[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game actually good or is it /v/'s boku no pico?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: lastremnant.jpg (757 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
lastremnant.jpg
757 KB, 1280x1024
Is this game actually good or is it /v/'s boku no pico?
>>
Game's pretty damn good.
>>
Great

Best girl dies though
>>
>>321897221
The main character is a walking anime trope but the gameplay and music are god tier.
>>
>>321898513

I hated Rush for the first few hours, but his quest commentary grew on me.
>>
Boku no Pico is fucking great faggot.
>>
Whatever you do don't grind.
>>
>>321901107
I always heard people say this about this game but it didn't make sense.
Is it due to broken scaling like in Oblivion or is there something else at play.
>>
>>321901420
There's some boss that will instantly fuck you in the ass if you do, or something like that.
>>
File: lies.gif (342 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
lies.gif
342 KB, 500x250
>>321901420

In the 360 version you could fuck yourself because "grinding" in the traditional sense--slaying weakass shit/ending fights quick--is not how you gain stats in this game. The longer/harder the fight, the more stats you get at the end of it.

This is basically a SaGa game in disguise, so expect somewhat obtuse battle mechanics.
>>
>>321901685
so grinding is akin to inefficient leveling
yeah I get it
>>
>>321902192
No it's akin to shooting yourself in the foot, the more fights you get into the stronger your enemies become. It's all based off your battle rank.
>>
>>321901685
I dont get it

so do I or do I not grind?

Im on PC if that makes a difference
>>
>>321897221

It's probably the best SRPG I've ever played.

I'd reccomend it if you love strategy games, but I honestly never beat it.

I always get stuck at the superboss midway through the game, and quit out of frustration.
>>
File: 1403899208024.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403899208024.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>321903360

It's okay to "grind" just as long as the fights are long/hard--the game gives you an ability to chain map-mobs together and engage them as one fight, so you basically abuse this when you want to "grind."

IIRC there's one really good sidequest that lets you chain like 99 bugs together for crazy gainz.

>>321903596

I like how before you go into the aqueducts the game straight up tells you "yo dude go make a backup save or something because you are about to get fuuuuuuuuuucked."
>>
>>321903360
Don't grind on low level trash just to gain stats. It's better to fight enemies on your own level or stronger than you seeing as you will actually develop your attack and magic skills that way. If you go around fighting every low level trash you will end up fucked into the butt later on the game.
>>
>Is this game actually good or is it /v/'s good material?
What the fuck are you saying OP?
>>
File: 10 out of 10 localization.jpg (208 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 localization.jpg
208 KB, 1024x576
>>321899628
The best
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (138 KB, 451x423) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
138 KB, 451x423
>>321903836

That guy was a pain, but beatable.

I was never able to kill this asshole, despite trying for days
>>
>>321904137

Rush was such a cheeky shit, it's a shame his first impression was M-MUH SISTER and then people uninstalled the game, because he mellowed the fuck out once you got her back.

I'd honestly play another game with him, but sequel never.
>>
>>321904236

Pretty much all of the superbosses assfucked me and I couldn't be bothered to even cheat my way into a win.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.