[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this game any good? The ability to fly interested me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sword-art-online-lost-song.jpg (317 KB, 1598x910) Image search: [Google]
sword-art-online-lost-song.jpg
317 KB, 1598x910
Was this game any good?

The ability to fly interested me
>>
It's shit. Big surprise.
If you want to fly play Ace Combat
>>
what about gameplay/mechanics? is it like a mmorpg (like .hack games) or just nothimg related to it?
>>
Flying is a little awkward at first but it's fun enough.
These games are just alright, but can be fun depending on what you're looking for of course.
>>
>>321865732
It plays totally differently than the previous games, I'm still not sure if that's a good thing but the dialogue is much better
>>
>>321866028
It's a hack and slash action RPG right?
>>
>>321866095
yes, but the previous games had MMO-like combat. The story also seems to flow from the light novel as opposed to the precious games, save for the DLC characters. That being said, I haven't played much into it because the starting combat was sort of boring.
>>
>>321866171
not dlc, Extra characters. not sure why I said that
>>
Play FlyFF if you want a good MMORPG with flying.
>>
>>321866095
Not him but yes. You can map 6 weapon skills (which is hilariously all most characters even get) and 6 spells and abilities to your button layout. Spells require your weapon to be put away which takes a bit of getting used to. Offensive magic isn't balanced terribly well, but all the highest tier spells are equally useful. If you're looking to make your own character don't bother, the animations and costumes and even weapon layouts are equal to or better on the default characters, and there's a large pool to pick from.

You have a weak attack combo and a strong attack combo, and the ability to charge the square button for a damaging attack that various weapon to weapon. Except with Bow. Now has a weak combo, the ability to spend fuck tons of stamina to rapid fire strong shots, and the ability to change ammo which is a waste of money. You can guard and evade also, or activate fight and fucking book it. You can't fly in dungeons.

Each character specializes in 3 weapons and a set of skills and magic determined by class (Undine, Spriggan, Salamander, Leprechaun, ect) and your skills and weapon mastery level up by using then over and over. Offensive Magic attacks become bigger and better with larger attack radius, more shots fired, more lock ons ect. Weapon skills just do bigger numbers, and abilities get extended time or better numbers.

Setting up a build through passive and active skills can be fun. I use a Silica that hides from enemy aggro and supports from range. Hiding also allows you to in most cases stealth revive a party member so long as your team doesn't walk right over to you while you're stuck in the animation. You could build a full offensive boss killer silica instead if you wanted. Each class has a few different ideas.
>>
>>321866095
>>321867690
The story is somewhat long, is just as uninteresting as SAO II's second half, and required to unlock more characters. Side quests grant additional costumes. Weapons you find in dungeons are way better than the trash you can buy, upgrading them is fairly easy. Bosses are fun the first time but then you see so many reskins that it becomes uninteresting and uninspired.

If they made an actual MMO on these systems with more customization, smoother animations for the characters, and more environments/enemies/bosses/difficulty and classes actually specializing in specific things it could be a good mmo, the .Hack everyone always wanted. As it stands, every class can heal, and use magic. Two or three classes out of I think 8 can resurrect allies with magic. Weapons all do roughly the same damage, skills are same-y, and ultimately the weapon choice doesn't matter; which is good, none are disadvantaged, but there's equally no reason to choose between them, nothing desirable about picking a specific one other than "I like swords."

The only exception might be dual swords, as they are literally two single handed swords, with all their power intact and no REAL downside. They deal untoppable damage and the shield loss isn't really a big hit to them, as spears, axes, and greatsword don't use then either.
>>
>>321867062
that shit is dead nowdays.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.