[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on battlefront?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: wallpaper_SWBF_1920x1080.jpg (599 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_SWBF_1920x1080.jpg
599 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on battlefront?
>>
>>321874201
a TR8-OR to the series
>>
Worth a rent, but barely much more than that.
>>
Thought the beta made it look boring and too stale
>>
It was really fun and really impressive and super cool...for like 3 hours.
>>
>>321874201

A very high quality free2play game made children and casual players.

The only real problem is that it costs a LOT.
>>
>>321874201
My little brother got me BF2 as a gift. It's really fun even if I'm just playing by myself.
>>
>>321874201
Boring shooter, worst Dice game
>>
Looks amazing, but has no depth.
>>
some of the best graphics and sound design ever in a game.
pretty fun game but only if you have someone irl to play with it.
>>
It looks nice. I just feel like it's missing a lot of content. I wish you could put atachments or customize your soldier. It's fun for a couple of games then it just gets boring.
>>
Once the premium edition hits 20 or 30$ I will buy it. If the game is even alive at that point. There's no depth to the game and I'm not paying 100€ for such a shallow game.
>>
Let's talk about this year's big shootans

>Black Ops 3
Campaign with multiplayer aspects
Different characters to play as with unique abilities
Skinner's box shit when it comes to guns and skins
A ton of different modes
Season pass

>Halo 5
Campaign with multiplayer
Skinner's box for skins
Variety of multiplayer modes with more coming
Free maps
Vehicles

>Rainbow Six Siege
A very shitty "campaign" to teach you the basics
Different operators that have different abilities
A much shorter skinner's box for unlocking skins and attachments
Free maps and future characters can be unlock via playing
Only really 2 multiplayer modes with more coming

>Battlefront
No campaign
Skinner's box amounts to different heads and emotes. The actual weapon and ability upgrades give an advantage over newer players and even then they are few
Very few maps. There's effectively 4 maps that are cut up depending on the mode
Vehicles that are largely useless
Devs are already working on a different game
Season pass

Battlefront is by far the worst investment for shootan
>>
File: freedom.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
freedom.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>321874674
Not even.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

>no roll
>gunplay is as shallow as standing around and blasting at each other
>albeit, without classes every character has basically infinite range -- even because the ordinary blasters are OP
>sniper for any character; infinite grenades x2
>shallow vehicle play with automatic CDs instead of stamina (it's like QTE vs. action gameplay)

No roll, no buy.
>>
Im loving it so far. Especially Jakku. Canr wait for the new maps next month.
>>
>>321874201
arr the rounds played the same. If you played one round of walker assault you knew how the following rounds would be. There is not enough depth and gameplay choice to keep you interested. I wish they just cloned bf4 with a star wars skin.

Also: Power ups look fucking retarded and break the nice looks of this game.
>>
No Galactic Conquest, so it automatically gets a 0/10 from me.

Also, combat is stale and clunky, and you can not switch out of 1st person view.

Battle Front Rouge on the PSP is better than this garbage
>>
>>321874201
no thoughts on battlefront

because i literally had no thoughts until i read this thread

because i forgot how stale and boring it gets after 30 minutes
>>
File: starwarsbattlefront.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
starwarsbattlefront.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
It's ok.
>>
I enjoy it, I find it's fun
>>
File: TRAITOR.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>321874303
This.
>>
>>321874201

Shit once you get to lvl 50
Literally no point playing anymore cause you have unlocked everything.
>>
I got it for 20$
I'm not going to complain except for the fact that there's a severe lack of maps for he big game modes.
I just played the smaller game modes last night and found out they were actually different maps that aren't cut out from the big ones
Also there's way too little weapons and stormtrooper customization is atrocious.
It's like they didn't have the creativity or courage to make their own helmets and armor.
>>
>>321878651
Wanna know how I know you haven't played the game?
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>321876861
>>
I haven't played it yet, but I've got a free copy coming in the mail. Videos of it seem fun enough, but it's DLC setup is pure cancer that cannot be excused.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.