[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about this mod ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: Image.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
What does /v/ think about this mod ?
>>
It's good, but it's not the best Doom mod out there.
>>
It's cool but super overrated. Also the creator is a sad cunt.
>>
Its a fun distraction. People who think its the only way to play Doom are just flat out wrong.

Also the creator is a massive cuntbag and can go fuck himself
>>
>>321886902
doom for millenials
>>
>>321887165
why is he a cunt anon?
>>
Great mod, but I prefer the one that makes the game play like Halo (but better).
>>
>>321886902

>Iron sights in DOOM
>Those graphical effects that stick out like a sore thumb

It sucks.
>>
The best way to play doom, too bad about the creator being a fag
>>
I never played it, but isn't it the reason Doom 4 is shit?
>>
>>321887249
>I don't know what a millenial is
>>
>>321887249

Pretty much.
>>
It can be a lot of fun. I definitely do put it on whenever I feel like having a booze and gaming session. Though it's good in a God Of War kinda way where rather than having in-depth mechanics and whatnot, it's more that everything you do feels nice.
>>
File: 1439095068044.png (151 KB, 751x607) Image search: [Google]
1439095068044.png
151 KB, 751x607
It breathed some new life into doom for me. It was great fun, made me play through all the episodes again. Good shit. Everyone liked it

then we started seeing people like >>321887239
>>321887249
start popping up. Claiming its not the way its meant to be played and its not the correct vision. Suddenly it got fashionable to hate on Brutal Doom. Its starting to die down now. And what if they mod developer is a cunt? Do you follow Ecelelbs too? Long as he is not putting his face and agenda into the game, who the fuck gives a shit?
>>
The maker of this mod is a real scumbag, that's all I know
>>
>>321887451

Brutal Doom IS shitty edgelord tier mod, though. You want a real gameplay mod, go play DRLA.
>>
>>321887451

10/10 post.

Also Black Metal is way harder than Nightmare, that makes DooM fun and challenging again.
>>
>>321887616
doom is an edgy game, nothing wrong with a mod making it more edgy
>>
>>321887451
He used to pick fights with people who criticized him and took credit for resources he didn't make. If you're part of the modding community then he'd get in your nerves too. I mean, there's a reason why the nigger is infamous on every big Doom forum.
>>
>>321887451

>Claiming its not the way its meant to be played and its not the correct vision

That's not what I said, I said people who think its the ONLY way to play Doom are wrong.
>>
>>321887451

Nigger, I thought Brutal DOOM was shit when I first played it. I was surprised by how many people actually liked it (kinda like I was surprised by the fact that people actually liked the MISERY mod in STALKER: Call of Pripyat)
>>
>>321886902
It's not good enough to get into the TOP 10 it seems.

http://moddb.com/groups/2015-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/players-choice-mod-of-the-year-2015
>>
>>321887996
well it's not from 2015
>>
>>321887616
>edgelord tier mod

Nigga, do you know what fucking game you're playing?
>>
it's fine
alsoI like to watch the circus burn
>>
>>321888062
None of Top 3 mods are.
>>
>>321888220
my bad
I didn't even open the link
>>
takes a boring game and makes it fun, all for free
>>
>>321888529

>DOOM
>Boring
>Adding in iron sights and shitty looking blood spatter makes it good.

I know you're trolling and congrats, you got a response out of me, but I know there are real 12 year olds out there that really think this.
>>
>>321886902
A mediocre mod that makes Doom into a slower repetitive shooter.

Combining that with the shitbag attitude of the creator and you have a 1/10 mod at best.
>>
I had a lot of fun playing the original episodes with a friend. That said, Brutal Doom does lose a lot of the oppressive atmosphere that Doom had.
>>
>>321887664
Don't forget the nice Metal music wads and onedoom.wad that makes all of Doom 1 into a big level.
>>
It generated a lot of butthurt, that's for sure.
Especially among WAD autists jealous their mods were not as popular.

As for the actual game, it's eh.
Has some very questionable ideas like iron sights and "fuck you" button.
At least this shit is optional but it still leaves a bad taste.

However, as much as purists would hate to admit the gunplay is vastly improved. Weapons simply feel better and all the guts and blood just add to that. And honestly that's all it matters. After all, it's doom. A dumb shooter. And that's perfectly fine.
>>
it was alright for a quick laff

doesn't really add anything but gimmicks

i'd rather be playing blood or duke3d anyway
>>
>>321886902

Brutal Doom is pretty great. Better than pretty much any FPS released in the last 5-10 years. Probably 2nd best Doom mod behind DemonSteele
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>321886902
>Brutal Doom is a fun distraction
>Brutal Doom gets popular
>Brutal Doom gets featured on popular youtube channels such as Total Biscuit and John Romero himself mentions the mod
>all the other modders start doing a witch hunt because of jealousy of how popular Brutal Doom became and start to shit talk the mod
>it is now cool to hate on things because they gained popularity

Like clockwork.
>>
>>321886902
its a goofy over-the-top mod that is the XTREME 90's i wanted from a mod. all it needed was a soundtrack by pearl jam.

i have fun with it, its not a "best mod", but it's goofy fun.
>>
>>321890958
Listen here cuckwork orange, people just think hat Sgt. Mark is a dildo.
>>
>>321887368
i know

for reference, people born in the 80's are millennials, you fucking children. YOUR part of a group that will never have good experiences, it'll just be building on what we experienced better in the 80's and 90's, but worse.

a little thing called GOOD GAMES
>>
File: 1449412932575.jpg (159 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449412932575.jpg
159 KB, 640x640
>>321886902
Easily the best version of Doom. Don't listen to contrarians saying otherwise.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.