[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>played DotA 1 for two years >dumbed myself down with LoL,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: dv.jpg (19 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
dv.jpg
19 KB, 400x325
>played DotA 1 for two years
>dumbed myself down with LoL, got to D5

can i still get into DotA2? How is the community? does it have a lot of active
>>
>>321747968
a lot of active players i meant to type
>>
File: Emoticon_horse.gif (3 KB, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
Emoticon_horse.gif
3 KB, 32x32
>>321747968
Last patches where complete shit which lead to garbage meta so no, stay away
>>
Online gaming is shit and ASSFAGGOTS are the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>321748389
how come?
>>
>>321747968
The gameplay is getting better, the game has a lot of bugs because of a recent engine switch but is slowly getting fixed (very slowly).

>>321748389 is full of shit, the latest patches have amazing and the only ones who dislike them are the low-lever shitter who hate change, the best example is that the past international had the highest pick ratio of all TI's (In past TI's there was always around 20 or more heroes never banned or picked, this time it was less than 10, consider that the hero pool is also increasing), there are still some OP and cancer heroes but that's to be expected.

Also, don't mention that you come from LoL, just pretend that you're a newcomer with no prior experience and you're good to go, I've played with a couple of ex-LoL players and they usually have bad habits but they don't really have too much trouble adapting and the fact that they have prior experience on the genre is actually helpfull if you don't make the mistake of trying to play the game like it was LoL and then complaining that it is not.
>>
>>321748809
do meepo and invoker still exist?
>>
>>321747968
yes, largest active players on steam for a while now.

There are still some shitty things that the new engine doesn't do well (most of it is pathing) and a lot of bugs because it is using the newly released source 2 engine (even when it was just source engine it had a lot of bugs as well)

Still the game is solid, especially with the new patch. Not to mention that custom maps are now being implemented slowly and more of the classic WC3 custom maps are finding their way into the game.

When transitioning from LoL, you will have a lot of bad habits. But having experience in this genre isn't that bad. Just expect a lot of small details that you won't pick up right off the bat.
>>
>>321749216
Invoke level 1, alacrity costs less mana. Have fun
>>
File: ss.jpg (433 KB, 1596x913) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
433 KB, 1596x913
>>321749216
yes. Have a full roster
>>
>>321749216
Yes but they are rarely picked despite getting buffed, which is bad news because historically Icefrog overbuff heroes that get ignored.

Techies got nerfed to the ground last patch, which is nice.

Earth Spirit got nerfed to the ground this patch.

Arc Warden is the new meme.
>>
>>321749878
>>321749795

thanks, and holy shit they kept techies, i'm happy
>>
>>321747968
hots is better that that garbage
>>
File: CeThcF7.jpg (40 KB, 399x325) Image search: [Google]
CeThcF7.jpg
40 KB, 399x325
>>321748809
Game is too simple now.
If you have 5 deaths there is very little chance of coming back, and if you are up 12 kills then you have basically won.

I decided to stop playing the game for a while now.
In previous patches it always felt that there was something new to learn, but 6.86 feels like i have to take a step backwards.
I feel like i cant make those "big plays" anymore, everything feels too fucking safe.
Like playing bowling with those fucking sidewall things.
>>
>>321750093
>If you have 5 deaths there is very little chance of coming back, and if you are up 12 kills then you have basically won.
How's that 2k mmr treating you?
>>
>>321750093
>New rune
>New items
>New hero
>New mechanics
>Everything is viable.
How is 6.86 a step backwards?
>>
>>321750093
>That one fag with 50 hours that think he knows what the fuck he´s talking about
Post dotabuff you fucking pro

>Having more than 5 deaths
>Dying
>Ever
No need to actually post dotabuff anymore, you just proved you are shit. 6 86 is the best patch we got in last 2 years
>>
>>321749991
>Invoker
>Rarely picked
>>
Why not play Smite instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvI8_RWDAqE
>>
File: 5PqRPic.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5PqRPic.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
>>321750567
You people sure are edgy.
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/117832699
Those deaths were meant to be 0 5 type of deaths.
>>321750154
4.6k But one of my friends is 2.3k, and very few things are different there anyway, so idk what you are talking about.
>>321750271
I am talking about play-style.
It feels like there is no more that outsmarting/outplaying your opponent thing.
>>
File: sage.png (5 KB, 70x78) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
5 KB, 70x78
>>321748809
>because of a recent engine switch
Keep lying to yourself.
>inb4 implying any modern AA/AAA is bug free
>>
Dota's community is fucking garbage.
Game is full of autistic fedora tipping neckbeards or kids with literal autism.
I just had a game where I was snowballing as Zeus but then my Sven throws the fucking game just because my Witch Doctor insulted him.
The game itself is okay, but the people you play with are fucking terrible.
>>
itt: we beg fy to stop picking support pudge so we can actually win games.
For real though dota is still huge and growing. Major patches every four or five months keeps things relatively fresh. Heroes are pretty balanced right now, hard to give statistics as patch is only about two weeks old but only a few are near unplayable. Next tournament to catch is probably Shanghai Major qualifiers or Starladder
>>
>>321752081
>The game itself is okay, but the people you play with are fucking terrible.

That goes for all ASSFAGGOTS games and really, all popular multiplayer team based games in existence.

What it comes down to is that you should really be playing with your friends/people you know.
Once the game has too many players to reliably cover with your own team mates, the impact of the individual is small enough that those dickheads get lost in the noise.
>>
File: battlenetlogo.jpg (11 KB, 490x200) Image search: [Google]
battlenetlogo.jpg
11 KB, 490x200
>>321752151
Fucking Valve.

At least back in the day, you could simply keep making lobbies for the old version if you though the new one was shit and everyone was happy.
>>
>>321751591
>http://www.dotabuff.com/players/117832699
>literally plays the most broken heroes every game

Thats why its boring you twat
>>
>>321752674
>literally plays the most broken heroes every game

Weren't you the one saying the patch is A-Okay?

Since having heroes that break the game to the point of making it boring for the person who plays them seems contradictory to that statement.
>>
>>321752646
People often didn't play the "a" because it was shit. And waited for "b" or even "c".
>Who else remembers that neat Zeus ult bug?
>>
>>321752646
Kinda fucks the balanced matchmaking system if you start dividing the community like that. Even if in hindsight I enjoyed one patch more than another I think it's still good for perpetual change.
>>
>>321750093
Just five stack or in house. Game is way more fun when you know the retards losing you the game.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.