[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at 10% completion and almost 30 hours into the game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: Konamiblog-news-image-mgs-tpp.jpg (103 KB, 904x507) Image search: [Google]
Konamiblog-news-image-mgs-tpp.jpg
103 KB, 904x507
I'm at 10% completion and almost 30 hours into the game.

What was /v/'s complaint with this again? It's fun as fuck so far.
>>
You will see.
>>
>>321685735
I put around 185 hours to it, enjoyed it at first.
It's the ending / endgame that will probably disappoint you too. If you don't wanna get spoiled, just leave now.
>>
>>321685735
>so far.

Keep playing and finish it before giving your opinion
>>
>>321685735
You had to be here to be part of the complaining hivemind. If you¡'re having fun then go and have fun. Hanging out with these idiots can only ruin your enjoyment of the game.
>>
At first it's great, but then, it hits you. And then it's over.
>>
You can get a couple tens of hours of fun, so it's worth playing. You will realize how repetitive and shallow it is.
>>
I'm at 100% completion and almost 300 hours into the game.

What has /v/ been complaining about this again? It has been a wild ride.
>>
>>321686189
So the ending makes up what, 5 hours or so I'm guessing?

And because those are lackluster it means the whole game's 40 other hours are shit too?

Nice logic.
>>
>>321686515
>What has /v/ been complaining about this again?
Unfinished story, repetitive mission structure, generally boring level design, dumb AI, and no real bosses. This was also after the trailers which specifically set up a lot of scenes in the story to appear a lot more interesting than it actually is, and the fact that all the trailers featured scenes practically every cutscene in the game.
>>
>>321686389
>You will realize how repetitive and shallow it is.

Honestly if I get 30 hours of fun out of a regular priced game I don't mark it a shit game in my book even if the next 30 hours are repetitive shit.
>>
People loved the first 20 to 30 hours or so, then it hits them the rest of the game is mediocre as fuck
>>
File: who.jpg (80 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
80 KB, 454x340
>>321685735
>>
>>321687081
cant deny those but it didnt stop me from enjoying it
>>
>>321687149
At what episode is this and without spoiling, what happens that makes it terrible?
>>
>>321687081
>IV comes out

/v/ bitches it has too many cutscenes, not enough gameplay, and the story is too confusing

>Hideo responds with V

>almost no cutscenes, all expository dialogue delivered via cassettes (something I loathed in Piss Walker, thanks guys)
>all gameplay, with an eternal sandbox of replayable missions, base building, etc.
>story is stripped down to its very core

/v/ bitches because there aren't enough cutscenes and story

Fags.
>>
>>321687246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkOwsqVbl1g
after watching this the hype was off the charts then they ran out of money and time so they "cut some corners"
>>
>>321687212
I enjoyed it too, but it definitely has its flaws.
>>
>>321687554
The problem wasn't a lack of cutscenes, it was that almost all the key scenes from every single cutscene was already shown in trailers. Also the core gameplay they cut it down to is worse than the core gameplay of the other games in terms of AI and level design.
>>
Literally only the prologue was good. This game is fucking shit.
>>
>>321685735
>10 hours
>30%

For one thing, pacing is a major issue.
>>
>>321688304
>the core gameplay they cut it down to is worse than the core gameplay of the other games in terms of AI and level design.

Wat?

How? Give some examples.

MGS4 was easy as FUCK, the AI dumb as shit, how is V not vastly superior in every way?
>>
>>321688323
The prologue is the worst part though in terms of gameplay. It set up a lot of cool shit that ended up being disappointing I'll give it that.
>>
>>321687003
Only played the first part of the game and is telling people who have finished it what to think.

NICE LOGIC
>>
>>321688418
Well clearly you didn't play 4 on any difficulty worth a damn, but the AI is definitely far smarter than it is in V. They'll actually go investigate if they think they see something for one, and the level design is actually set up for the AI to have a chance at catching instead of being so arbitrarily open that you can easily slink away and escape even if you get caught.
>>
>>321687824
>that chicken hat
literally DSP-tier

I agree. The ending to chapter 1 was great and I thought I could expect the same and more from chapter 2. Oh well
>>
/v/ isn't a hive mind. The opinions on this game are very polarizing. Either love it or hate. I love the actual main missions, but the side ops are cookie cutter rinse and repeat, they get tedious real fast, and the ending just happens out of no where. But besides these complaints I still had fun. Doesn't help the game much what with it's hellish production and konami going full retard and releasing a unfinished product just to make a quick dime.
>>
>>321685735
The game is great until you get to the point where Konami made KojiPro stop working on it.

I'd say it's a 9/10 game regardless, but it feels distinctly incomplete, and will always be incomplete.
>>
It's enjoyable, but I really hate to admit that Ground Zeroes actually had a more engaging plot in it's two hours of gameplay than TPP had in its entirety
TPP is leagues better in terms of gameplay though
>>
It's a great game with some major flaws.

Not everything is shit or perfect you spergs.
>>
>>321687554
Both games were bad for opposite reasons

3 was the last good MGS
>>
Wait till you have to replay the older missions on harder difficulties and do a zillion of the same side ops to complete all 150.
>>
>>321686181
>>321686285
>>321686337

This. Juuuust wait
>>
>>321689652
You mean 2.

MGS is my favorite franchise of all time but anybody who enjoyed any of the games past the second deserves a bullet to the head.
>>
>>321685735
Man, I remember when I said that........
>>
>>321685735
so after you reaches like 70% at 200 hours you going to realize that you are still having fun

and that going to make you hate the game
>>
>>321689779
"Have to" is a bit strong.

I mean, if you're gunning to marathon grind 100% completion you'll probably have a bad time. You don't have to do all the replay missions to get the ending, though, and side ops are optional.
>>
MGSV is the best MGS game ever, best story and best gameplay

Fuck /v/
>>
>>321689779
>have to
>>
>>321689872
Wow, that's some edgy shit, anon. You must be a really cool dude.
>>
>>321690278
Yeah, fuck /v/, since it's obviously a bunch of casuals and spics shitting on the game. Really, it is like that.
>>
>>321690115
How on earth do you take that long? I got to 90% at about 105 hours before I got completely sick of it.
>>
File: revving intensifies.gif (533 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
revving intensifies.gif
533 KB, 500x314
>tfw having a nuke means that you're constantly invading and get to defend your base 24/7
>>
File: balloons.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
balloons.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
>>321685735
I mean if you like balloons you will love it to the very end. The problem arise after you extract the guy number 500 and you begin to realise how repetitive the game is. you gonna extract him?
>>
>>321690668
i want to have every gun in the game

and a army only made of waifus
>>
>>321690694
Let's be real, the fob mechanic is so ducking shit. Forget how shitty the AI is; the whole "the entire user base dictates whether you'll get nuclear disarmament or not" is bullshit

It should've been dependent on how many you personally disarm. This is such a horrible mechanic; how Kojima thought this would be a good idea is beyond me
>>
File: 1449868366762.jpg (418 KB, 1536x960) Image search: [Google]
1449868366762.jpg
418 KB, 1536x960
>>321689872
MGS2fags are the worst. 1, 2, and 3 are all great, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>321690965
>the whole "the entire user base dictates whether you'll get nuclear disarmament or not" is bullshit

It's especially terrible on PC because there's no built-in anti-cheat measures to prevent people from using CE to give themselves nukes. I would know because that's what I do if I ever lose a nuke.
>>
>>321690965
Kojima has plenty of great ideas, but just as many terrible ones. Remember that he originally wanted the boss fight with The End to last a literal week in real-time before he was told by everyone else at KojiPro that it'd be borderline impossible?
>>
>>321685735
David Hayter wasn't in it. I've decided that I'm not going to acknowledge anything beyond MGS4.
>>
>>321691064
1 and 2 are great. 3 is capeshit level pleb pandering that was about 5 steps backwards for the series.
>>
>>321685735
I love the game but the ending feels incomplete without that lost final chapter/mission. Also missing was the series' signature cast of a team of crazy bosses like foxhound in MGS1 or the BnBs in MGS4.
>>
>>321691238
Kojima was going nuts with V for sure, replacing him was one of the dumbest decisions he made.

However, Hayter was getting shit - he was doing the Old Snake voice in Piss Walker for example.

So I'm not happy with either option. Kiefer wasn't terrible but the change feels uncomfortable.
>>
>>321685735
It's isn't a bad game it just gets repetitive. Especially with side ops. The story is also absolute shit. It's still better than Peace Walker.
>>
>>321691503
They originally went after Kurt Russell for obvious reasons, but Konami wouldn't meet his wage demands.
>>
>>321691287
It has better bosses, more varied environments, less backtracking, is longer in general and longer segments of uninterrupted gameplay from cutscenes than the previous 2 games. But I suppose all these improvements are lost on you because your a MGS2fag that will defend the repetitive environments and sitting in codecs for hours listening to AI ramble on about internet because it was a "postmodern masterpiece" with like 5 hours of gameplay.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>321687003
A bad ending can have a surprisingly negative overall effect on an otherwise decent game.
>>
>>321691398
I don't mind the toned down bosses because the supernatural shit bothers me to no end starting with 2.

I was cool with all the 1 stuff because it was believable in a videogame world, but after that it went full retard as you all know.

One thing V is missing is a good cast though. Miller and Ocelot aren't enough of the old crew to make it feel like MGS to me. The new characters like Quiet are shit to me. Where the fuck is Campbell?

All in all I hope Konami remake MG1 and 2 so I can get Solid Snake back with the V engine, that would be cash.
>>
>>321691503

Listening to Snake, Ocelot and Miller drone on in the cassette tapes I couldn't tell them apart
>>
>>321692169
I think Miller is really good, but he can't carry the whole game's crew on his own and Ocelot is boring as hell.
>>
>>321692248
I have trouble telling Ocelot and Miller apart too. I don't know why.

The guy instructing you on your missions is Miller, right? I genuinely don't know who's talking to me.
>>
I got over 200 hours over 2 playthroughs, definitely worth the money
>>
>>321692286
Yea. Miller is good, don't get me wrong. He's not quite an Otacon but Otacon has games and games of backstory that stuck with everyone who played MGS1 back then.
>>
File: 1425777531401.png (247 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1425777531401.png
247 KB, 640x640
>>321685735
i feel nothing but pity

i know this feel, i was so excited as well, i was so fucking excited when "CHAPTER TWO' intro started rolling like beginning of new exciting adventure that could easily slap "MGS" title for this game after pretty underwhelming chapter one

but nope
i'm so sorry for you anon
>>
>>321692169
Campbell's entire character was retired after his Japanese VA, who was a good friend on Kojima's, died a few years ago.
>>
>>321693321
That's retarded as fuck and I'm glad Kojishit left because the next, inevitable Solid Snake prequels would be shit without Campbell.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.