[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If this had not be named Star Wars: Battlefront and been advertised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 840x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 840x400
If this had not be named Star Wars: Battlefront and been advertised as what is, a fairly fun casual shooter with good graphics and sound, would most of the shit it got have been avoided?
>>
No.
>>
>>321719757
nope, it still has the word star wars in the title, and most star wars fans said to avoid the game due to how little EA cared about being accurate. Their normie friends heard that nerds did not like it and most avoided buying it as well.

Want to know how to make it succeed? EA just had to actually care about making a star wars game. You can make a shit star wars game but when it ignores accuracy no one will buy it
>>
If you name yourself after a franchise that is so highly regarded and you don't even attempt to live up to that then of course you're going to get a shit ton of backlash.
Imagine if they brought back Star War Republic Commando but had it made by Gearbox.
>>
>>321719757
No, because it was still generic as hell and slapping the Star Wars brand on it doesn't change the generic gameplay. Make a game that's actually interesting and not safe paint-by-numbers bullshit designed by a committee of marketing suits.
>>
I actually liked this game, its repetitive but quite fun
>>
>>321720075
>I literally didn't read the OP: the post
>>
>>321719757
At $60, no. Not enough content. Would probably get picked up on sales though
>>
>>321720260
It's 40 bucks at most places. It was so shit most retailers dropped their expectations AND prices
>>
Yes, since without the star wars branding no one would be talking about it.
>>
Battlefront is pretty damn fun though

I wish the dlc was less than $50, that's crazy expensive.
>>
>>321720163
and if it was actually star wars, how does a company miss the point of hoth so hard?
>>
File: 1367961850106.png (444 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1367961850106.png
444 KB, 444x444
Its fun on a general run around and shoot shit level. When you get to the higher levels it gets extremely frustrating because you encounter some bullshit loadouts that make you want to quit playing. This game should have had a class system instead of a loadout system.
>>
>>321719757
>fairly fun casual shooter
>costs $120

don't kid yourself. EA doing the exact same jewing for 5 years straight is why it's hated. Yes it looks good. Yes it's an acceptable, if a bit underhwelming game.

But it sure as fuck is not worth the price.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 469x505
>>321722028
>it's a rebel with pulse rifle and homing shot who doesnt activate uplinks and doesn't shoot at walkers episode
>>
>>321719757
Why the fuck they didn't put iron sights in a modern FPS that was the main reason I didn't buy it
>>
>>321722526
Pretty much the entire team is just going for that KDR and people only happen to do the objective if they run into eachother.
>>
>>321719757
You mean if it wasn't a star wars game?
>>
As much as I love the original trilogy I really loved how you could play as clones and droids in the older battlefronts. Also the entire class system and vehicle system was 20x better. It's a shame too, Battlefront has phenomenal graphics and audio. Such a waste.
>>
I was just a associate translator at EA and you'll be surprised by how much shit got stripped out of the game to be sold as DLC.

To my recollection the Dark Trooper and Chewbacca were supposed to be 4th hero characters released with the game and they were cut to be added in the first expansion.
>>
>>321722736
>2015
>not having a 60% w:l and 3+ k/d
When will casuals realize the best way to pad stats is by actually playing the objective?
>>
>>321719757
>never go to play as finn, rey, poe or kylo
EA not have rights to these characters? because it just seems like a retarded move on their part to not include the new characters in a later DLC.
>>
File: thebest.png (105 KB, 371x524) Image search: [Google]
thebest.png
105 KB, 371x524
>>321723097
I dunno you tell me
>>
>>321719757
Without the Star Wars name there would have been no AAA graphics and sound. It would have just been a shallow f2p tier game.
>>
why would someone pay money for what is essentially a demo? any amount of money let alone $1000 or whatever it is
>>
>>321722993
dark trooper should be a class if anything not a hero/villain character, that sounds retarded
>>
>>321719757
I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people complaining about it never even played BFII let alone the first one.
>>
>>321719757
Any OK players on PS4 tonight? I keep getting the laziest partners in walker assault.

My last match was in the Jundland Wastes and my partner just sat in the back of spawn sniping. Every time I spawned I had to run a fucking mile because this goober never budged. He played the entire match and ended with with about 500 points. I'll never understand these people.

Can we get another partner mid-match?
>>
File: 1394659651196.jpg (128 KB, 565x860) Image search: [Google]
1394659651196.jpg
128 KB, 565x860
>>321719757
Look at it from the angle of Star Wars games and it gets interesting in terms of console generations:

PS2/Xbox/GameCube era:

Episode 1: Starfighter (2001)
Obi-Wan (2001)
Rogue Leader (2001)
Jedi Starfighter (2002)
Bounty Hunter (2002)
The Clone Wars (2002)
Jedi Outcast (2002)
Jedi Academy (2003)
Knights of the Old Republic I (2003)
Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (2003)
Galaxies: An Empire Divided
Battlefront I (2004)
Battlefront II (2005)
Knights of the Old Republic II (2005)
Republic Commandos (2005)
Revenge of the Sith (2005)

GAP

2015:

>Battlefront EA

What went wrong?
>>
>>321728363
>Galaxies: An Empire Divided
Didn't meant to include that.
>>
>>321719757
Of course. Cause nobody would had bought it.
>>
File: cmanorev21.png (119 KB, 620x321) Image search: [Google]
cmanorev21.png
119 KB, 620x321
>If this had not be named Star Wars: Battlefront and been advertised as what is

it'd be another MP shooter in a sea of other MP shooters vying for COD's crown. No one would notice it if not for the Star Wars logo.
>>
>>321722028
Bowcaster and fucking jet pack man
>>
One of the criticisms I liked was that it's too casual even for the BF/CoD audience. Normies like casual FPS games they can play with their friends, but will get pissed if the game becomes too easy or P2W. Battlefront would have failed if it didn't say Star Wars, it's a shitty AAA FPS.
>>
>>321719757

absolutely not, a game with this much content should be one of those free games with a cosmetic cash shop or some other bullshit you optionally pay for
>>
>>321723286
I thought I was pretty good but damn, son.
>>
What blaster should I use?
>>
>>321719757
No you dumb fucking cunt, it would still be a dogshit game.

You can spray perfume on shit but it still will be shit
>>
Still way to expensive for what you get. If they would have made a fun single player campaign or something. But nope.
>>
>>321730621
E-11 is the goat tbqhfam
>>
I don't know, OP.

Present a game that you feel operates similar that isn't Star Wars and we will compare and contrast the two, correlating the reception depending on how similar they are.
>>
>>321731027
I don't know, I usually lose the long or short-range firefights.
>>
>>321719997
>If this had not be named Star Wars: Battlefront

>nope, it still has the word star wars in it

didnt graduate high school?
>>
>>321731681
>didnt
did you?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.