[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I play this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-12-29_00001.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_00001.jpg
460 KB, 1920x1080
How do I play this game?
>>
click the left mouse button
>>
>>321935130
It's a really good game.

Ignore all the people with the yellow/gold names.
>>
>>321935251
But i'm getting rekt by everything pretty much
>>
>playing games
>>
>>321935130
What game m8
>>
I just started playing this game too

>Get to Lord Raedric
>Reach him pretty easily, just have to be careful and strategize and camp a couple times
>Kill Osyra on the way too, no biggie
>Try to fight him
>His men kill my entire party in about 5 seconds

I guess I have no choice but to just leave and come back later in the game, because I do not intend to join this guy
>>
>>321935294
I'm not far in yet but what I've found works best is

>Build Eder to be a tank, get him to engage the enemies as much as possible, bottlenecking in doors and etc if applicable
>Have Aloth hang back for weak shit and unload his strongest damage spells on strong or dangerous enemies

Then just do whatever, depending on your class
>>
>>321935560
I'm not even that far in.

I tried doing the quest that the girl from the tutorials sister gives you, but the mushroom monsters basically one hit me.

Then i went into the dungeon under the temple or whatever in town and the spirits and shadows in there are ganging up on me
>>
>Bought this during sale
>Suddenly underrail blows up
>People tell me to buy underrail
>Can't afford it anymore after buying PoE
welp
>>
>>321935870
What difficulty are you on? I cleared that whole dungeon out on normal with >>321935806 and just had Aloth and Eder in my party and was like level 2 or 3

I did have to save after every encounter down there and reload if I got unlucky or made a mistake though, but it's doable, just pause frequently in combat and take full advantage of skills and positioning
>>
>>321936057
I was on normal but reduced it to easy because i'm new to this type of game and was getting rekt.

I don't have Eder yet
>>
What game is this?
>>
>>321936140
Go sleep in the inn and then talk to the dwarf corpse on the tree, then talk to Eder again and he'll join you

You can do this immediately after reaching the town for the first time

He's a pretty tanky fighter so you really want him, especially in these early parts
>>
>>321936291
I rolled a paladin myself, because I thought making myself beefy would be good for a beginner
>>
>>321935294
option\game\difficulty\very easy
click the left mouse buttons.
>>
>>321936375
That's even better then because you and Eder can just go facetank things while Aloth uses Arcane Assault

Also there's a smithy in town, if you haven't been there, see about getting some stronger armor and maybe a new weapon if you need to
>>
>>321936589
Alright, i'll try tomorrow.

I'm liking the game otherwise. It actually feels like you're playing your own character, unlike other modern RPG's
>>
>>321935130
>How do I play this game?

Look at the wikia.

First remake your class, because you get companions and if your class is one of the same classes as a companion, you just fucked up. You want to gain all the benefits of having variety, stacking classes is moot, there is no need.

Second, enemies die in seconds and you die in seconds. All the strategic crap like status effects, snares, roots, buffs, duration are all completely useless. Just pick your strongest attacks and spam the shit out of that while smashing the healing keys. That's all you literally need.

Third, you don't need a rogue but you MUST have a person with high mechanical attributes to find extra items, lock pick and disarm traps.

Fourth, enchant your weapons and armors when you can, the weapons and armors you get are only very slight upgrades from the next, you won't find a badass armor or weapon that will make you a god among men. Think along the lines of finding an exotic + 1 to back scratching.

Enjoy the story, it is pretty gud.
>>
>>321936140
>I don't have Eder yet

You NEED a tank. All of the other classes are paper mache. A tank will draw multiple enemies, have higher health, reduce damage per attack and more.

Open up your aformation, put your tank at the top, then right behind him, put your mage. Mages have many area of effect skills and positioning them is vital to their performance. Game has friendly fire so you want to avoid that. Put your ranged character and other melee characters in the far back.

What this does, is that your melee will need to run up to the enemies, who should already be focused on the tank if he was at the front.

If you still have trouble, spread out your units, then use a ranged weapon on the tank to draw enemies into your traps and spells. Nothing is more satisfying than drawing 5 enemies into waiting 0traps, blizzards, thunder storms and hell fire walls all at once.

Gg E-Z
>>
How's this game in comparison to underrail
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.