[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KOTOR aged badly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: v1451264436949.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
v1451264436949.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
i can't do this any more v...
i am 12hours in, i was patient through Carths bullshit on Taris (i didn't speak to him, suck it cry some more faglet Carth).

i just became a jedi and got brainwashed by those old folks about how good is good and evil is bad,
made my saber.
>walk out
>the BAR slut comes up to Mission
>family/brother drama starts
>fuck this I am out.

having played Mass Effect 1/2 before didn't help with Kotor for me because i knew all these bullshit and "twist" plots and i just don't have fun anymore..
and the combat.. d20 rolls and - + this and that... like what? there are no dices wjat rolls...

KOTOR 2 is better, funner?
i will just go back to the jedi knight shooters, they kick ass.
>KYLE KATARN STOLE THE DStar PLANS, fuck disney.
>>
It's not. Idk why kotor 1 and 2 are praised so heavily. They are baby rpgs where the only good thing about them is the companions. No optional bosses, no cool secrets. The combat sucks, the environment sucks, the dialogue is meh, the game is easy as fuck after a certain point. I could go on, but It's just boring in the end.
>>
bump for KOTOR veterans' help
>>
>>321896482
It's basically Bioware: The Game. I played it recently and was appalled by how predictable and cliche is was. KOTOR 2 is much much better.
>>
Um, well, certainly part of KOTOR's problem is that a plot twist only works once, and that's the main thing going for the game. As for KOTOR2,

>Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you.
>>
>>321897375
what exactly do you need help with?
if you don't like the game at this point, it's not going to get better for you
2 is no different except for the shift in tone
>>
>>321896482
KOTOR 2 isent really much better its a major improvement over the first but they both aged pretty badly.
>>
i will just delete it.. i jave far more important syar wars games tp play,
jedi knights, commandos, rpgue squadron again..
>>
The strength of the games are writing/setting. If you want a fun action game, just don't play it
>>
>>321896482
Yeah they aged terribly, i only play them for nostalgia.
>>
>>321898072
Is republic commando actually good? I saw some gameplay of that game and the gunplay looks really shit, since the enemies just look like bullets sponges. Whats meant to be good about it?
>>
>>321898140
but that is also a problem.
i play it on easy because i wanted the writing but i don't get that either...
it is just not for me..
>>
>>321898505
apparently you really feel like being in a squad and buddies with your troopers. and it is satisfying.
>>
>>321898505
The bro moments, the tactical gameplay and only some enemies are bullet sponges, but that's mostly Super Battle Droids, it's fun as fuck though.
>>
Have you guys played that Bioware game where you're the last of that ancient line and need to build a team to fight the bad guys nobody believe exist?
>>
>lucasrts is dead
>battlefront is garbage
>Disney just wants to keep expanding their toy based mmo
Star Wars games are fucked aren't they?
>>
>>321896482
I started playing again but... it crashes all the time after a few minutes in gameplay. Damn Windows 10
>>
>>321898140
I think that's what's bugging me the most, I enjoy everything about it but the combat just feels like a drag.
>>
>>321898845
Yeah i've played Dragon Age Origins.
>>
>>321896482
You know they are remaking kotor right
>>
>>321900771
? no. which company?
why remake it? money?
>>
>>321896482
Kotor II largely plays the same but the writing is much better.

steam workshop has plenty of mods too
>>
KOTOR was never good. If you think KOTOR was good, you were probably a kid when you played it.

Oldfag, signing off. To my deathbed.
>>
>>321902656
I liked KOTOR and I played it this year
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.