, unless you absolutely have to, because you have to win games to get back out of that shithole.
You have to be prepared to spend an hour on games. If the enemy refuses to end it, they are just giving you a chance to turn it around. Sure, it's not very realistic in the low bracket, but it is possible.

I'm curious, when you say totally different, what do you mean? I've never taken a major break from playing, so I'd like to hear what it's like for you.
>>
Ive played over 5000 houes of dota 2 and it never gets better

Every 2nd game has a retard in it. learn to deal with it or go play league
>>
>>321955317
The community seemed better at the game. I guess because of how it was designed (banlists etc) that people took it kinda seriously, and people didn't just feed randomly. Sure there were bad players, but the people I see in these games can barely boot up their computer, let alone play the fucking game.

>>321955706
League is just as garbage but at least if one guy gets fed you can do something about it. In Dota 2 its a race to get fed and then you can just carry the entire game.
>>
File: 1274753269149.jpg (8 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
1274753269149.jpg
8 KB, 235x251
>>321955706
>implying LoL doesn't have just as many if not more retards
>>
File: 1356684792526.jpg (292 KB, 1131x1035) Image search: [Google]
1356684792526.jpg
292 KB, 1131x1035
>>321956079
>League is just as garbage but at least if one guy gets fed you can do something about it. In Dota 2 its a race to get fed and then you can just carry the entire game.
And here's where we know you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, because this is completely backwards.

LoL is just pure damage. If someone gets fed, all you can do is tank the damage while you kill them or deal it faster by focusing. There are no hard counters to completely shut a fed carry out, the hard CC is significantly weaker, and the fact that every ability scales on a curve that you need to keep up with means you're even further behind if someone gets fed.
>>
>>321956079
That's interesting. Maybe you're stuck in the wrong end, but people are absolutely better at the game on average. There's a meta, and people stick to it. I sorely miss the days when I could do stupid shit and still win the game single handedly, with any hero, any items, and my mouse stuck up my ass.
There was no set meta, and most people had little interest in the competitive aspects of the game. You were in control, you hosted the games, you made sure no Russians had joined your game. Good times. Nowadays tryhards are abundant.
>>
>>321950793
>I've played about 10 games
>I'm shitty and so is everyone else I get matched with

Wow what a shocker.
>>
Ask yourself why you're playing a game that requires so much teamwork and coordination and communication in solo queue, and then stop playing or make some friends fast.
>>
it's interesting that Dota2 matchmaking literally focuses on you having a 50% winrate

retards in your team is inevitable
>>
>>321950793
Either play with your friend or drop the genre
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.