[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is 20 years old and new secrets are still being discovered.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 28
File: jolly.jpg (226 KB, 1747x770) Image search: [Google]
jolly.jpg
226 KB, 1747x770
This game is 20 years old and new secrets are still being discovered. Post other well hidden secrets/details
>>
>taking 20 years to notice a fog effect not returning
>>
but like how were you supposed to know to jump in the paintings back then?
>>
Probably just a bug anyway.
>>
>>321847637
In Whomp's Fortress, there is a breakable wall which holds a secret 1-Up on the back side of the tower (tower in Star 2 onward).
>>
>>321847637
I never knew you could grab the underwater koopa shells until a few years ago.

I still don't know the point.
>>
>>321848719
This
>>
>>321847637

i knew this like 5 years ago. this used to be posted in "mario has the deepest lore" threads quite a bit.
>>
>>321848825
>I still don't know the point.

They're faster and easier to control than swimming.
>>
In Grand Theft Auto III, the shops in the Red Light District actually shut down and open up depending on the ingame clock.

When it's late night, adult clubs and movie theaters have their shutters go up, and when morning arrives, the shutters go down in real time and the shutters of common places like shops go up.
>>
>>321850015
It lasts all of five seconds and it's not that much faster than swimming.
>>
In Final Fantasy VIII, Rinoa actually is Ultimecia
>>
I fucking noticed that.
>>
>>321850661
That's gay as fuck mate worst fan theory ever, fuck you
>>
Mega Man is actually a robot.
>>
You know on Zelda MM where you fight those aliens at the farm? The dog will always bark at the closest one for you, he isn't there just to be annoying.
>>
If you release all your Pokemon in Red or Blue you'll get a level 100 shiny Mewtwo
>>
The Ark from FF9 is actually based off the Ragnarok ship from FF8.
>>
>>321848717
There was a sign that told you to.
>>
In Paper Mario before the badge shop first opens you can run into it for a bit to knock the rolled up shop over.
>>
Having D.Dog with you after extracting Quiet will show him sitting on the other seat next to the pilot during the cutscene.
>>
the number of messengers around a lamp in Bloodborne corresponds to the number of actual players in that area.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUGellS55w

Took 14 years for the Serious Sam fanbase to learn that you could complete an entire level doing a bunch of odd sequences to avoid any enemies spawning.
>>
Well I just found out Arkham Knight has a checkered box and a neon D floating under the city when teh ground became intangable.
>>
There is a certain glitch in SMRPG where if you give Mallow 2 or maybe more Red Essences he'll strike an angry pose for the remaining effect. It's a rare glitch though, and won't show up a lot.
>>
There are hallways in Resident Evil 2 where you can aim up and put bullet holes in the screen
>>
>>321850478
You asked and I answered.
>>
>>321847637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuuzmOXL1bc
>>
>>321851365
>>321851534
>Fuck, our players keep clipping through the ground and falling forever.
>Might as well give them something to look at down there, then. That way it's an Easter Egg and not a crippling bug.
>>
The M on Mario's cap stands for Miyamoto
>>
>>321850958
On the first gen games you can move your moves around by pressing select during battle, it is basically the same way you move items in your inventory.

Also on the 1st gen games you can actually get free Pokeballs from Oak, it just the requirements aren't worth it. You must beat the optional rival battle with only one Pokemon in your dex (meaning you can't even evolve your starter) without obtaining any other Pokeballs at that point. Needless to say because maybe the exception of Yellow you would just be better off buying your own Pokeballs as the time it will take isn't worth the money you would save.

Also the only way to make money on the first gen games without beating the elite four is by using Payday with Meowth or his evolve form. On Yellow Meowth isn't obtainable so if you spend all of your money then you are simply fucked until you complete the game.

Safari Zone can be enter for free assuming you have no money to keep the game from being unwinnable on that note.
>>
>>321851365
I know people are going to flame me for this, but you should post it at /r/batmanarkham. People there like that kind of stuff, and the community is nice.

Plus, they need something to speculate about.
>>
>>321851772
It stands for mustache you fucking idiot
That's why wario has an L for wustache
>>
>>321851365
>>321851534
This was also directly after seing Deacon Black about to kill Jack Ryder despite already being in GCPD. I tried going to GCPD and the second set of blast doors wouldn't open
>>321851862
Don't have a reddit account
>>
>>321852112
Well try making one, it doesn't ask for too much stuff. It's interesting stuff and you should share your discovery with more people!
>>
>>321852248
>>321852112
Dude please. Just stop.
>>
Conker's Bad Fur Day had about five minutes worth of idle unique animations for Conker. One of them included him chugging a soda then kicking it. The can would fully interact with all parts of the environment, including hitting the player's perspective camera and other characters.
>>
>>321851842
>On the first gen games you can move your moves around by pressing select during battle, it is basically the same way you move items in your inventory.

I didn't know that menu controls listed in the manual were secrets.
>>
That's a pretty fucking lame secret, OP.
That's not even worth noticing.
>>
>>321851117
How were you suppose to know to read the signs?

>>321852248
/v/ has made me so cynical towards everything that I automatically thought ths was bait

dont worry anon, /v/ discusses ecelebs, sjw's, letsplayers, "censoring" and shit load of not videogames bullshit, but you'll get shat on for those fighting words
>>
>>321852401
Most people sadly don't read.
>>
>>321851316
neat
>>
>>321851191
>Ever not having D-Dog
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
If you go on top of the grave house in the creepy crypt in Shrek Extra Large for GameCube, you'll be transported into the inside of a GameCube. No way to leave.

I think I might be the only person to know this.
>>
>>321848717
you just had to read the fucking manual
>>
File: 1227114949462.png (144 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1227114949462.png
144 KB, 480x640
If you play the Slingshot/Archery target minigame in Ocarina of Time but don't fire a single bullet/arrow, the shopkeeper will be mad at you, saying "you don't have to play if you don't want to", looking away from you and refusing to let you play another round unless you re-enter the shop.
>>
>>321852785
I got D-Dog incredibly late and he never fully grew before I finished the story.
>>
>>321851842
>Also the only way to make money on the first gen games without beating the elite four is by using Payday with Meowth or his evolve form

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here?
Can't you just go fight trainers and earn money that way?
>>
>>321851842
>On the first gen games you can move your moves around by pressing select during battle, it is basically the same way you move items in your inventory.

the funniest part is that in the japanese version you could swap a move with an item and completely fuck the game up
>>
>>321852521
>How were you suppose to know to read the signs?

You start in front of a sign and the game begins with a tutorial textbox that I'm 100% mentions that you can stand in front of signs and read them.
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (89 KB, 905x638) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
89 KB, 905x638
miyamoto smoked cigarettes
>>
File: mysteriesofvidya.jpg (828 KB, 3081x934) Image search: [Google]
mysteriesofvidya.jpg
828 KB, 3081x934
>>
If you beat Ornstein and Smough on your first try in NG+, naked, without a weapon or magic, and without summoning, you get the best weapon in the game.
>>
File: 1325295198002.png (113 KB, 1433x1437) Image search: [Google]
1325295198002.png
113 KB, 1433x1437
>>321847637
Not a secret but I just found out that in Ocarina of time when you cut a sign, if you play the Zelda lullaby it will repair itself.

Crazy.
>>
File: 1448302416943.png (119 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1448302416943.png
119 KB, 500x521
>>321851772
>>
In MGS4 during the European act, when Otacon said that they now have your face on record, he meant that literally. So when you change your face to someone different the guards will ignore you unless you have a weapon out or do something suspicious.
>>
File: Elsanna_kiss.gif (944 KB, 210x280) Image search: [Google]
Elsanna_kiss.gif
944 KB, 210x280
There are 4 letters in the first 4 letters of McDonalds
>>
>>321853037
of course you can silly but you cant re-fight them, thats the point
>>
>>321847637
The devs put way too much thought into these. Especially the Pyramid one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhOjFiIDCE
>>
>>321848794
i know this because i routed all 1ups for a speedrun
>>
These are all fucking lame
>>
>>321851316
>>321851536
This is some fucking elaborate shit.
>>
>>321853037
I think he means after all other trainers are defeated. That would make the e4 the only source of money since you can fight them any time.
>>
>>321851534
>>321851640
>skybox hidden outside level
so spoopy
>>
>>321853228
But you can just get the Balder Side Sword by killing Balder Knights. The drop rate isn't that bad.
>>
>>321853489
>>321853591
I'm dumb. I just never thought that that would be a problem since I literally never got even close to running out of money in any pokemon game, ever
>>
>>321853126
Every Japanese person over 40 smokes cigarettes
>>
If you go to a low level area in I believe any .hack game and throw an item into the Spring of Myst, Monsieur or Grandpa will tell you that they can't do anything with it and you should go to a higher level area before returning the item and giving you both a golden and silver axe as compensation.
>>
In Majora's Mask you could actually kill the bomb thief when he robs the old lady. I think you shoot him with an arrow to make him explode.

Also with the bomb mask you can use it without hurting yourself by putting your shield up and blowing your face off.

The lady at one of the minigame stores will give you a cheap price if you're a Zoron, but will charge you extra if you're a Goron.

EWearing the Stone Mask makes sneaking inside the Pirate Fortress easy, but it won't fool the boss.
>>
File: Sacred Icon1.jpg (24 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Sacred Icon1.jpg
24 KB, 512x384
>>321847637
in Halo 2, in one of the Arbiter missions, if you look back across the starting area you can see the area where the previous Chief missions took place, and vice versa
>>
>>321853525
>The devs put way too much thought into these
That's good, it's a sign they actually gave a shit.
>>
>>321853683
Yeah I understood, it took me a bit too for the same reason, because you'd have to try to use up all the money in pokemon.
>>
>>321853284
Try playing different songs near a gossip stone. Or bombing one.
>>
>>321853546
well go and subscribe to didyouknowgaming and gtfo
>>
>>321853986
To be fair though, that comment came from the same guy who thought it might be worth it to have unlimited pokeballs for free
>>
File: il_fullxfull.172714498.jpg (130 KB, 1327x1500) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.172714498.jpg
130 KB, 1327x1500
did you know that there a big secret in san andreas that still hasnt been found
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nkn2VyWa30
>>
>>321854293
is it a picture of a developer off the map or something i heard like that?
>>
>>321850661
That's bullshit and you know it. The truth is in Final Fantasy VIII, Rinoa actually is a cunt
>>
If you try turning a ps4 off
You have to turn it back on if you wanna use it
>>
>>321855296
Holy shit thanks, anon. I was wondering what was wrong with my console.
>>
>>321853525
he forgot the fish
>>
>>321854293
Dude we found Bigfoot years ago. It's all about finding the Jetpack in V now.
>>
There's a hidden alternate route in Sonic 2's Chemical Plant that allows you to completely avoid the rising water and underwater segments of the stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsBy3w05VdE
>>
>>321855190
>Rinoa actually is a cunt
So is Ultimecia
Confirmed
>>
File: 1450238979446.png (69 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1450238979446.png
69 KB, 496x818
>>321855296

>If you accidently press the 'eject' button rather then the power or a controller button when waking the console it'll fuck up the consoles ability to read any discs or turn off again until you unplug the power cord to the console

Thanks Sony!
>>
>>321856082
You spend your whole life being hated for something you haven't done yet, and knowing that one day some soldiers from the past will show up and kill you and it'd make you a bit of a cunt too.
>>
>>321852785

>ever using retarded "let me walk in and out of doors while your shooting" and "let me lay in front of you trying to snipe" dog

Sorry you have to play on "let me mark everything for you" psychic dog easymodo
>>
Final Fantasy III is the same world as Final Fantasy VIII

http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/2005/q2/050205gm.html
>>
>>321851842
>On the first gen games you can move your moves around by pressing select during battle, it is basically the same way you move items in your inventory
You could do that in gen 2 and 3 too... seriously, this was supposed to be a secret?
>>
>>321856272
I believe that the world of Final Fantasy VIII is the world of Final Fantasy III after several hundred years have passed.

The reasons for this are as follows:

1) First, there are some startling similarities in the geography of the two worlds:
Final Fantasy III World Map.
Final Fantasy VIII World Map.

2) Referring back to the previous point, the northernmost continent of Final Fantasy VIII being hit by a Lunar Cry at one point (note the large crater on its landscape), the southernmost continent (the Centra continent) also being pulverized by one that wiped out its civilization, and the natural process of continental shift can possibly account for all the changes in the geography.

Further still, the Crystal Pillar fell from the Moon onto the Centra Continent. If the Lunar Cry that wiped out its civilzation had not been enough to break that southernomst continent up into the chunks we see on Final Fantasy VIII's World Map, the massive structure that is the Crystal Pillar (the Lunatic Pandora was a large enclosure developed by Esthar to hold the Crystal Pillar) was. We can even see the Crystal Pillar within the Lunatic Pandora when it pulls Adel's Tomb out of the Lunar Cry. While it's reasonable to assume, based on this picture, that the Lunatic Pandora is taller and wider than the Crystal Pillar. We can safely believe, when taking into account that Lunatic Pandora is three miles tall and a mile and a half across, that the Crystal Pillar is--for lack of a better term--fucking huge. Its falling could have certainly contributed to the massive continental crust damage.

When considering the damage rendered to the landscape of the northernmost and southernmost continents by Lunar Cries and the natural process of continental shift over several hundred years, the World Map of Final Fantasy VIII isn't too far a cry from what we see with Final Fantasy III's World Map.
>>
>>321856423
There's even a continent between the two western and eastern continents of Final Fantasy III's World Map that could have become Final Fantasy VIII's Balamb Continent, and on the western continent, southeast of it, we have the Water Temple, Water Cave, and a large lake. The Water Crystal had been in the Water Cave. To the southeast of Balamb on Final Fantasy VIII's World Map, we have the Great Salt Lake, dried up due to experiments conducted there by Esthar. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that Esthar may have excavated the area due to residual energy from the Water Crystal still being detected in the area.

(Note: I realize that there are some noticeable differences in the geography beyond just their locations, but considering the differences in the graphics of the two games, these may not be as significant as they appear.)

3) There's a Floating Continent in Final Fantasy III. It's location on the Final Fantasy III World Map matches the location of the Deep Sea Research Center of Final Fantasy VIII exactly (refer to the lower left hand corner of both World Maps). In Final Fantasy III, this Floating Continent nearly fell into the sea at one point, and only one person knew how to prevent it. If, in time, this person should die and no else knew how to keep the continent floating, there would be nothing to prevent its collapse into the sea.

The Deep Sea Research Center was most certainly built over something that had sunk into the sea. We see marvelous architecture in the Deep Sea Deposit area. That this lost land may have been the Floating Continent once upon a time seems very possible to me.

4) Referring back to the previous point, Bahamut lived on the Floating Continent of Final Fantasy III. Bahamut was discovered in the Deep Sea Deposit of Final Fantasy VIII.
>>
>>321856530
5) In Final Fantasy III, the Sorcerer Hyne took over the Floating Continent and its kingdom of Argass, and was later defeated by the Light Warriors, who happened to be children. When he was defeated, his head disappeared first.

In Final Fantasy VIII, we're told that a being named Hyne was the originator of the Sorceress Power. The people regarded Hyne through legend as having been a god, and, indeed, the creator of Homo Sapiens. In The Legend of Vascaroon (told to some children by a lady named Lina on the White SeeD Ship) we're told that the being Hyne ruled the world (Hyne of Final Fantasy III ruled his world, the Floating Continent). He created Homo Sapiens and then went to sleep. When he awoke, he found that they had multiplied by a vast margin, and he began trying to remove the children (possibly a reference to the fact that children are those who defeated Hyne in Final Fantasy III).

Hyne is said to have lost the war with the Homo Sapiens, who rebelled against him, and offered up half of his body to them along with his powers as a peace offering. However, he had tricked them and offered up a powerless skin of himself, taking his power with him in his escape (again, when Hyne is defeated in III, his head vanishes before the rest of him).

In the case of the Great Hyne in The Legend of Vascaroon, we're not told when he gave up his powers to some Homo Sapien females, but the Tutorial states that the Sorceress Power originated when Hyne did just that.

Sorceress: The legend goes that the Great Hyne created people. The sorceresses were given a fragment of Hyne's own power. It's hard to determine how many sorceresses exist today, for many keep their powers concealed. However, it is believed that they avoid spreading their power too thin."
>>
>>321856391
Millennials don't/can't read. They need hour long tutorials to spell it out for them.
>>
>>321850478

>It lasts all of 5 seconds

what? Koopa shells are infinite as long as you don't hit a wall like a retard
>>
>>321856614
Further, it's said that to call a Sorceress "Hyne's Descendant" shows great respect. When Rinoa and Squall return from space, the Esthari representatives who take Rinoa into custody address her as "Sorceress Rinoa" and then "Hyne's Descendant." Though it's not explained when it occurred or why, Hyne most certainly was the progenitor of the Sorceress Power.

It may very well be that Hyne escaped death at the hands of the Light Warriors and eventually gave up his powers unto some Homo Sapien females. I concede that I might be reading too far into things, but after many centuries, it's possible for the facts surrounding what happened in regard to Hyne to have become obscured and for what broken information remains to become the stuff of legend. While Hyne is regarded as the creator of Homo Sapiens, the legend still retains information suggestive of him having been an asshole and that people rose up against him. Were he omnipotent, it's hard to believe that he could have been overthrown or would have had cause to fear humanity to begin with.

6) This isn't really a large point, and might be altogether unrelated to the matter at hand, but on Ultimecia's large clock tower, the hands point to "III" and "VIII": Linkage.

Without the other bits of information, I would regard this as irrelevant, but with them present, I think it's possible this could be a reference to the two worlds being the same, the world of III having become the world we see in VIII with the passage of time (represented by the large clock).
>>
>>321848717
The commercials, the box art, the Got Milk ad, the advertising, everything outside the game told you about it and it was no secret.
>>
>>321856614
I concede that there may be holes in the theory, such as the whereabouts of the Elemental Crystals in Final Fantasy VIII. Personally, I believe that the Crystals could have removed themselves from the surface world so as to never allow anyone to tamper with them again, as their power was not something that should be tampered with in the first place. If they removed themselves to within the Planet, this might even explain why magic seeps up out of the Planet to its surface at Draw Points.

The concept of Draw Points is very similar to Final Fantasy VII's concept of Mako Fountains, and due to the tendencies of other games to suggest that all the worlds (or at least those of Final Fantasy VII, IX, X/X-2, and The Spirits Within) have a Lifestream, it may well be that these Crystals are just the same thing by a different name, and in a different form. The fact that the world was held together by these Elemental Crystals in the same way that life of the world of Final Fantasy VII or IX is maintained by the Lifestream would suggest this to be the case. Once having moved to reside within the Planet, the Crystals may have even dropped their crystalline forms and become a swell of Spirit Energy as we see in Final Fantasy VII or The Spirits Within. Perhaps even the Lifestreams at their centers bear crystals. Further, the sentience of the Crystals is somewhat reminiscent of the sentient nature of the Planet in Final Fantasy VII.

In any event, while the suggestions toward this possibility are only subtle and may not be at all intended to indicate that the worlds are the same, I nonetheless feel that the possibility is very powerful.

Acknowledgement: I would like to acknowledge a fellow by the name of Desh for having been the first to have ever posed the possibility, putting me on the road to examine the matter in greater detail. Though I never met you, Desh, if you should ever read this, you have my thanks.
>>
>>321856021
I remember that. Actually funny how the devs put it in there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (382 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
382 KB, 1600x1200
Rocksteady's two first Batman games: secret wall at Asylum, the boat with the roaches and the secret Calendar Man speech at City.
>>
File: FinalFantasyIIIWorldMap.gif (67 KB, 1191x1023) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasyIIIWorldMap.gif
67 KB, 1191x1023
>>321856423
>Final Fantasy III World Map.
>>
File: 1445999821450.jpg (65 KB, 757x568) Image search: [Google]
1445999821450.jpg
65 KB, 757x568
The idea of things that have yet to be discovered in old vidya is so intriguing and interesting. And kinda spooky.
>>
>>321856874
isn't there a part where you fly off to other floating continents?
>>
File: FinalFantasyVIIIWorldMap.jpg (58 KB, 709x465) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasyVIIIWorldMap.jpg
58 KB, 709x465
>>321856874
>>321856423
>Final Fantasy VIII World Map.
>>
>>321853118
How was I supposed to know to read?
>>
>>321856021

well....shit
>>
>>321853228
nice try faggot
>>
>>321856934
>isn't there a part where you fly off to other floating continents?
I think so
>>
>>321847637
There were aliens in the fourth fallout 3 dlc
>>
>>321856423
>1) First, there are some startling similarities in the geography of the two worlds:
>Final Fantasy III World Map.
>Final Fantasy VIII World Map.
You lost me
>>
File: PBw7AYV[1].jpg (15 KB, 303x210) Image search: [Google]
PBw7AYV[1].jpg
15 KB, 303x210
>>
>>321853525

Oh fuck me I didn't know he started coughing like that in Hazy Maze Cave.
>>
>>321857138
>Oak predicts the plot of Pokemon Coliseum
>>
>>321847637
Romancing SaGa for the PS2:

The sword Gekkabijin wasn't confirmed to be in the english version game until 1~2 years ago
A bug was recently found where you can trick the game into thinking you have certain quest items by having 4 or fewer party members and using certain attacks in a specific order
>>
>>321857135
I copied this from the page I linked, there the OP posted two links and that's what he wrote as the name of the link, here are the two maps. you can see some similarities
>>321856874
>>321856936
>>
>>321857138
That bastard does nothing but lie to you with every single tip.
>>
>>321857213

Speaking of which

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGn2cgQYszY
>>
>>321857138
I don't remember this shit. Oak you lying prick.
>>
>>321857379
>you can see some similarities
No, not really
>>
>>321856251
This would only apply if Ultimecia became public knowledge, which i doubt would happen, but that's for another thread.
>>
>>321857379
they look nothing alike
>>
>>321857468

Of course you don't, it's a SECRET!!!
>>
>>321851018
It would have to be very very very very very loosely based on it, since they don't look similar in anyway
>>
>>321851316
>that music and atmosphere
>>
>>321857490
then you are blind
>>321857620
>they look nothing alike
read these posts
>>321856423
>>321856530
>>
>>321857492
The people who know about Ultimecia are the ones who need to know. SeeD. Plus the whole time loop thing.
>past/present seed soldiers are trained to fight sorcerers now and into the future
>sorcerers know of this information and remain their best to stay hidden
>ultimecia gains this knowledge in the future and wipes out all seed in her timeline but also knows that she is destined to fall at the hand of a seed
>begins time compression to rule over all time and prevent her death
>accidently causes the event which kills her
>time loop now closed
>>
>>321852894
>I think I might be the only person to know this.
You're probably the only person to play the game
>>
File: 1436525504842.gif (82 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436525504842.gif
82 KB, 700x1200
>>321856614
Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>321857795
I don't care about those posts. You said there were similarities, there aren't.

FF3's map looks more like a flooded azeroth than like FF8's
>>
>>321857464
>Link has a unique at ease animation when he's in a safe area

That is really cool pointless detail
>>
>>321851862
Kill yourself
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 219x230
>>321853152
>Could Mozart still be alive?
>>
>>321856148
holly shit, really?
>>
>>321853525

It's fucking sad when someone thinks someone putting effort into death animations under different circumstances garners a statement such as, "the devs put way too much thought into these"

The industry is so used to devs half assing things that they are shocked when something has the smallest amount of attention to detail in it.
>>
>>321856947
You don't, I guess you'll have to return the game. Don't worry, Gamestop will give you $20 in-store credit for your $60 purchase.
>>
File: okayIseeit.png (1 MB, 3200x892) Image search: [Google]
okayIseeit.png
1 MB, 3200x892
>>321857795
>then you are blind
Made things a bit clearer when I cut seperated the continents.
Forgive me anon.
These there obviously look the same.
>>
>>321858054
retard read the posts
the similarities are explained there
>>
File: romantic_dreams.gif (491 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
romantic_dreams.gif
491 KB, 500x262
>>321856874
>>321856936
I never noticed how similar they are.
>>
>>321856021
Well, shit. I've played that game to death and expected to have gone this way, but this is new to me.
>>
>>321851018
No. If something, it's based on Eden from VIII. Not on the Estherian space ship.
>>
>>321853337
>thank you
I don't know why that made me laugh so hard
>>
>>321847637

Is there an actual consistent way to lure that fucking eel out? After 20 years I still just kind of take damage and hope he has mercy
>>
In Sonic the Hedgehog 3, when fighting a boss in the Hydrocity Zone level, you can change the boss fight music to the Sonic 3 and Knuckles boss fight music by drowning yourself until the music changes to the emergency one and then jumping out for air, which will change it for the remainder of the fight.
>>
>>321857935
That's my point though. When she's growing up, how would she know she is going to be hunted down if the knowledge of her isn't released. People would use this as a basis for Rinoa being Ultimecia, but for me, it's a sorceress who hot drunk with power
>>
>>321851842
>Also the only way to make money on the first gen games without beating the elite four is by using Payday with Meowth or his evolve form. On Yellow Meowth isn't obtainable so if you spend all of your money then you are simply fucked until you complete the game.

>Implying Pay Day isn't a TM back then
You get it on the silence brigde IIRC
>>
Throwing a lloyds talisman at a mimic chest pacifies the mimic and allows you to loot it harm free
>>
>>321853942
Oh hey that's pretty cool.
>>
>>321859139
Fuck yes now I have a use for all those Lloyd's talismans I never use
>>
>>321859068
When the sorcerers before her passed on her magic and knowledge.
>>
>>321853126
Did Miyamoto look creepier in his youth or now?
>>
Is the naval pirhana quick kill too mainstream info now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdURDeKS5XQ
>>
>>321853525
Holy fuck, Hazy Maze death is brutal.
>>
shooting pendleton with a silenced weapon at the same time martin shoots him will make martin believe he killed him. his guys will even congratulate him on the shot.

dishonored was full of small things like that. loved the game
>>
>>321858447
Not him but those hardly look similar at all. This is just as bullshit as the Squall is dead and Rinoa is Ultimecia theories.
>>
You can sequence break from the Ghomma fight to the Ganon fight
It's possibly the best speedrun sequence break ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6pGJbd6Iw
>>
>>321852521
>>321856947
By not being American.
>>
>>321860023
>Rinoa is Ultimecia theories.
I'd say that's more solid desu.
>>
dittos are failed mew clones
>>
>>321852894
this is the shrek game where you light your farts on fire right?
>>
>>321860034
>cosmo
>>
>>321856687
that's not true.
>>
>>321853454
Is there more to this gif
>>
>>321857338
Anymore?
>>
>>321860609
Seconded.
>>
>>321860351
It's Narcissa.
>>
>play it on emulator
>have a random graphics glith
>LOL LOOK AT THIS SEKRIT I FOUND XD
>>
>>321850958
>There are shinys in gen 1

Underage leave.
>>
>>321851862
Fag
>>
File: Heavy_Metal_FAKK_2_-_010.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_Metal_FAKK_2_-_010.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
You can get some secret developer credits in Heavy Metal FAKK 2 if you manage to stand on top of the boobs of the statue in the Sanctuary of Blood.
>>
Pikmin 2's maps are built on top of the first's, heavily edited and expanded on to show that you've landed in the same areas as the first time you were there and the land has developed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTlTRNDLPBQ
>>
>>321860990
I love that shit. Is it the same thing in Pikmin 3?
>>
File: Dukewozma.png (248 KB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
Dukewozma.png
248 KB, 640x476
In Duke Nukem Manhattan Project there's an extremely well hidden boss fight against a parody of Final Fantasy IX's Ozma which wasn't found until six years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pOxRnWPhSY
>>
There's a hidden castle in the sky in MDK 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNGufjmCq8
>>
File: 1271223716077.jpg (21 KB, 252x250) Image search: [Google]
1271223716077.jpg
21 KB, 252x250
>>321848794
>posting secrets that were in the player's guide in a thread about long-undiscovered secrets
>>
>>321853454
I don't know, but I just thought seeing that your post got mentioned would make you happy for a couple seconds until you realized that I don't have the source.
>>
>>321860034
>Kucko
>>
>>321856947
How did you know to turn on the TV?
How did you know to buy the game?
How did you know to know to buyt he console?
How did you know to plug the console intot he TV?
How did you know to plug?
>>
>>321856614
>When he was defeated, his head disappeared first.

What does this mean? The boss sprite just fades away like normal.
>>
>>321861809
lol I have no idea desu senpai
>>
>>321853454
>>321860609
>>321860704
>>321861610
http://rocket2saturn.tumblr.com/post/114382902469/so-me-and-my-girlfriend-kwermafox-dressed-up-as
>>
>>321860828

There are shinys from gen 1.
>>
File: DHD smash attack.png (166 KB, 430x242) Image search: [Google]
DHD smash attack.png
166 KB, 430x242
Not really a big secret, but Duck Hunt Dogs smash attacks are actually the player trying to shoot the dog like how some people would do in the original game
>>
File: Dunban.png (178 KB, 358x445) Image search: [Google]
Dunban.png
178 KB, 358x445
>>321862512
C'mon now, anon.
That was literally how he was revealed and how he had his moveset shown off
>>
>>321853525
Super Mario Galaxy death by electricity is worse than any of those.
>>
>>321858447
This actually makes them look less similar. The similarities is in where the continents are located relative to each other.

But people are gonna believe what they want to believe either way, so don't worry if some people are just blind.
>>
File: Smiling Old Woman.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Old Woman.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>321859924
>OH MY
>>
>>321847637
>and new secrets are still being discovered
But the one you posted is old as fuck.
>>
>>321852993
Wow. I've been playing Ocarina of Time 17 years and did not know this.

One for you related to your pic.
In Ocarina of Time, the Lens of Truth was originally known as the eyeglasses of truth. This is why the Gossip Stone for Treasure Chest Shop says that no glasses are allowed. They eventually did make their return in the form of the Hero's Charm in TWW.
>>
>>321859924
They referenced it Wooly World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHDxo07Almk
>>
>>321864890
>Doesn't skip the boss

Fuck you Kamek you sore loser
>>
>>321853667
>what is literally every skybox
>>
Go to the map underpass in mw2 and over the bridge you'll see a small shanty house with a green door.
Put 1 bullet in the top left corner
1 in the top right
1 in the bottom left
and 1 in the bottom right.
Then you'll want to throw a flash grenade
An old lady comes out and kills you CHECK IT OUT
>>
File: 1451290355559.jpg (8 KB, 262x312) Image search: [Google]
1451290355559.jpg
8 KB, 262x312
>>321864890

>that music that sounds like it was made on an ibm in 1993

oh i am laffin

what the fuck has happened to the music in nintendo games anyway?
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.