[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: MetroidPrimebox.jpg (45 KB, 320x445) Image search: [Google]
MetroidPrimebox.jpg
45 KB, 320x445
find a flaw
>>
The backtracking at the end the definition of a slog.

Playing through Echoes right now. Was having so much fun until yet again I was met with another backtracking scavenger hunt at the end.
>>
Phendrana Drifts wasn't the soundtrack to every map.
>>
>>321684364
Phazon Mines is boring as shit
>>
The controls are ass and there should be an option to use the C-stick to look around
>>
Too easy.

Maybe it's because I played this game to 100% completion multiple times, but even on Hard mode, this game doesn't give much challenge.

Definitely fixed that in the sequel. Boost Guardian always gets me at least once per playthrough.
>>
It was on a console that flopped.
>>
Nintendo
>>
>>321684364
Backtracking at the end for the artefacts. Both sequels with this problem as well.
>>
>>321684364
It's a shitty fps
>>
>backtracking at the end for the artifacts
>people didn't explore, leading to the discovery of the temple at the start of the game so that you had clues ASAP, and backtrack whenever you got a new gadget to check out that suspicious-looking wall you saw a level back

CHECK OUT THESE PLEBS
>>
>>321684364

Metroid Prime fight, both phases, were tedious.
>>
Final boss is kinda lame. Specifically the final form, what the fuck was that shit?
>>
>>321686090
i saw right through it that it was just trying to add artificial length to the game. skipped it.
>>
I hated the hints that the game tells you immediately after you get a new power up. Half the fun of progressing in Metroid games is getting a new weapon or movement option, then trying to remember all the stuff you saw in previous sections of the game that you can now get past. In Prime, they just do it for you.
>>
>>321684364
Slow movement, lack of mobility, lack of weapon combinations, using the name Metroid, console FPS - though improved with the wii slightly. Terrible plot writing. Uninteresting fights. Locked ghost room. Scanning was retarded and slowed shit down. Mostly bad music.
>>
>>321686995
You could turn help off
>>
>>321686995
>not going through the options when you start any game
>not seeing you could turn them off
>>
>>321684893
Fuck you that was the creepiest area of the game
>>
>>321688217
That's like saying it's also the most cheerful area of the game. Since none of the areas were creepy and none of them were cheerful it's kind of a meaningless statement.
>>
>>321684364
I got bored really quickly. Pretty major flaw.

Great fucking soundtrack though.
>>
controls were shitty
>>
>>321685524
the melee fags will disagree with this
>>
>>321684364
The settings were a bit stock. Fire world, Ice world, Plant world...
>>
It was so successful that Sakamoto in his idiocy tried to rip it off in Other M's missile and Where's Ridley segments.
>>
Combat is really bad.
>>
>>321685250
Do it without space jump next time.
>>
>>321684639
>>321685935
>>321686090

They really needed to make it obvious from the start that you were supposed to be looking for the artifacts. My first run through, and every time after that, I collect artifacts as soon as a can, usually by doing a backtrack through a region to get a bunch of other pickups. It makes the game much better.

People who leave ever artifact until the end are getting a really bad experience.
>>
Impact Crater is a pretty lame-ass final level, it's like two rooms.
>>
File: 1449539039722.jpg (72 KB, 474x453) Image search: [Google]
1449539039722.jpg
72 KB, 474x453
>Metroid Prime Trilogy on eshop is dildo control only
>>
>>321692194
Metroid Prime Trilogy was a Wii Title.
>>
>>321692459
Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 are gamecube titles.

It's just a matter of mapping controls. MP3 is fucked p much
>>
Flamethrower is a useless piece of shit.
>>
>>321684364
the controls...

i would do anything for a competent control scheme in the prime trilogy.

but because they're so bad its borderline unplayable now.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.