[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever have any dreams that could be made into cool vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: catherine.jpg (27 KB, 614x239) Image search: [Google]
catherine.jpg
27 KB, 614x239
Did you ever have any dreams that could be made into cool vidya?
>>
To all those who know of the Angry army gaming/movie review site, The Angry Joe show, well, he's gone done it now. Yup, Angry Joe now has a PS4 and that means PS gamers get a chance to have a couple of PS centric games reviewed by a gaming site that still believes in informing it's gaming public instead of manipulating them for them ad $ or "access". Yeah, I'm looking at you 'gametrailersgamespotIGN1UPSesslerBeercrybaby' buttlickers.

Is he a Xbox fanboy? ...yup, but he's professionalism & integrity always seems to out shine his personal bias and it's all just for THE GAMERS! Here's a gaming site that knows a 7 can be a great game instead of "OMGZIZTEHFAILZLOL!!!" spewed by so many big pathetic gaming sites that are just mouth pieces for the big publishers.

First game's going to be Killzone. Check out his First Impressions vid http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/11/angry-joe-buys-a-ps4-first-impressions/
>>
Probably not a good one. Exploring a partially failed deep sea research station. Although horror-seeming, probably more puzzle oriented. Very little light of the station itself, and obviously none outside, you just have a hand light and maybe a light on your diving suit.

Very importantly and distinctly though, it's not like tons of mutants, zombies or experiments gone wrong running around and you have to cut them down. Most of the station is empty, maybe just a couple desperate scientists surviving in sealed off areas/rooms. The game, or at least the dream, was just slowly wandering about the pitch black water with a light, as those little specs of the deep sea clutter the beam as they drift past, and trying to find a way to open doors of the station, drain areas, and restore power to parts, eventually getting a beacon or something up.

If there had to be some sort of threat, maybe out in the open ocean you could put some deep sea monster, that stalks you and gets closer and more dangerous the longer you're outside. Again though, if you're going specifically by the dream then it was just exploring huge open dark underwater structures.
>>
File: 1450909855707.jpg (73 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450909855707.jpg
73 KB, 640x640
>>321745213

I once had a weird dream where I lived multiple lives. In that dream each time I died I'd be in intense pain, like my body was being stretched between two far distances. During this I'd see a large orb of light and I knew I had failed somehow, but every time it showed up it produced a smaller orb that had a familiar warmth. I could stop returning to earth and move on, but there was a certain soul I loved and wouldn't let go, so I'd return to earth in pain each life.

I guess it could be some sort of Lemmings type of game, but with you guiding this person in each life, maybe sometimes as companions or a creature watching over them. I don't know if I'd like a heartbreaking or happy ending though.
>>
File: 1354150204215.jpg (464 KB, 1211x1200) Image search: [Google]
1354150204215.jpg
464 KB, 1211x1200
For a period of a month and a half I would have very vivid dreams every night that I was being eaten alive by insects. It could be ants, beetles, maggots, whatever. It was every night and I always remembered them perfectly. I was semi-lucid in them as time went on.

As my lucidness increased I started being able to fight back a bit. I'd run from waves of insects like some fucking Junji Ito comic. Sometimes I'd need to swim or crawl out of them as they ate me. I have no idea why I had these dreams and they haven't returned.

Might make a cool short horror game. Like some 1-2 dollar thing that lasts 20 minutes.
>>
I had a dream where I went to Costco to look at the TVs, then I left and got on a cab, then a random lady dressed in red got in the cab, she told me to give her a pipe that was on the floor.

I gave it to her and she hit me on the face with it, then I woke up.

Probably not a good game but maybe a good VR experience.
>>
I dream a lot of weird shit that is probably too sexual and violent in nature to be a good video game.

Well if you take out the sex and keep the violence it'd be a nice hack and slash game. Probably as good as DMC3SE.
>>
I once dreamed about something that might make a cool game.

It's a competitive multiplayer shooter about trench warfare, except the trenches are a skate park and everyone is on rollerblades. So you'd use the tunnels and pipes to get speed, skate off a ramp to pop up and shoot people, then drop back down and keep skating. It was extremely colorful, like Sunset Overdrive.

So I guess Jet Set Radio as a multiplayer shooter? It was cool at the time.
>>
File: 1450688584888.jpg (476 KB, 1289x1266) Image search: [Google]
1450688584888.jpg
476 KB, 1289x1266
Whenever I dream it's either about shopping for good deals or somebody gaining my trust and then shooting me.
>>
>>321747498
fucking fund it.
>>
i was 12 years old when i had this kind of dream:
i was in a new school, which looked a lot like my middle grade school, this guy asked me to scan my face, i let it do it, and then nothing more, i got into the hall, and i saw all my classmates, who dresses in white labcoats... very strange.
then from a door appeared a clone of me in labcoat, and i started understanding something.
when the other ones seen i was stressed, they started sounding the alarm, probably knowing i was an intruder, i got in panic and asked help to one of them, but she answered "ahh don't worry it's not a bad place", i tried to attack her knowing she was a clone, and ripped of the labcoat arm, revealing the communist symbol tatooed on her arm, IT WAS A COMMUNIST CLONING LAB!

then in panic i ripped off a tube from a wall and started smashing around the heads of every clone while shouting in "full /pol/ mode":

"WHERE ARE YOU FUCKING COMMUNISTS? SONS OF BITCHES!!!!!"

could be a beat 'em up game, something like Final Fight for example, or Street of Rage
>>
File: 1407455723740.jpg (100 KB, 998x810) Image search: [Google]
1407455723740.jpg
100 KB, 998x810
>>321745213
Had this dream when I was still in kindergarten I think. It started out in this huge library, like big enough to have it's own zip code or some shit, and as I start exploring it's labyrinthine halls, I hear roaring off in the distance. I try running away but the sounds just come closer and closer until I get mauled and eaten by a goddamn grizzly bear. After having come back to life and getting mauled for about ten cycles or so, I find a yo-yo and sling it at the bear, killing it.

I have weird dreams.
>>
>>321747576
oy vey
>>
My dreams always involve someone stabbing me in the back of the neck.

I made one of my friends promise not to ever stab me in the back of the neck.
>>
>>321747965
could be a good First Person Shooter game.
something like Catacomb 3d, but instead of magic you have killer yo-yo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5MzKdjIaPU
>>
My dreams are all stupid bullshit, so no.
Sadly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.