[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the brains behind Nintendo act like children's television
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: ninty.gif (3 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
ninty.gif
3 MB, 636x358
Why do the brains behind Nintendo act like children's television presenters?
>>
To perpetuate the cult of personality nonsense
>>
>>321796921
Take a wild guess.
>>
>tfw no Avenue Q sequel with Nintendo puppets
>>
>>321796921
>hating on the muppet segments
>the only good thing to come out of that fucking conference
>>
>>321796921
Well you can't expect the new president to do this shit
>>
>>321796921
Was I the only one who knew something was seriously wrong when Iwata didn't show up to E3 two years a row and they had to resort to a puppet show to distract people?
>>
They just want to have fun I guess
>>
File: samurai2.jpg (11 KB, 225x237) Image search: [Google]
samurai2.jpg
11 KB, 225x237
>>321796921
They want to remind their audience that Nintendo makes games for children and that it's pointless for the periphery demographic of 20/30-year manchildren calling themselves "core gamers" to get angry at this.
>>
For the same reason they had Robot Chicken animate their segments for E3 2013. It's fun.
>>
Because it's fun, like video games. Aren't video games supposed to convey fun and enjoyment?
>>
>>321796921
Lets see
>kids toys
>kids games
OHGEEIWONDER.avi
>>
>>321797563
This.
What the hell was so wrong with the muppets? I thought it was fucking neat for a one off.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS THE SLIPPY MUPPET?!
>>
>>321796921
They thought acting unprofessional as their company sinks deeper into irrelevancy was a good decision.
>>
They don't, they act like a creepy soulless versions of children's TV presenters.
>>
>>321797861
It was supposed to be for Bill but he is too low energy for it
>>
>>321797907
NINTENDOOMED
>>
Because Iwata was dying and they didn't want to show the man in that sorry state.
>>
>>321796921

Because that's who their audience is?

Nintendo's games are aimed primarily at children.

That's their niche now; they're the only one of the Big 3 that are still viewed as kid-friendly.
>>
>>321797907

If Nintendo is irrelevant, why do people keep talking about how irrelevant they are?

Checkmate.
>>
>>321797472
Yes. You should start caring about the products instead.
>>
>>321798018
Bullshit.

I say it was for Sakurai, and it'll show up in a Direct for SF0, along with Wolf or Peppy/Slippy in Smash.

Just because it was the last Smash DIRECT, doesn't mean that was the last Smash UPDATE.
>>
>>321796921
You have to look at Nintendo's perspective on video games: toy
They are toys company since the very beginning, their main demographic is kids, is this really hard to understand?
>>
File: reggie_vs_iwata.png (107 KB, 720x467) Image search: [Google]
reggie_vs_iwata.png
107 KB, 720x467
If you didn't at least enjoy Nintendo's 2014 E3 show then you literally have no sense of humor
>>
>>321796921
They did the puppets because Iwata was seriously ill and had no-showed E3 too many times already. This way, they got to save face and still have Iwata sort of "appear".

It still remains a fact though that Nintendo consoles are for children.
>>
File: 1447867162017.png (373 KB, 607x388) Image search: [Google]
1447867162017.png
373 KB, 607x388
My big gripe is why do they think I want to get to know the CEOs of some mega corporation? Its all about faking a genuine interest in the consumers as well. I just want to buy video games. I used to be able to do this without them trying to fake being my friends. Is anyone out these seeing past all this bullshit?
>>
>>321799128
I dont see them as friends, I see them as entertainers.

Thats what these shows are supposed to be anyways, but the other companies forgot about that so its all jews on stage rubbing hands talking about anything but games.

We need cool shit like this again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZQu_Ujr2aA
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.