[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefront Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: star-wars-battlefront-ea-dice.jpg (64 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-battlefront-ea-dice.jpg
64 KB, 600x320
I got it for Christmas, I must say I'm surprisingly having a lot of fun. Lots of problems, yes, but still a great time. GOAT graphics and sound. It definitely doesn't hurt that I'm an OT fanboy, Star Wars is my second favorite IP in entertainment.

Havin fun? Pros? Cons? Favorite weapon or hero? I'm still using the DLT-19 despite unlocking almost the whole arsenal.
>>
I like that you can play as a cute girl in this game.
>>
>>321747465
if by cute you mean Twi'lek, yeah
>>
>>321747407
>Cons?

It gets boring extremely fast. I lost interest in less than a week. I'm also a huge star wars fan, but that wasn't enough to keep me playing.
>>
for 2 weeks before christmas, couldnt find any matches on pc, hemaoraging players, lack of weapon variety (11 guns), 1 ground vehicle thats controllable and completely unbalanced air combat.

lack of content though is the most important flaw here, and as another guy just said, 1 week, 2 weeks match. there is a supreme lack of depth as well
>>
>>321747625
Well that's what the $50 season pass is for dummy.
>>
>>321747518
I get it. It hasn't hit me yet, but I'm only a few days in. I really think EA fucked up on two fronts: lack of maps, and lack of motivation. They should have done the unlocks differently; they give you pretty much everything within 15 or so levels, then you have to grind to fucking 50 to get the good armor. That should be spread out a lot more.

Also, off subject, what did you think of TFA
>>321747625
>11 guns
I agree, but how could they do more? Seems like the nature of a Star Wars game in itself limits the guns.
>>
>>321747504
>tfw no Hidamari Sketch with cute Twi'leks
>>
>>321747940
>Togrutas hotter than Twi'leks
>>
>>321747407
copy pasting Rebel human heads onto Stormtroopers instead of giving Stormtroopers armor variations makes me sad.

Also fucked up that Stormtroopers only get Scout and Shadow Trooper as unique variations while Rebels get different alien heads.
>>
>>321747407
Just bought 2 on Steam, I regret not listening to the anon who told me to get a different version instead, the Steam one apparently has the crash bug. Though I found the relatively simple work around and I'm having tons of fun.
>>
File: 32434.gif (1 MB, 337x206) Image search: [Google]
32434.gif
1 MB, 337x206
>add in the lightsaber mechanics of Jedi Outcast and make jedis a playable class

game would be fixed but completely unbalanced as no one would choose to not be a jedi

Better yet just make another Jedi Knight game sweet jesus i just want a fucking quality lightsaber game
>>
>>321747771
>what did you think of TFA

At first I was underwhelmed, but after some time letting it sink in, I enjoyed it. I thought there wasn't enough characterization of Finn or Rey, though. We should have had more time with Finn before the battle where he chooses to abandon the first order.

I hated Kylo. I thought he was a complete beta fuck-up, but now I think he's actually the most interesting character in it.
>>
>>321747407
When will we get Tr8-T0r's riot stun tonfa dlc?
>>
>>321747407
>no multi-seat vehicles
>vehicle are fucking random tokens

How can anyone like this garbage
>>
>>321748126
>Jedi Knight
>quality lightsaber game
hahahaahaha
>>
>>321748073
This, its against code to have helmets off, but EA dont give a shit.
>>
Total Buzzkill sed this game was feared to turn out as just a Battlefield-series game set in Star Wars but in the end he said that would have been a much better game than what we actually got

how true is that
>>
>>321748170
It's meant for casuals. I really wish battlefront was just a reskinned battlefield. It would have been so much better.
>>
>>321748137
Have you seen it more than once? Second viewing is a LOT better. You can kind of take away the excitement and just analyze shit.

Personally, my third favorite SW
>(my rank goes IV>V>VII>VI>>>>>dogshit).
I agree with the Finn thing, I'm thinking Episode 8 will give us a bit more context. Loved Kylo though, his character is really interesting. Also love a strong female protag without shoving tumblr/SJW shit on screen every 2 minutes . Only big complaint is too many story beats from ANH.
>>
>>321748216
This infuriates me. Anyone using helmetless troopers can fuck off. It's not even logical.
>>
>>321748225
Completely true.
They tried too hard to make something original but failed in the process.

Reskinned Battlefront 2 >>>>>>>> Reskinned Battlefield 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What we got
>>
>>321748504
I haven't seen it a second time yet, but I really want to if I can get the right days off work. The analyzing part you mentioned is exactly what I want to do. I want to go with someone else as well, to get a fresh opinion on it.

I agree with the similarities to New Hope. Another death star, blown up by the big weak point on the outside. I got a MGS2 vibe from it throughout the whole movie. Maybe that was the intent, but I think it was a bad decision. It should have been a completely new story.

Luke should have had more screentime, but his part still didn't disappoint me.
>>
>>321747407
How come no one pointed out that this is clearly a marketing post?

Anyway, fuck you EA shill and anyone that buys EA games.
>>
>>321748553
This is the era of the special snowflake, anon.
>>
>>321748786
I think they did good leaving Luke out. It gave more time for the new characters to breath. Luke would have just dominated whatever scene he was in. I look forward to ESB-esque training scenes in Episode 8, though.

Still, I'm really happy Star Wars is back true-to-form.

Fuck, I hate DLC but I would have gladly welcomes TFA DLC into Battlefront. Play at Maz's temple, Kylo Ren and Rey available as heroes. Badass First Order trooper armor. Damn.
>>
Is it possible to pirate this game and play the multiplayer? All I'm really interested in is the pretty graphics anyways.
>>
>>321748957
Yes, because companies would actually waste resources on winning over /v/. Fucking delusional idiots.
>>
File: 1451252879482.png (157 KB, 324x406) Image search: [Google]
1451252879482.png
157 KB, 324x406
>>321748225
It would have been better if they made it like a Battlefield title but I can understand why they didn't. A lot of the game is simplified when compared to Battlefield since they were going to sell the game off name recognition instead of gameplay.

On its own I can see it being appealing to casual players with everything being simplified. There is lots of balance issues that casual players wouldn't notice with spawns, gun mechanics, map layouts, and what not. Gun mechanics that used to be in Battlefield have been stripped out. The only thing deep about the gun mechanics now is that lasers travel so slow that you have to predict the movement of your opponents.

Despite all this, I'm having fun with it. I just had to realize I'm not playing a Battlefield title.
>>
>>321748786

Probably done on purpose, it had new vibe and new characters to draw in the new generation, with a bit of the old to keep the original fans.

What I didn't like, was how Kylo and Rey used advanced force techniques despite both being in a rookie state - it took Luke fucking 2 films just to be able to grab his lightsaber.

And fucking Kylo employed techniques with little strain when Vader, Luke or Yoda could barely do the same without expressing such.
>>
File: 1379454925009.png (44 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1379454925009.png
44 KB, 235x236
>>321748202
Can you give a better example then? Not trying to be snarky, I genuinely want to know. Unless that was just bait, then fuck you.
>>
>>321749415
Remember, though, Kylo isn't a rookie. He'd been training with Luke for who knows how long. He knows the Force. Rey presumably also had this training, as well.
>>
>>321747407
I'll buy Battlefront when it gets a classic or Insomiac games mod. Fuck, I would kickstart Mike Z $2,000 if he was going to mod it.
>>
>>321748202
show us something better then shitfag
>>
>>321748126
Awful idea
>>
>>321747407
>GOAT graphics and sound
good, that's the only thing the game for itself
otherwise, it's broken as shit, nearly dead on PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeYzL_qsNg4
>>
File: 1437241545874.png (53 KB, 441x424) Image search: [Google]
1437241545874.png
53 KB, 441x424
>>321748786
>I got a MGS2 vibe

>Snoke orchestrated everything to turn Rey into the next Luke Skywalker
>>
I bet Lando will be one of the heroes they add.
>>
>>321750990
EA said at least 4 new heroes. I'm hoping for
Rebels:
>Chewie and Ben Kenobi. Yoda is also acceptable (make force heavy like the Emperor)
Empire:
>IG-88 and Grand Moff Tarkin (make Imperial equivalent of Leia). Selacious Crumb also accepted
>>
>>321747407
good lord that hud is ugly and uninformative.
>>
>>321750937
This looks fun as fuck. To scared to buy it because I am 78% sure its shit
>>
>>321751149
I don't see the point of ever playing them to be honest when Solo and Fett are so much better
>>
>>321749280
It would cost them the spare time of one employee. It doesn't even have to be winning over; publicity is enough. We've had proof of EA shilling here before. You're the one who's dumb enough to think they're not going to advertise their game any way possible.
>>
>>321751785
>proof
show me
>>
File: EA marketing techniques.jpg (1 MB, 1600x2702) Image search: [Google]
EA marketing techniques.jpg
1 MB, 1600x2702
>>321751853
I'm not done, gimme time to look through my folders and shit
>>
>>321750983
Finn is a sleeper agent. How else do you explain captain phasmeme folding like a punk and fucking the First Order when they had it? It's all building to something bigger.

Disney are still evil and JJ Abrams is a hack though. George Lucas was a genius working from the heart.
>>
File: EA 4chan viral marketing.jpg (378 KB, 1265x3296) Image search: [Google]
EA 4chan viral marketing.jpg
378 KB, 1265x3296
>>321751986
It is also notable that EA paid considerable sums of money to prominent youtubers like pewdieshit, that one jack guy, and Jon"fatpewdiepie"Tron to shill their videos for them. Jontron even did a fucking video commerical for them.

If you think EA isn't going to also hire at least one dude to trawl a forum where no login/registration is required when they spend all that fucking money on everything else, the forum where Minecraft was originally popularised, you're being dense on purpose, anon.
>>
The E-11 is the most versatile gun I've come across so far, but the T-21 B is my go to for longer ranged maps
>>
File: EA 2012.png (260 KB, 713x796) Image search: [Google]
EA 2012.png
260 KB, 713x796
>>321752507
Electronic Arts spends a ridiculous amount of money on marketing their games
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.