[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not even 1 hour in >OMG MARIO MAKER IS THE EBST GAME EVER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: 2761597-giant+bombcast.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
2761597-giant+bombcast.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
>Not even 1 hour in
>OMG MARIO MAKER IS THE EBST GAME EVER FUCK THE REST MARIO MAKER LETS TALK MORE ABOUT IT!!!
>>
>>321832892
I'm just glad they shit all over God of War and The Order 1886.
>>
>>321832892
well, it's true
>>
>>321832892
Jeff has always kind of been a Nintendrone, it isn't terribly shocking he'd think a badly put together build your own game game with limited options and poor online support was the GOTY as long as Nintendo shat it out. I mean, Nintendo put the game out solely because they didn't want to be caught without anything for the WiiU this winter, knowing full well Zelda and most likely weren't coming out.
>>
Man, I can't believe GiantBomb actually aren't cinematic whores. I guess I should find out what these nigs are all about.
>>
>>321834407
They're old school gamers. It's the new class of game reviewers that dig that cinematic shit. We're talking about people that were teens or started out in 2004 in the industry.
>>
>>321834564
Cool, didn't realize they were older.
>>
>>321834598
I think Austin is the youngest and he's pretty open minded. He's not really into cinematic crap though. He's more of a weeb unless your game is "problematic". Dude likes gundam so he's okay with me.
>>
File: 1442867641675.png (316 KB, 721x777) Image search: [Google]
1442867641675.png
316 KB, 721x777
>>321834984
>unless your game is "problematic"
>>
I'm not even mad that they put Destiny in cause it was clear that was the game most of em were playing so I understand from that perspective but holy fucking shit, worst remake was not deadpool no one gives a fuck if deadpool wins that award. If they had said something like Uncharted collection or any of the actual big name re releases but no we deadpool whoopity fucking doo.
>>
>>321835145
I agree with him from time to time. Kojima is a fucking pussy when it came to quiet and she was embarrassing because he was treating the character seriously lol.
>>
Who?
>>
File: 1443392115769.png (96 KB, 352x431) Image search: [Google]
1443392115769.png
96 KB, 352x431
>>321835471
Eh, any argument that starts by making people try to feel ashamed of sexualizing fictional characters isn't one I wouldn't laugh at.
>>
>The movie Minions made Will Smith's Top 10
>>
>>321834598
Jeff is 39. Brad is about 32. Vinny is in that 32-35 bracket. Ryan was 34 when he passed away.

It's a lot of old people that can remember when polygons were a gimmick, narrative was unnecessary, and cinematic setpiece bullshit wasn't common.
>>
Does anyone else get sick of Jeff's bullying?

He straight up calls Dan a bad person for liking a game he doesn't like. He does it "jokingly" but it gets pretty fuckin' tiring.
>>
>>321834564

That comparison video of GB's reaction to the FF7 remake vs that of IGN's (or whoever it was) is pretty telling about the sort of people GB are.

In any case, we all know that Mario Maker will get #1 hands-down. I just hope that someone (probably Jeff, if anyone) will make a solid argument against MGSV for one of the top spots because it doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>321836735
Dan has an entire gimmick of being a supervillain. He wanted people to boo him at the Mario Party (the crew having to play Mario Party was his idea of inflicting suffering on the rest of them).

If Jeff REALLY wanted to shit on Dan, he'd go way more personal than "you have shit taste in video games and fast food."
>>
>>321835436
It wasn't worst rerelease, it was most unnecessary.
Deadpool was a shitty game when it first came out, there was literally no point for them to rerelease the game.
>>
>>321835471
He's just a fatter, blacker and smarter clone of Patrick.
Fatrick
>>
>>321833890
Jeff hates games that challenge him in any meaningful way and hates the unfamiliar. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>321834407
They tend to be the older type gamers who focus a lot more on gameplay than story or the artistic merits of video games. Judging from how they weren't fans of TW3 and barely any of them are giving it serious praise compared to every other group out there you can see their priorities when ranking top 10.
>>
>>321835436
The Uncharted collection is actually well done. It's not just a uprez.
They went back and redid tons of texturework, particle effects and fixed animations.
>>
Austin kind of replaced Dave with the /tg/ knowledge, I can't hate him.
>>
>>321836002
>30
>Old
What is this shit? We're not living in Japan.
>>
>>321838246
That's pretty cool.
>>
>>321838246
They're still also the kind of gamers that goes 'Icky poo anime shit' at anything remotely Japanese.
I'm saddened by the fact that Austin isn't giving the Yakuza series a chance based solely on the fact that the games are mainly on last gen hardware.
It would make for a pretty good endurance run with Vinny on the side-lines.
Bonus mode: They have to court every single hostess
>>
>>321838515
I mean compared to Twitch-trash streaming from their mother's basement.
>>
>>321838914
Yakuza 0. Austin will wisen up when Vindog pressures him into it. Sadly Alex will tag along.
>>
>>321838914
eh, I understand where he's coming from, it would have to be a really fucking awesome game for me to dig my 360 out of my closet and hook it back up
>>
>>321836735
No, you're the only one. When Jeff says and does things like that it's very clear that he IS joking, and it's an element of his personality that makes him really entertaining to listen to.
>>
>>321840039
It's on PS3, where there's still games coming out.
>>
You guys can take this "discussion" on over to neogaf,reddit, or gamefaqs. This is a video game board meant for people 18+
>>
>>321838212
I'll give it to you that Jeff doesn't have much of an open mind with games, but he definitely likes challenging games. He's pretty fucking good at the kinds of games he plays.
>>
>>321840567
Niggah, we've had GB threads since 2008.
This is video game related since we're talking about GOTY deliberations.
>>
>>321840567
WTF? Do you actually not know what Giant Bomb is? Well, it is Christmas vacation after all, almost like summer in here. Giant Bomb is a video game website, youngster, and the discussion is about their game of the year podcasts. you should really check them out if your mommy will let you
>>
>>321840947
Sorry I'm not into terrible "news" outlets with unlikeable members.
>>
>>321835471
>she was embarrassing
It's a video game
>>
>>321841193
I'm pretty into the fact that you're just hanging out in this thread rather than hiding it and moving on with your life.
>>
>giantbomb
>anyone stating an opinion that even remotely criticizes their logic is banned from their site
nah
>>
>>321841298
Just doing all I can do to try and make this board better. They have God awful opinions and because people here go on their and parrot their shit opinions the quality of this board is decreased dramatically.
>>
Just finished the podcast, felt like the Jeff, Austin and Alex show. I think Vinny and Dan might've gotten a few sentences in here and there.
>>
>>321841628

>They have God awful opinions

I don't follow GB but judging from their GOTY lists they seem to follow what /v/ thinks about good video games. They emphasize how gameplay plays into their rankings just like how /v/ loves to and ignoring games with supposedly shit gameplay and boring stories like TW3.
>>
>>321841421

The site community is pretty much separate from the actual personalities, since all of them hate the Internet, besides Matthew Rorie who is an utter autist.
>>
>paying to hear fat people talk about video games
why would anyone do this
>>
>>321842316
because the cost might as well be nothing to me and I enjoy their content.
>>
>>321842520
You need to be over 18 to post here little goy
>>
>>321842316
Fat people communicate on a lower frequency than other people and actually get the true message of what they're saying.
>>
The GOTY videos this year are going to be the worst ever, shit sucks

>>321833890
>Jeff has always kind of been a Nintendrone
What

Until Mario Maker came along he didn't seem to give a shit about Nintendo. He talked about how he used to love them but they hadn't been making stuff that he liked for ages. He liked Wario Ware and Animal Crossing but that's about it.
>>
When's Mario Party Party 6?
>>
>>321837061
>he'd go way more personal than "you have shit taste in video games and fast food."

To which I hope he would respond with "Well you're incredibly fat even after watching your friend die from being incredibly fat."

Watching Jeff and Ryan sitting down in any sort of video was a fucking hilarious trainwreck
>>
>No half hour of them playing a game each day this year
Shame. I guess it couldn't be helped though with them not having a studio the week the GBeast guys came.
>>
>>321843536
They should have done this every fucking week.
Take the games they're interested in that came out that week and stream for two hours of them playing it.
At least they don't have to marathon everything and dropping major and important releases like they always do.
Why the fuck are they so lazy. I could think of ten shows they could do per week.
If we had a live camera going, you'd see that they sit on their desks doing jack shit for half the day, playing vidya for 1/4th and the other fourth recording a QL.
They're the most inefficient fucks on the damn net.
>>
Papa Vinny is all that matters and few barely a gamer these days.
>>
>>321841932
>I know exactly what people on /v/ think and it lines up exactly with my opinions.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.