[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jade Empire Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: BlackWhirlwind.jpg (13 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
BlackWhirlwind.jpg
13 KB, 270x270
So I'm playing Jade Empire, cuz the Origin store is giving it away and why not? and I'm in the Imperial Arena, fighting Kai Lun. Black Whirlwind wants to stand in. Is there any reason I should or should not let him? will the rewards be any different, or any difference in character story? or will it just be a one line difference? tried looking on wiki's and walkthrus but couldn't really find anything on it. any help?
>>
bump?
>>
>>321737807
just make your own decision, idiot.
>>
>>321737940
fuck you, this is /v/ for video games right? excuse me for asking if anybody here knew something about a video game. I didn't ask for your opinion or anyone else's I just wanted to know the differences in outcome, upon which i would then make my own decision. thanks for the help, dickface
>>
>>321738272
you're welcome. now stop crying like a big baby and just play the game.
unless you need more hand holding because youre a big fucking baby.
>>
>>321735860
Don't think it matters but i always let him fight
>>
>>321735860
just play it faggot
>>
>>321735860
Close the fucking wiki, stop ruining it for yourself.
>>
>>321738732
is that all people do in /v/ is tell people to play the games they're asking about? i am playing the game asshat, how do you think i got this far. just wanted a little more info before i made a decision
>>
>>321738881
Why don't you complete the fight with and without Black Whirlwind and see for yourself what the difference is, or is that too much for you to handle?
>>
>>321738643
thanks man
>>
>>321738937
yup, it's too much for me to handle you figured it out. didn't even know i'd have the choice in the first place, and i don't want to go that far back in my save game. as everyone here has already told me i'm just a little faggot bitch baby
>>
i can taste the salt from here
>>
>>321735860
You should your master is the main antagonist and final boss, you were purposely trained wrong by him
>>
>>321735860

I liked this game but I sucked at it.

What was your guys favourite fighting style?
>>
>>321742383
Legendary Strike or something like that was great and available from beginning
>>
Those Transformations like turning into a big toad demon were pretty fun. It makes the final boss easy by just sending him flying a few times.
>>
>>321742383
Sword.

That shit is broken as all fuck. If you invest fully into the 'reduces energy cost' upgrade for it, the final upgrade is "Uses NO energy."

Then the game shatters under the force of your ass-whooping as you use the sword for almost every encounter and kill people in three hits.

Only downside is when you get the fully upgraded sword (Which on PC is right after you die ) the 'limitless energy' upgrade stops applying. For ghosts and stuff immune to weapons, Tiger is objectively the easiest and best style to use, but I prefered White Demon for the sheer damage output.
>>
>>321735860
Don't be a pussy. Fight him yourself because you're the goddamn hero, you faggot.
>>
File: 1396517612157.gif (3 MB, 620x346) Image search: [Google]
1396517612157.gif
3 MB, 620x346
>>321735860

>Become queen-empress of everything with UNLIMITED POWER, god-killing powers, an entire army, and the daughter of the Emperor as my lesbian-lover

I liked this game.
>>
File: 1398357321919.png (105 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
1398357321919.png
105 KB, 245x300
>Karma system
>Maxing karma to Open Palm or Closed Fist will give you an ability unique to that path
>By the time you are able to max karma, there'll be 1-2 hours left in the game
>You won't have the points to dump into a new ability, the ability is shit until upgraded, and you won't want to spend time learning how to use it when all the enemies are tough as shit
>Even if you push through all that, you'll only be able to play with it for an hour or so at most.

For what purpose.
>>
EA better give away BC2 someday, I want to see this game again in its glory
>>
Anyone else notice Bioware... really, REALLY likes shooting segments in their RPGs?

Kotor and Kotor 2 both had sections where you have to repeatedly fight off enemies in a turret, Kotor doing it almost EVERY TIME you jump between systems.
Jade Empire has the top-down shooting when you transfer between areas and as a bonus section to the game.
SWTOR had it thrown in there...

There's a couple other games, too. Is there just one guy who's worked there since forever who INSISTS it has to be included in all their RPGs for no reason?
>>
>>321738272

what the fuck is the matter with you. Have you tried google - do your own research. You don't even want a discussion, you just want an answer? Fucking nigger
>>
>>321743505
What unique ability do you mean?

I remember there being two elemental styles (earth and wind) that required you have 50% or something in Open Palm and Closed Fist respectively to use, and near the end there's a gem that is restricted to whichever alignment you are, but I don't remember there being anything for maxing it.

I will agree, though, getting to the max is something you'll only do with about 3 or 4 hours left before the end of the game.
>>
File: 1373040342546.jpg (259 KB, 800x810) Image search: [Google]
1373040342546.jpg
259 KB, 800x810
Fucking Jade Empire, good work OP, it's an underrated gem.

I don't remember the part you're talking about so hopefully you can figure out what works for you, this thread doesn't seem to be much help.

But I can tell you that the absolute most fun I had with the game was going Closed Fist and corrupting Dawn Star and Silk Fox down to the dark side (don't pretend it's not evil, the game makes all these high minded statements it doesn't back up).

You even get a threesome near the end if you romance both of them.

Unfortunately it's ruined a little by a bug at the end that fucks with Dawn Stars alignment, which pretty much ruins the late game. No patches or anything that'll fix it as far as I can tell either, shitsux but ohwell.

Great game.

Make sure you fight the British Guy too.
>>
>>321743985
Those two arguing teachers back in the second dried-up town. At least on PC, they require FULL dedication to one of the paths before they'll teach you their moves.
>>
>>321744159
That's what I was talking about, and that would be a really strange change.

They only require enough in each karma path that it's entirely possible for you learn the style you want before you even leave Tien's Landing. I don't want to assume you're exaggerating or remembering it wrong, but I only played the game on the xbox, and I can guarantee that it doesn't require 100%.
>>
>>321744085
>Corrupt/pure routes with companions require you to talk completely with them
>You have to answer in specific ways, usually obvious, sometimes not
>You can tell individual companions that you don't give a fuck or offend them, in which case they will NEVER SPEAK WITH YOU AGAIN in optional dialogues
>Sometimes it isn't clear which dialogue choices do this
>Sometimes it isn't even clear when your companion is offended and won't speak with you again
>Game is over 15-20+ hours sometimes

I loved this game but goddamnit if I wasn't pissed off when I ended up murdering 3/4 of my party because apparently I didn't corrupt them, or accidentally told them to stfu and never even got the chance to corrupt them.
>>
>>321744268
Could've been a specific bug in just my case, but PC was the first time I ever played it, and I checked with them regularly. Went closed-fist, and the old fella refused to teach me until I was almost completely done with the Assassin Training Grounds and my karma was full-red.
>>
>>321744497
Maybe. The wiki (which, since it's a wiki its information can't be relied on 100%), says that "about halfway between the middle and the very top, or '75%' of the bar" is what's required in order to learn the Open Palm style. Conversely, the Closed Fist style says it is "only available to those who are over 50% Way of the Closed Fist".

However, the page for the person who teaches you the style claims that you'll only be taught the style "when their morality meter is as Closed Fisted as the player can get." So I don't remember which it is, though it should be mentioned that I remember using the style in the arena in the Imperial City.
>>
>>321744406

I never had any huge problems with the corruption or figuring out what the correct choices were, but I'm fairly sure if you go closed fist you have to mindslave most of the party anyway. You can only corrupt a few of them.

Or maybe I'm wrong, it's been a long time.
>>
>>321735860
>could you people please play a roleplaying game for me? thx
>>
>>321744942
I ended up mindslaving 3, however if you choose to keep the water-dragon bound, she frees all your mindslaves to fight you, AND one of the ones who even was on your side previously draws the line there and fights against you as well. Meaning I lost 4 party members in one fel swoop at the end of the game.
>>
>>321744942
I'm pretty sure the only one you can't turn evil is Sky. You can make him a bit of a dick, but I'm almost certain that if you do the big evil dick move at the end, he always disagrees.
>>
File: Jade-Empire-Special-Edition-2.jpg (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Jade-Empire-Special-Edition-2.jpg
37 KB, 250x250
Which player character is your favorite?
>>
>>321745582
That one for males.

Asian titty goddess for females.
>>
>At least on PC
Whats different about the PC version compared to the xbox special edition?
>>
File: 1369297626859.jpg (135 KB, 713x476) Image search: [Google]
1369297626859.jpg
135 KB, 713x476
>>321745582

The tattoo'd guy, Kang I think.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.