[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haytham Kenway's section in AC3 was the most entertaining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: AC3_Haytham_Kenway_render.png (3 MB, 1260x2530) Image search: [Google]
AC3_Haytham_Kenway_render.png
3 MB, 1260x2530
Haytham Kenway's section in AC3 was the most entertaining part of all of AC. Last time I had so much fun was with Brotherhood's storyline missions.

The guy was witty and strong, he had a band of diverse, merry, and badass middleaged men accompanying him AND he got to bang some native American pussy. Why couldn't the rest of the games be the same?
>>
>>321810827
You played Unity? I bought it and rogue over the sale. The multiplayer in unity is the best thing Ive ever played in an AC game and you get to change all your equipment to the braces. You even get to equip Halberds and Zweihanders which Ive wanted since brotherhood. Main story is pretty shit though,the chick you bang is pretty hot though
>>
>>321811195
I haven't. But I was referring more to the way the plot was laid out, how the characters acted and how good their VAs were. I think they nailed every part of it.
>>
>>321811540
I agree, characters arent so good in Rogue but the motivations of the protag are regrettable and hes very likable if you can get past the terrible fake accent
>>
>>321810827
ACIII is by far the most boring designed game in the series, but it could've been saved if they kept on going with this character, with the ancestor being a Templar. The time was just right for it to happen

Rogue is too little too late, and lame and gay

Haytham was a solid character; had good design, good VA, until he got ruined by the incompetent storyline
>>
>>321812869
Rogue's protagonist was a pile of meh. The only reason he betrays the Assassins is because their master had gone insane and was planning on destroying cities to empower the Order. No conflicting ideologies, no characters trying to convince him of one way or the other, just Shay Cormac going nope at the prospect of going along with destroying cities.

Then, after that, Rogue takes you on a boring trip to killing your old friends who you barely knew because you spent like 20% of the game being an Assassin. So these old friends needed to have a bad personality gimmick to stick with them, namely femme fatale, stoic native and blindly loyal white guy.

The gameplay is just Black Flag 2.0, which isn't bad per se, but was still lacking, I could've been playing Black Flag for all I know.

It saddens me how much of a waste of potential Rogue is, it could've been something good, putting the Templar-Assassin conflict under a new, greyer light instead of the old black and white morality that AC1 and AC2 insisted on.

But oh well, at least you get to have cool suits in it.
>>
>>321810827
I bought this piece of shit, it was one of the biggest scams in video game history.

>Some guy at Ubisoft: Wow this character is cool, charismatic and charming. This game is going to be great!
>Higher ups: Okay, now fuck it all up. Immediately replace him with a wooden, charmless, uncharismatic, unlikeable dude.
>Say no more
>>
File: shrug.jpg (88 KB, 640x466) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
88 KB, 640x466
I enjoyed ACIII, I was surprised that people hated it so much. I even liked Connor, even if he wasn't half as cool as Ezio.

ACII > ACIV > AC:BRO > AC:ROGUE > ACIII >AC:REVELATIONS > AC

Haven't played Unity or Syndicate, don't really plan to.
>>
>>321815848
Connor is not bad per se, but when you give us 33% of the game with a cool guy like Haytham then give us the switch around with Connor, you're gonna find yourself with a MGS2 situation.
>>
>>321816489
Yeah, I can see that. It's sorta the MGS2 situation in reverse.
>Game advertised to have one protagonist who doesn't look as cool as the last protagonist
>Surprise, the prologue is as somebody new who is super cool
>>
It is time to end the assassins creed series
>>
>>321817007
Did Syndicate sell well? I agree though, I used to love Screed but it's time to end it for lots of reasons.

Main reason being that it's gotten stale, but also they're getting too close to modern day. I already have no interest in playing a Screed game in the 1800s, I definitely don't want to play some 1940s WWII era Screed or modern day Screed. Let alone a futur Screed.

It was cool because medieval, it was cool because renaissance Italy. American frontier was kinda neat because it was just something different. But I'm bored, it's running out of history.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.