[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that it's been a decade since 7th gen began and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 7th gen gaming.jpg (75 KB, 950x400) Image search: [Google]
7th gen gaming.jpg
75 KB, 950x400
Now that it's been a decade since 7th gen began and it's coming to a close (last wii game released in November and PS3/360 support ending in the next year or two), what are your final thoughts on the 7th generation of gaming?

Personally I loved it up until 2011 when it started to feel a bit lifeless, although the PS3 really kicked it up a notch during the final years.
I had the most fun with the 360's online, the Wii was great from 2007 to 2010, and the PS3 seems to have used its potential to the maximum compared to everything else.
>>
Awful garbage, but it was better than this new one.

This new gen is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>321738773
Whatever console generation you were eight to twelve-years-old for is the best one.

There will be people who will swear up and down seventh gen was the best, then people will come in and talk about how sixth gen was better in every way. You'll get a few people who will vehemently defend fifth gen as the best, and even fewer people who will decry gaming as having died during the fourth.

All of those people will equally be faggots.
>>
Wii was hype as fuck but died so quick
PS3 was awful at the beginning of the gen, but became great towards the end
360 was exactly the opposite, good in the beginning and fucking awful with the introduction of the Kinect
It was a shit generation. Honestly, PS4/Xbone/Wii U are better than Wii/PS360
>>
>>321738927
Yeah it's pretty weak so far (although the only 8th gen console I own is a Wii U), I remember by this point in 7th gen we at least had good multiplayer games like Halo 3 and Resistance plus fun shit like Crackdown, Little Big Planet and Super Mario Galaxy.

>>321739093
>Whatever console generation you were eight to twelve-years-old for is the best one.
That's kind of funny since I'm between 5th and 6th gen but only grew up with Nintendo games until I was 13.
>>
This last generation will probably go down in history as the most important one in all of videogaming, all things considered.

I perwonally feel like it was everything the medium needeed, and then some.
>>
>>321738773
In his thread fat virgins with shitty goatees will complain that it was the worse generation because of "muh masterrace"

The 360 was fantastic up until 2011 when the PS3 began to prove its worth. It was a great generation and The Wii was great at parties and holidays.
>>
File: you cannot beat us.jpg (24 KB, 762x449) Image search: [Google]
you cannot beat us.jpg
24 KB, 762x449
>>321739303
>360 was exactly the opposite, good in the beginning and fucking awful with the introduction of the Kinect
This so much, they completely dropped the ball when they tried to cater more to the casual audience with that garbage and those stupid avatars they added in 2009.

In a way I'm simultaneously happy and sad that the kinect is dead, there was so much potential for it but Microsoft never fucking did anything interesting with it.
>>
Well. n64 had mario64, star fox 64, Zelda ocarina of time, banjo kazooie, Majoras Mask, Goldeneye, Mario kart, diddy kong racing, paper mario, Perfect dark 64... more i cant think of. all of which are easily 10/10 games by todays standards.
Its been over a decade and i have yet to play an fps that has had as much multiplayer customization and character as perfect dark 64 (yes a console fps) had.
>>
File: Mattrick1.jpg (51 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Mattrick1.jpg
51 KB, 620x349
>>321739631
It was this motherfucker that stopped the 360 from being good
He also pretty much killed the Xbox One due to managing that awful console launch
>>
>>321740312
I fucking hate this guy so much, seems like he'd fit in at EA perfectly.
>>
Bought a used Wii in 2012 for few money and I was pleasantly surprised about the overall quality of some lesser known games considering lots of people enjoyed shitting on it, my major complain and a thing that crippled it from 2009 and above was probably the lack of high definition, it looks crispier on my bulky Trinitron than on my LED.
>>
>>321742247
>the lack of high definition
This has been one of the things keeping me from going back to playing my wii (besides the awful controllers), I need to softmod mine again sometime.

I wish they'd make Wii Mode easier to use on the Wii U already or just let me play wii games directly from the home menu (like playing gamecube games on the wii).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.