[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My favourite part of the early Assassin's Creed games (especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: ac2_sreenshot_002.jpg (620 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ac2_sreenshot_002.jpg
620 KB, 1280x720
My favourite part of the early Assassin's Creed games (especially 2) was all the wacky real-world conspiracy bullshit with the secret messages hidden in old photographs and stuff. What happened to all that?

This whole "you're playing as some guy playing games on his new console" thing sucked the first time and it seems like they're going to keep it up.
>>
Too many people got mad at the modern day and conspiracy stuff and just wanted to stab people, so they took it out.
>>
Yeah really. AC2 and Brotherhood are so good because of small things like that. The new games feel so soulless and painted by numbers in comparison. Everything post-Brotherhood apart from Black Flag, which shouldnt even be an AC game, is just awful.

Though to be fair, 3 was a good attempt, poorly executed. Too many glitches and the ending sucks. Homestead development was comfy as fuck
>>
>>321848120
the real life stuff was always trash in AC
the games are made to be historical setpiece games, and they're inaccurate half the time
they have no other redeeming qualities
>>
Unlocking and watching the complete truth video in AC2 was the best the series has ever been for me
>>
How does AC4 fare? Last game I played was Brotherhood.
>>
>>321850450
really good pirate game.
>>
Rogue has some shit "IRL" segments, but gameplay wise it's not too bad.
>>
>>321848120
Yeah I liked it too. I also like how they were building Desmond up.
>>
>>321850450
The only other decent AC game that you should bother to play
>>
>>321850450
It manages to be really fun on the back of its non-AC elements.
>>
File: 1450676547146.jpg (33 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
1450676547146.jpg
33 KB, 500x654
>>321848120
From what I heard they were removed because they were "Too hard".

Which is fucking frustrating since some were actually really damn fun puzzles.
I loved solving the last chess one in one of the games.
>>
All the real world conspiracy, secret message and hidden elements were the linchpin of the series. There was an actual goal it was all building to. The gameplay was good and the story was interesting. Every game left on a big cliffhanger and left you thinking.

I think the writer left or something, because this abstergo entertainment/initiate stuff is the fucking worst bullshit attempt at keeping a modern day story. It's sad that they had to dumb down such a unique well done series to, go here during this time and kill people because... well let's be honest most people don't fucking care. It's like after Desmond died they said "what do we do now?" "Doesn't fucking matter people will buy it regardless" it's an annualized cash cow and nothing more.
>>
>>321853268
>"Too hard"
Is that why the epitome of puzzle solving in AC3 is BioShock Infinite card-tier?
Feels like the average dudebro that multiplats are made for, the testers, or the executives are either genuinely braindead
>>
>>321854367
Pretty much, but of course what I heard is just hearsay.

Though it's pretty telling when the puzzles seemed to drop a few grade levels between games.
>>
File: sockcat.jpg (217 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
sockcat.jpg
217 KB, 717x960
>>321854367
>Feels like the average dudebro that multiplats are made for, the testers, or the executives are either genuinely braindead

The ironic thing is that the people actually making the game are probably incredibly smart. I imagine the average IQ of video game software developers to be several deviations above the average for the general populace.

So you basically have the smartest people selling shit to the stupidest. It's fucked up in ways that only capitalism can love.
>>
>>321848120
They annualized the series.
>>
File: 2015-03-31_00003.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-31_00003.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
>>321848120
>What happened to all that?
They started to hire some edgy 12 years old to write the story of the goddesses and they started using Desmond as plot device to make more Assassin's Creed games up to the point when they squeezed everything out of him and killed him
And then they just realized they didn't need Desmond to make stories about the Assassin's living in the various centuries and started using a random Abstergo employees to live through the memories of ancestors
It's clear after Ezio and Connor's story that they just stopped giving a shit about giving the player a good character to empathize with and decided to copy and paste their own games to squeeze enough money and renew system + graphics every 2 chapters so that people wouldn't flip out about playing the same game for years
(Black Flag and Rogue have basically the same system, animatons and gameplay and the same goes for Unity and Syndicate)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.