[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nintendo keep forcing Fire Emblem down our throats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
File: fire-emblem.jpg (68 KB, 512x336) Image search: [Google]
fire-emblem.jpg
68 KB, 512x336
>>
Because they want to see if this somewhat niche series can become more popular and do the same thing with Metroid and F-Zero
>>
>>321727660
Intelligent Systems made TTYD and FE, what's the gripe about a company plugging itself?
>>
>>321727660
Nintendo always forced things they liked without caring what their fans want. Why do you think they love pushing 3D Mario on us while 2D Mario gets more NSBM rehashes?
>>
As much as hate Fire Emblem, why wouldnt they? I mean that would be like them not promoting Zelda games in Mario and vice versa. It would be foolish of them not to.
>>
http://legendsoflocalization.com/legit-translation-or-clever-fire-emblem-advertisement/

Got to love NoA and they're awesome memetastic localizations!
>>
Because that's the only franchise they care to push. You want Metroid, F-Zero, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade, and any other non-Mario game to get actual effort into the games and marketing? Fuck you buy more happy meal toys.
>>
>>321727660
I hope this isn't serious. That's a years old reference and IS made Fire Emblem and TTYD.
>>
>>321728128
Their localizations ROCK MY SOCKS.
>>
>advertising a niche strategy RPG for its first debut outside of Japan is bad
>>
>>321728895
>I support in-game advertisements
>>
You dumb fucks. It's because if Fire Emblem dies then Intelligent Systems dies. FE is like the Kirby series for HAL. It's also a 25 year investment that never really paid off until recently.
>>
Advertising isn't wrong, doing it in other games is.
Paper Mario was a pretty neat game that was surprisingly immersive.
But modern Nintendo are batshit.
>>
>>321729048
>It's because if Fire Emblem dies then Intelligent Systems dies.
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
IS haven't stopped putting out a game a year since '99.
Nintendo aren't going to kill off one of their slave studios because one now shit series dies.
>>
First it was you faggots bringing TTYD back up from its peaceful slumber to argue about gender politics over Vivian, and now this.

SPM and SS have already dropped a load on its tombstone, can't you give it a fucking rest already?
>>
>>321728128
>article admits he read this toad's diologue box and went to buy FE

welp shit works.

Not like kids were gonna buy Super Mario bros on the NES at that time.
>>
>>321728106
The entire franchise has only sold 10million

No one wants it
>>
>>321729053
Smash Bros is in essence a big ad for all kinds of franchises and products.
>>
File: 1436158102678.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1436158102678.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
Best partners.
>>
>>321729371
it only picked up when they added romancing and waifus instead of boring stories of swords and dynasties.

to think the series coulda been dead and Corrin on the wayside from smash. but nope. Waifus.
>>
>>321729469
SB is an exclusion because it doesn't really have a story or world to break immersion. Because its made up of all its collective characters and their worlds via the stages.
But advertising a series like FE in a game like PM is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>321729371
The best selling FE hasn't even broken 2 million yet
>>
>>321729270
But SPM was good despite not being an RPG.

Admittedly not as good as either of its predecessors, but don't lump it in with SS. That's just insulting.
>>
>>321729706
embarrassing and shameless, sure.

but the whole point IS to sell video games.
>>
>>321729824
And the fact they've had to stoop that low just shows the current state of Nintendo.

Oh well. Metroid Kirby died years ago so I don't really mind.
>>
It's nothing compared to the Mercedes shit in Mario Kart and Mario Maker.
>>
>>321729816
Stop thinking that because two things are lumped together it's implied they're of equal value.

And no, SPM was not good. An above average villian story does not redeem tedious gameplay constantly interrupted with dialog and cutscenes, endless instances of filler and general time wasters (why the fuck do you need to beat the Flop pit twice to fight its boss?), Characters & Pixls being a step down in terms of partners and the other things they replace, atrocious hub world, and it's many other faults.

I'd rather play Sticker Star again than SPM again.
>>
>>321729982
>kirby died years ago
was this before, or after two of the best games in the series came out? Return to Dream Land was the sequel to Superstar everybody wanted, and Triple Deluxe was great as well.

and Metroid had ONE mediocre game some years ago, after a period of great games like boom boom boom. It went dormant before, it is doing so again. Stop being a fuck.
>>
>>321730204
absolutely gotta agree with this.

there is no reason to put real world cars in mario except to hope some people will go to their dealers to get the Mercedes Benz GLA for $32,500.

The majority of Mario's Target audience isn't interested in SUVs.
>>
>>321728884
It's /v/.

They'll believe anything if it'll cause them to be pissed
>>
>>321730384
>Triple Deluxe was great as well.
eh
>dormant
Nintendo has no plans to wake it up obviously after the Federation Force bullshit.
>>
>>321729982
>Kirby died years ago

Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe were by the book and they were still great games. Shame Nintendo forces HAL to work on Kirby 24/7 now.
>>
>>321730250
>Characters & Pixls being a step down in terms of partners and the other things they replace, atrocious hub world

The only real problem I had with SPM. The gameplay was not tedious, and I didn't feel like the dialog was ever an interruption considering it's the same old humorous, lighthearted dialogue I had come to expect from a Paper Mario game. The gameplay itself, while not resembling RPG mechanics in any way outside of items and HP, was still a pretty fun twist on traditional platforming and a few uses of the flip mechanic combined with the various pixl abilities throughout the game actually made me go "whoa".

If you'd stop measuring it up to TTYD inch for inch, you might realize it's actually a pretty solid entry in the series.
>>
>>321727660
It's nice to see Nintendo push something niche, but with FE it's getting stupid, especially in Smash.

Marth and Roy being in Melee helped FE a lot, but the reaction to Corrin was "another Fire Emblem character? Really?" There's nothing else Smash can do for FE, and FE characters don't draw people to Smash like Mario or Link do. A different series needs that push.
>>
>>321731189
Nintendo wants to sell FE14 copies so putting Corrin in makes marketing sense. unlike some of the other heavy requests, Nintendo saw demand from Japanese who played the game and saw an opportunity.
>>
>>321731657
New games need to be promoted, yes. But FE already had 5 characters at the time. That's not enough? People were getting tired of seeing a FE before Corrin happened.

Why couldn't Star Fox get a new character? There's an upcoming Star Fox game, and it needs promotion.
>>
>>321732214
What new Star Fox character is there to promote?
>>
>>321732214
Marth, Roy and Ike are now stars of old games. And Robin and Lucina are being put with them as Corrin comes as the new FE brand hero.

I agree we shoulda seen some kind of Star Fox Zero promo but I'm not a fan of the Furries, personally. Maybe a stage since Wolf ain't comin.
>>
File: ThortonReedMocks.webm (238 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ThortonReedMocks.webm
238 KB, 640x480
>>321727760
>Nintendo trying with franchises that don't instantly drown them in $$$
>>
As a hardcore FE fan I am even surprised at the amount of support it has received in the smash series.

That being said, I am almost done the dark kingdom campaign on my Japanese 3DS and I have to say the game is easily better than awakening which was fairly popular, so Kamui won't be seen as a crazy addition in the long run.
>>
You guys do realize that this was back when just the first few FE games were out in NA right? It wasn't even popular at that time.
>>
>>321733274
it's no secret Sakurai is a FE nerd though. his choice to include them in Melee pretty much gave Nintendo the go ahead even though nothing was preventing them from releasing the shit long ago, except that americans found anime faces weird.
>>
>>321733471
Don't get me wrong, it's very apparent Sakurai was pushing the franchise when it came to Melee. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite series, but hell, if it wasn't for that, I would have never found out about the series in the first place.
>>
>>321727660
>literally paying money to get AD-filled games
Ninyerdards, everyone.
>>
>>321732643
What is Splatoon?
>>
>>321733721
I was happy that we were getting FEs because it meant, for a time, we got Advance Wars games.

What happened to that? I miss that shit.
>>
>>321733471
As big of a fan as he is I'm really surprised that he called Awakening the definitive FE game.
>>
>>321734000
yeah Sakurai's a Hack, what else is new

also I check'em.
>>
>>321727660
Because the Japanese allied with the GNAZIS

Also I like Fire Emblem
>>
Shit like this proves that Nintendobabies will eat any and all shit that nintendo decides to defecate insides their mouths. Nintendoyearolds are nothing but pathetic dick sucking fucks with no real taste in games and are so fucking delusional to the fact that their precious company is a piece of shit that doesn't give a fuck about their fans and will be going bankrupt any minute now.
>>
>>321734000
lel what was he supposed to say? this new game that i'm shilling for nintendo is okay but i actually prefer shadow dragon?
>>
>>321733471
I know a lot of people joke about this, but I'm very sure that Sakurai was definitely a big fan of the series even before the first Super Smash Bros. He wanted Marth to be a part of the first roster in the series, Fire Emblem is the only series post-64 to get two characters in the first Smash game it provides characters to, one of the first characters from the series was a clone character from an unreleased game, Meta Knight (Sakurai's favourtie character) fights alongside Marth and Ike in the Subspace Emissary, four Fire Emblem characters made it into Smash 4 at launch, Lucina is a clone of Marth, Roy returned as a DLC semi-clone of Marth, Corrin is coming as the only DLC Nintendo newcomer, Aqua's song and a remix of it will be added to the existing Fire Emblem stages in Smash Wii U (the only case of this happening), etc. Some of this can be argued over, but there is a lot of it to debunk as a product of Sakurai's love for the series.
>>
>>321733812
special exception, they appealed to pedophiliac lust to ensure Splatoon would sell lods of copee
>>
>>321734579
nevermind there's a solid game behind it. it's all memes and lolis, right?
>>
>>321734676
There really isn't though. Splatoon would have flopped violently if it didn't carry that brand.
>>
File: Business Suit Samus.jpg (150 KB, 1170x1644) Image search: [Google]
Business Suit Samus.jpg
150 KB, 1170x1644
>>321730384
>It went dormant before
I'm gonna interject here for a moment
I see people bring up the whole "it went dormant before" argument many times, but I think that argument is a total load of bullshit. Everybody who says it completely ignores the fact that the circumstances between the break after SM and the current break are completely different.
Super Metroid is arguably the best Metroid game ever, and in some people's eyes it's one of the best games ever made. The SNES-N64 era was Nintendo's highest point and all of its franchises were at their best and brightest during that period. The reasoning behind that period of dormancy is that they legitimately did not think that they could even top Super Metroid, and didn't want to attempt to surpass it in the fears of producing a comparative letdown.
Fast forward to today and what are the circumstances now? The last Metroid game was indisputably the worst ever made and an insult to a very dedicated fanbase. The fans are utterly disillusioned with the franchise director who basically forgot everything that made Metroid good to begin with and wanted to make the new game anime bullshit. Nintendo has long-passed its prime and many older fans have dropped the company due to their excessive focus on gimmicks, money-grubbing schemes, the lack of effort put into their games (compared to before) and mistreatment (or outright abandonment) of several beloved franchises of old. And then Nintendo announces Federation Force, which after Other M, feels like anything but an attempt to restore the franchise to its former glory.
Metroid fans have every right to be worried right now if you ask me.
>>
>>321733812
>>321732643
They certainly had lower expectations of it despite all the ads.
Nintendo's reaction was of great surprise when Splatoon sold 1 million WW. Didn't expect that from a non-series title

To think. 3 million now and blowing FE away in sales
>>
>>321729613
Except neither is Bobbery. Or Vivian.
>>
>>321734476
Also, the concert. That's a very strong wall that you'll need a very strong weapon to knock down to prove Sakurai isn't a big Fire Emblem fan.

>>321733827
It didn't awaken like Fire Emblem did unfortunately. Maybe Intelligent Systems will mess with the series again in the somewhat near future, but don't expect it like it's a prophecy.

>>321734000
That's a good point, but it's his opinion. I may not agree with it, but if he truly loves Awakening above any other Fire Emblem game then so be it. On another hand, perhaps it isn't his personal favourite but rather the one he sees as the best example of the series (an odd possibility, but still one nonetheless). Also, >>321734440.
>>
>>321734786
i dunno what you mean? You didn't like game so game flopped? it don't work like that.

for a Wii u game it was a success and as a brand it's one made this year. it isn't a Mario, the only Mario references is the stray blooper.
>>
>>321734786
>Splatoon would have flopped violently if it didn't appel to pedos.
So no one actually likes the game, but they only like the little squid girls?
>>
They believe it has a chance because they because since people in the west go retarded for Game of Thrones, Nintendo thinks they can grab that audience.

But the game doesn't have enough edgedark.
>>
>>321734897
Sakamoto is still in charge of Metroid and Federation Force will probably get a new rep in Smash 5. Might as well go kill yourselves if you like the old Metroid games.
>>
>>321735180
Best taste here, but I really like the Yoshi Kid and Koops a lot as well.
>>
>>321735231
I thought his rationale was bit off here's what he said:
>Sakurai: I really like it. When Awakening came out, I thought, this is the definitive Fire Emblem game. Until now, I’d felt every game in the series was especially good at one thing, but was lacking in another, was missing a piece, but Awakening had really good balance, or how do I say it– I thought this game was perfection, that it just felt really complete.
But like you said it's his opinion.
>>
>>321734330
You must be trollin'. You seen reports from Sony and Microsoft's gaming divisions? Abbysmal. Sony is bleeding profusely from every orifice. Meanwhile Nintendo can sell an infinite number of amiibo. They're pure profit. Nintendo doesn't make games, friend, they make toys. Always have.
>>
>>321735384
Don't mind him, he's been dodging that bag of dicks and crows for months.
>>
>>321735384
It's a fun game, but yeah having loli/shot squid people helps.
>>
>>321735414
There's really no "bad" partners in TTYD. Cept maybe Flurrie. I don't know anybody who bothers with her. And Ms. Mowz is just too late to the party.
>>
>>321735180
the fact Vivian used to be a tranny, now CIS should piss off the twitter SJWs today.

i can't personally accept Vivian as a guy because there's two offical fuckin canons.
>>
>>321735525
Marketing
>>
>>321735597
There's enough fanart out there of Vivian with tits and a vagoo for me to not care about Jap canon.
>>
>>321735401
we didn't get a Other M rep and we won't get a Fed Force Rep in 5

because Nintendo lost touch with the gamers and Sakamoto is horrible when in control of Metroid.
>>
>>321735690
yeah

by western artists

it's very hit and miss
>>
>>321736004
All I know is enough of them hit.
>>
I don't get why people get so worked up over it

Goku is a goody two shoes that gives speeches about justice, lets people go(vegeta), but does love fighting in America and everyone loves him

Goku is a good guy that does the right thing after some character growth, but primarily is all about fighting stronger opponents to get high off of fighting in japan.

Why can't Vivian be both? Clearly people love the character regardless of origin.
>>
>>321735595
Bobbery=Vivian>Yoshi Kid>Koops>Goombella>Flurrie=Ms. Mowz
>>
>>321736567
I think I can agree with this.
>>
File: StupidComments.webm (208 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
StupidComments.webm
208 KB, 960x540
>>321733812
The first entry in a franchise hence they're throwing all their resources at it hoping it'll turn into a cashcow aka not disproving my point?
>>
>>321728884
shhhhhhhh

Repeat after me: censorship, fuck NoA, muh memes, muh bikini slider
>>
>>321731167
>If you'd stop measuring it up to TTYD inch for inch
Not him but it's really Nintendo's fault for calling it a Paper Mario game. Personally it's not a bad game but after Paper Mario which was really fun if a bit flawed and TTYD which was down right amazing SPM felt like they wanted to get away from the RPG stuff and make it just an action game. Which really hurt the overall game in a lot of ways. Also the only thing that really saved it was the boss story and a few funny moments. But even those didn't come close to the different moments the other games had.
>>
>>321735401
Kind of. Sakamoto is in charge of the main series. Basically all Metroid not done by Retro. Federation Force is Retro so he doesn't really have much say in that. But I'm guessing Nintendo is scared of any backlash with Metroid again after Other M. And because it's a Japanese company they can't just remove Sakamoto from being in charge of Metroid.
>>
File: bait1.png (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait1.png
40 KB, 625x626
>>321730250
>I'd rather play Sticker Star again than SPM again.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.