[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game do you wish was had better visuals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1451353284828.jpg (15 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1451353284828.jpg
15 KB, 600x338
What game do you wish was had better visuals?
>>
All of them.
>>
>>321826387
Borderlands
>>
Final Fantasy 9. It got totally butchered by the PS1 graphics
>>
Are there any games you wished didn't have better visuals?
>>
>>321826552
This, graphics haven't improved since 2007 thanks to consoles
>>
>>321826387
Wew, a NOT SO STEALTH anime thread
>>
>>321826387
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Its the only thing that pushes it from almost good tolerable to nearly unplayable.
>>
>>321826659
Coming from the early access indieshit platform, that's hilarious. Graphics "haven't improved" since 2007 because it's not cost effective to make games exponentially more and more expensive to create as the technology jumps forward.

Graphics technology is improving as fast as the developer's wallet allows. Nobody can afford to have their game be a beautifully polished turd like The Order. Everyone who honestly believes that "MUH PC GAMURS ARE BEING HELD BACK BY THUM THAR CONSOLES" should kill themselves and rid the world of their flagrant retardation.
>>
>>321826659
Then why haven't PC exclusives had better graphics to dominate the playing field?

You're argument is stale my friend.
>>
>>321827674
Because publishers almost always demand their devs make PC games with (at the very least) the hope to later port to consoles where the subhumans don't understand simple concepts like "quality" and will buy anything, thereby neutering the game before it could reach full potential. Or the devs just do it to themselves once they get a taste of cash.

Otherwise PC focused games have graphics that consoles can't even dream of. See Crysis 1 and 3 (don't insult me with your hilarious console versions), STALKER, Metro, Star Citizen, The Witcher series, any game that supports mods and all multiplatform titles. 1440p at 120 fps, or 900p/30? Your choice.
>>
>>321826387
Dark Souls and every single old gem out there
I mean, I know that its a great game but I can't bring myself to play Kotor
>>
>>321829130
Still doesn't answer the question why we don't and have not seen one PC exclusive or many with graphics we haven't seen before, only marginally better.

Hardmode: No mention of modders because a dev shouldn't have to rely on them to finish a job they themselves started.
>>
>>321826387
I've been playing Xenoblade the last few days and jesus fuck doesn't the Wii hold that game back.
>>
>>321829130

I don't know if it's just me, but something in the way you've worded this frankly pathetic attempt to spur on a pointless console war makes me think you don't even own a high-end gaming PC.

You seem to lack a basic understanding of what you're even arguing, and the only games you list as examples are run-of-the-mill shit like The Witcher with nothing technologically astounding about them, and garden variety meme games.

...Do you even own a gaming PC? Do you even play video games? If so, I recommend you spend more time doing that, and less time pretending to know what you're talking about on the internet.

You don't even need to reply to this, I really don't want to read another post written by you.
>>
>>321829130
>People actually believes this

If publishing on PC were more rentable devs would develop more PC only exclusives fucking off consoles, but since mustards are literally like women who only buys shit when they are on sale they are a vocal minority a very annoying one but still a minority.
>>
>>321827674
Because devs know no one will be able to run the game.
What's the point of making the game really pretty when the average moron will say the game is bad and unplayable because they can't run it on Ultra?
This is the problem with gaming in general. These idiots don't understand that grafics settings are there just so you could lower them and get to play the game at decent fps. Instead of just lowering the settings and playing on High they will go ''fuck this shit, why can't I max the settings? PC sucks, I'll just stick to consoles'' and then they play 720p games with 30fps on consoles because then they don't have to worry about other people playing a better version of their game.
>>
>>321829658
You mean XC? Yeah it's a pity that it was such a massive idea that is held back by its hardware. That being said, it's still my favorite game that I've played this year.
>>
>>321829658
The game wouldn't exist if not for Nintendo.

For all that PCucks piss and moan about consoles holding back the industry, they themselves have utterly failed to support the industry themselves.

The reason PC doesn't get any support these days aside from early access indieshit and kikestarter is because PC gamers steal all their games, and the people who actually buy them aren't enough to fill that gap, especially for more graphically demanding games that require a more expensive machine.

The reason Consoles dominate the market isn't because of some console gamer conspiracy against your stupid ass, it's because it's no Game Developer can afford to cater solely to you.

As much as I'd like to, I can't even call PCucks "The cancer killing video games," because that attributes more relevance to you than you actually possess. You're literally not even important enough for the title. You're just an unpleasant blemish on the face of Video Games. Just like you're a blemish on this board.
>>
Bloodborne.
>>
>>321830613
here's your (you)
>>
File: FFVIAmano.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1404) Image search: [Google]
FFVIAmano.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1404
FFVI.

Look at this art. The game looks nothing like this. But imagine if it did. Crazy mystical cyberpunk Byzantine in full HD
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20150826181026.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20150826181026.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>321830894
Why? The game would definetly be better on PC and without all this garbage like chromatic aberration and motion blur. AA would also be fucking great.
>>
File: 1379303707705.jpg (28 KB, 467x413) Image search: [Google]
1379303707705.jpg
28 KB, 467x413
>>321830554
>As much as I'd like to, I can't even call PCucks "The cancer killing video games," because that attributes more relevance to you than you actually possess. You're literally not even important enough for the title. You're just an unpleasant blemish on the face of Video Games. Just like you're a blemish on this board.

Couldn't have say it better.
>>
>>321830613
Heres wishing Bloodborne gets the Dragons Dogma treatment but sooner
>>
>>321830178
Headshot
>>
>>321826826
What? Lords of Shadow looks great. And it's an ok game
>>
>>321829991
Wow, I can't believe you caught me. I've actually been running an experiment (for a thesis I'm writing) involving shitposting on imageboards about things I have no interest in. Have you always been this intuitive?

Don't worry though, I probably still know more than you. But no need to reply to this, as I really don't own a gaming PC
>>
>>321826387
undertale
>>
File: just give it up.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
just give it up.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
>>321831747
>>
>>321831896

>having a devastated buttocks

i won hah
>>
>>321826387
>better default visuals
Morrowind
>>
>>321831106
>take a screenshot while rotating the screen
>LOOK HOW BAD THIS STILL IMAGE LOOKS

I want this whole "CHROMATIC ABERRATION KILLED MY DAD AND FUCKED MY WIFE" meme to die already, preferably along with the faggots who propagate it.

And, as stated earlier in the thread, if it wasn't on PS4, it wouldn't exist at all. It's a real shame that every PC-exclusive developer or publisher was either forced to cater to consoles or go out of business due to the fickle neglect of PC gamers, or you might have something worth playing this year that isn't a multiplat or early access indieshit.
>>
>>321833293
How does your whining bring anything of value to the table? Read the fucking OP. All I did was give my honest opinion and you suddenly started sperging out about some retarded bullshit. Yes, it's on PS4. Does that mean it absolutely has to use chromatic aberration and motion blurr? Fuck no. The reason I said it would be better on PC is because you can usually turn this shit off there, even if it's not in the options all it takes are usually some ini tweaks. You can't do that on console.
>>
File: Prototype.png (3 MB, 1440x1620) Image search: [Google]
Prototype.png
3 MB, 1440x1620
Prototype 1
>>
>>321833721
>Oops I accidentally pissed on New York
>>
>>321831201

Couldn't have said it better because you did same it, samefag
>>
>>321826387
Where is that pic from? Don't tell me it's from the teased new Berserk anime...
>>
>>321826387
Deus Ex
>>
monster cunter
>>
>>321834248
No he didn't.
>>
File: 14513549676121.jpg (56 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
14513549676121.jpg
56 KB, 700x394
>>321826387
>>
>>321834464
https://www.dx-revision.com/
>>
>>321834541
>Berserk is edgy

Berserk is the original Edge, whippersnapper. He cut off his own arm while his girlfriend was getting raped before Shadow the Hedgehog was a spiky twinkle in Sega's eye.
>>
>>321834734
Violence Jack would probably be the original edge. Or Devilman. Both of which are MUCH older than Berserk. Though Violence Jack didn't get THAT nasty until it's Seinen run.

Berserk is great though.
>>
>>321834734
>he doesnt know
>>
>>321830554
>Just like you're a blemish on this board
Like 99% of the people on this board either only have a PC or have a PC+consoles. Very few people only own a console, or they just aren't admitting it.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.