[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT WTT: MASS EFFECT 3 - WHAT WENT WRONG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Mass-Effect-4-1423759998393.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-4-1423759998393.png
1 MB, 1280x720
ITT WTT: MASS EFFECT 3 - WHAT WENT WRONG?
>>
>>321802124
RBG

Biocuck

EA

LGBT.
>>
Mass effect 2 was too good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw
>>
>>321802939
this
>>
File: 1445715853755.jpg (53 KB, 782x522) Image search: [Google]
1445715853755.jpg
53 KB, 782x522
>>
>>321802124
Choices didn't really matter.
The build up from the first two was ruined with an anticlimactic ending
>>
>talking to the shuttle pilot dude
>he's real vague about his sadness
>slowly opens up over time
>im here for ya buddy
>suddenly opens up in the club that he's gay as fuck and wants the D
>oh sorry man, I don't roll that way, can we be friends?
>ceases to exist as a meaningful character and only ever responds to interaction with " hello, Commander! "

Horrible tokenism is rife.
>>
It was good until the end of Tuchanka. That mission had variables that depended on choices from all three games.
Then either people at Bioware dropped the ball, or EA forced the deadlines, and both writing and game design went downhill. It all culminated at RGB.
Not only your choices didn't matter, it also didn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>321804616
>Mordin goes up the elevator
>Does his science snow shit
>Just stands there singing instead of going back down before the room explodes
>>
>>321802124
no talent on the development team
no talent on the direction team

all the publisher know how to do was throw money at people without talent
that is not a recipe for a palatable game

tip: never make something with the intent of it having a sequel
tip: never make a sequel to something that involves works outside of what it is a sequel to
>>
File: 1422579190560.png (218 KB, 422x468) Image search: [Google]
1422579190560.png
218 KB, 422x468
>>321804580
that doesn't happen. you can still be friends with the dude without sucking his dick and he still has lots of things to say to you.

Anyways, what went wrong was horrible writing. The Crucible in general was such an awful bullshit plot device that I should have seen coming from the start but was still mad about it. BioWare wrote themselves into a corner. Not to mention that 2's plot is utterly meaningless.

Hopefully Andromeda will be good, but I'm not putting much faith in it. I'll have to see when they finally release gameplay.
>>
>>321805337

>that doesn't happen

Maybe I fucked up somehow, but he literally had nothing to do or say once I told him I wasn't gay in my playthrough.
>>
>>321802124
The Ending
Day-One-DLC
EA deciding to have some sort of anti-homophobe campaign againgst actual homophobes but also people that generally didn't like the game
Game Journalists treated Mass Effect as the Star Wars of gaming ("See, videogames are CULTURAL TOO!" all that jazz) and therefore gave it big scores without thinking
After finishing it you realize there is no real replayability of the trilogy since you are always going to end having to choose between RGB
Tacked on multiplayer with microtransactions
Fewer characters - so you kinda felt forced to buy the Prothean DLC - who was also supposed to be part of the main storyline in the first place (and you can still only get certain emotional scenes with him and Liara if you have him... )
>>
>>321805621
There was a Paragon interrupt to say something to him at the memorial wall on the Citadel. That might have been it.
Really dumb to lock more stuff like that behind a fucking QTE but that's BioWare.
>>
>>321802124
test
>>
>>321804795
Thats why you shoot him and watch him crawl and die before reaching. I'm not heartless. Just trying to avoid loopholes
>>
>>321805821

That would explain it, and yes, I always hated that feature. It reminded me of the L1 shit in MGS 3, but worse.
>>
>>321802124
Dev team more focused on hamfisting gay shit and romances in rather than making a good game.

Remember when you first written a good universe, characters that you like or hate depending on how he/she was written, and romances were an afterthought?
And the writing came AFTER GOOD GAMEPLAY?
>>
>>321805658
(cont) and before people start saying game journalists were paid to give Mass Effect 3 big scores - they weren't really. They always do this shit because of inferiority complexes towards other journos and Mass Effect 3 had the eyes of the public on it - so of fucking course the dipshits wants to treat it like some golden idol. This article pretty much sums it up for anyone interested (you have to turn off adblock for forbes though)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/23/do-positive-mass-effect-3-reviews-reveal-a-conflict-of-interest-in-gaming-journalism/
>>
>>321802939
Too bad it's main plot has almost nothing to do with the main series. Seriously the Collector storyline would have been better as DLC and the main plot of Mass Effect 2 should have been preparing for a Reaper Invasion.
>>
>>321805658
>actual homophobes
Define what "actual homophobes" means because homosexuality is a mental illness and should be treaten as such.
>>
>>321802124
>WTT
?
>>
>>321806420
You are one
>>
>>321805821
I hated they went from you actually having to spend points on Charm and Intimidate to it just being some Fable-moral-choice thing. Felt less like a RPG right there.
>>
>>321806420
dude epic
>>
they wrote the reapers to be way too strong, so they had to deus ex machina the shit out of the ending, and even then i sucked major ass
>>
>>321806820
all those things would've been okay, the ninja, the senator not having any character development, all bad story things, there being fewer hubworlds etc

All fucking shortcomings would've been okay if the game had actual different endings that varied because of all your choices throughout the game. So when it didn't deliver, I just stopped letting ME3 get a pass on all those things - and now I see it for the piece of shit it really is.
>>
>>321806805
>>321806453
Explain how a man fucking another man in the ass is not a mental illness.
>>
>>321807546
why do you care so much about people fucking one another in the ass.
like, how does it impact you at all.
>>
>>321807546
Actually it's more caused by the surrounding that causes mental wing-wong.

This is curable, but the homosexual has to will it.

Also yes people, there are homosexuals that are unhappy with their current situation.
>>
Video games am I right
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.