[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's $12 right now. Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
It's $12 right now. Is it worth it?
>>
>>321927338
nah
its worth 5$ though
>>
>>321927338
FUCK NO
>>
Playing through it right now

fun gameplay with beautiful art direction and music.

Worth, imo
>>
It's a very good game.
Pretty short though, but i'd say yes.
>>
>>321927338
This is a meme free comment, friend.

If you like Metriodvania style games, you will really enjoy this game period. The graphics, art, music and animations are absolutely beautiful. It plays smooth and plays fun.

If you're looking for 6+ hours of immersive fun gameplay pick it up.
>>
Yes it is.
>>
>>321927338
It's goty 2015.

A uniquely beautiful game where the art never tiles/repeats, every screen is unique. Great story that is told in a non-overbearing way, incredible music, fun gameplay. Can't recommend anything more.
>>
>>321927338
Imagine one of the newer Rayman games, except structured like a metroidvania with a large focus on platforming. That's how Ori plays. It's also got fucking crazy good art.

Definitely worth $12.
>>
>>321928106
So I'm guessing replayability is high in this one?
>>
>>321928381
Eh, no, not really. I got the upgrade that showed the location of every health and magic powerup on the map and collected them pretty quick, right before beating the game. I may go back in a year and play it, but that's just cause it's a really fucking good game.
>>
>>321928381
No not really it's more of a one and done thing

A "definitive edition" dlc is coming out within a few months and it's highly likely it will include challenge levels because the game lends itself to that type of gameplay. it really needs challenge levels/time trials.
>>
>>321927338
For 12 bucks, definitely.
But I didn't like it as much as some other recent Metroidvanias. Such as Axiom Verge. Axiom Verge hate squad incoming. It is certainly beautiful, though, so don't let me put you off of playing it.
The movement mechanics are really smooth and satisfactory, also.
>>
File: ori.jpg (73 KB, 995x379) Image search: [Google]
ori.jpg
73 KB, 995x379
>>321928381
there's some runs you need to do without upgrades, or getting no-deaths. It's pretty fun trying to get them
>>
>>321928848
did you legit do that

i found it unthinkable because there are a lot of areas in the game where, because of the unique art style, you wont hit 1 set of spikes but you will hit a similar set of spikes from the same difference, and i found that infuriating

probably another thing the definitive edition dlc will improve
>>
>>321927338
it's getting a remake in a month or so OP, wait for it
>>
>>321929372
One way to get the No Death achievement is save scumming, but it's way too bothersome and you'll probably burn yourself from the game

if you want to try something similar, only save after defeating one challenge (Ginso Tree, for example)
>>
>>321929921
>One way to get the No Death achievement is save scumming

man if you honestly save scum achievements like this you ought to be drug out and shot. like hwats the point? why wouldnt you just use the achievement unlocker thing at that point lol

i've honestly never tried to get a single achievement in my life, i dont find them a motivating factor, im too oldschool
>>
>>321929806
it isn't a remake it is a DLC that adds on to the base game you will always save money by buying the base game for cheaper.
>>
>>321930019
>im too oldschool
You just prefer competition against a living being. It's honestly the normal mature thing to do. Getting a no-death run isn't a sign of skill. Really achievements aren't
>>
>>321930019
to be fair, I got most of the achievements by accident (100% map, all upgrades, all secrets) since I try to do the same with every game since Super Metroid

Today, I can do a Ori run and die like 3 times and the three fucking times in the woods, since I got used up to its mechanics and it's fun to speedrun
>>
>>321930189
me too bruh. single player vidya doesn't do much for me anymore, only competitive.

but ori was something that i found myself absolutely invested in, tried to 100% on my first try, and loved. it's a testament to the game it is.
>>
>>321930643
i tried to 100% it as-well, but the point of no returns made it impossible. Then I realized it was pointless anyways since it was just going to every corner and hugging every wall. Not really worht calling 100%ing a game
>>
>>321930742
i missed 100%ing it by one thing in the fucking tree. i tried like 12 times to get it and couldnt survive while getting it so i just left it

i hate fucking point of no returns. i imagine the definitive edition will allow you to replay them.

the tree is the hardest part of the game, harder than the entire last dungeon and final sequence
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.