[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Kid_Icarus-Uprising_logo.jpg (138 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Kid_Icarus-Uprising_logo.jpg
138 KB, 250x250
Just got pic-related and so far I like it quite a bit but what the fuck did were they thinking when they came up with the control scheme?
>>
Casual filter
>>
>>321793406
Do you happen to have three hands or do you use the retarded stand?
>>
>>321793528

Never used the stand
>>
>>321793121
Turn up the touch screen sensitivity and use the stand. You can put the subtitles in the top screen too if you want.
>>
I literally dont understand how you could have trouble playing this game.

It must just be /v/ being shit at video games. The same people who criticise MH controls.
>>
File: 1400471217830.png (49 KB, 156x156) Image search: [Google]
1400471217830.png
49 KB, 156x156
Viridi is perfect.
>>
>>321793121
use the stand and disregard the faggot that posts the mspaint pic in a minute
>>
>>321793810
The game simply controls like ass, in particular the second part of the levels where you are on foot. It should have been a Wii U game with double stick controls.
>>
It takes some time to learn but the controls allow for a lot more precision in combat. Give it until mission 4 before you completely decide.
>>
>>321793991
This
>>
being on the 3DS hampers this game like crazy, both in the controls and the insanely tiny field of view

why wasn't this a wiiu game?
>>
>>321793991
Literally a goddess.
>>
It's the "best" control scheme for a shooter that demands precision and speed. It's awkward as hell, but it gets better over time.

Same with most of Sakurai's games really. Smash, Air Ride, even Meteos have weird controls that somehow make sense after playing.
>>
>>321794294
>the controls allow for a lot more precision in combat

I know, that is why I kept the default controls instead of using the anolog stick + X Y B A. It just that I think it is unconfortable as fuck. Maybe it is bebause I have an XL and the game was made with the original 3DS in mind?
>>
Are people unable to hold the 3DS with their left hand and use the stylus with their right? I had no trouble picking the game up, and even if I did I'd probably get it right after the first few levels. I don't get how people can get so hindered by such a simple and straightforward control scheme.
>>
>>321794252
Dual stick is not even near as fast and precise as the touch screen, intensity 9 would be literally impossible on a dual analog setup
I bet you also go on fps threads and say that dual stick is better than kb+m
>>
>>321793121
>/v/ finally resorted to shitposting about KI: Uprising
Once again, /v/ has shown they are irredeemable shit.
>>
>>321795463
Then they could have used wiimote + nunchuck.
>>
>>321795587
How is critizing one single aspect of a game shitposting?
>>
>>321795587
Also it is legit criticism. Even Nintendo apparently thought that the controls are bad or else they wouldn't have included the stand.
>>
>>321795587
>resorted to
nigga this been going on since the game released
>>
>>321795923
The only use the stand has is to put your phone when you're watching videos
>>
>>321796078
this is all i really used it for, i found the stand more of a hassle to play the game with than just holding it regularly
>>
File: bike.png (399 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
bike.png
399 KB, 900x500
Holy fuck how am I supposed to use this??? They expect me to learn how to levitate to keep this shit from falling???? Should've had 3 wheels
>>
>hey guys, what is this system lacking in controls?
> a second analogue stick
>alright we're gonna make a 3d 3rd person shooter
>>
>>321796579
>hey guys I never played the game
>shitpost anyway
>>
File: wheels.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
wheels.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
>>321796392
You do realize that they included pic-related in the box? Nintendo themselves knew that the game controls like shit.
>>
>>321796871
And just like training wheels you don't need it after you learn what you're doing
>>
>>321796828
>hey guys i did play the game
>babbys gettin mad at opinions
>>
>>321796871
>bicycles control like shit, that's why they come with training wheels
>>
Why can't people say that, yes, the game controls are horrible but that it is still a good game? Is it because too many people on here think that Nintendo can't do any wrong?
>>
>>321797439
because people overexaggerate how bad the controls are
>>
>>321793991
Viridi is also a hypocrite who cannot adapt to humans.
>>
>>321797439
Because they aren't, anyone who played on a higher intensity can confirm that the controls are perfect for this game, you may even think they're unconfortable, but they're far from bad
>>
>>321797439
I'm not the kinda nigga who likes to defend Nintendo but I don't see why people make a big deal out of the controls. They're honestly not that hard to pick up.
>>
>>321797664
Do you also think that people dying from cancer are hypocrites because they choose to fight the cancer instead of adapting to it?
>>
>>321797567
Maybe some do, but the controls are bad regardless. Do you remember all the other handheld games that came with a stand because the game's controls were bad? Me neither.
>>
>>321797842
The stand makes it even harder to play, it's only there because some poor retards don't know how to hold the 3ds
>>
>>321797837
Humans and cancer are two different things.

Not my fault humans are advancing too fast.
>>
>>321795215
fucking this

It is so uncomfortable to hold the ds with my left hand, my pinkie claws up while trying to hold the system and hit the trigger with my index finger.

The controls are fucked for mobility.
I could only play the game when I was at home laying in bed.
>>
>>321798004
Viridi is responsible for nature, and humans are breaking the balance, so she's trying to fix their shit
If lions started to eat everyone she would interfere with the lions too, humans just have a giant ego and think everything is about them
>>
>>321798158
>If lions started to eat everyone

Lions can eat everyone that is huntable and not that big.

Though I once saw one lioness jumping on a really big water buffalo.
>>
>>321798442
Yeah, but they aren't taking over the world and making a ton of species go extinct
>>
>>321798001
Oh come on now. It is clear that whoever is responsible for quality control at Nintendo saw the necessity to include the stand because they thought it was too uncomfortable to play the game otherwise. Do you think they liked the idea of including it and thus increasing the costs of production? It obviously was a last resort.
>>
>>321798605
Again, is just for people who don't know how to hold the 3ds
Metroid Prime Hunters had the same controls and didn't had a stand, I bet they only put one because some people would play to harsh and end up dropping the 3DS
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 1024x768
Post music.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iQsj-HlXCMc
>>
>>321798573
Implying they aren't planning it...they and Wolf Spiders.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.