[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know of any other games which were actually good but didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Nox_(video_game_-_box_art).jpg (34 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
Nox_(video_game_-_box_art).jpg
34 KB, 334x400
Do you know of any other games which were actually good but didn't succeed because of some other circumstances?

If this game hadn't been released the same time as Diablo II, it would have easily become a super popular game with a competitive scene, still played by thousands today. There would probably be successful f2p clones that would rival MOBAs in popularity (and unlike MOBAs, multiplayer Nox matches required high levels of skill).

Instead, this amazing game was forgotten and probably has not more than a dozen Russians and Nigerians playing it today.
>>
Wheel of Time the video game

Managed to do first person magic stuff with some decent tower defense mechanics while having an interesting story that fit the universe without having to be strangled by the canon. Only got overlooked because it came out close to System Shock 2 and a few other big 1999 releases, and could have opened up the floodgates to make it a bigger cultural hit than ASoIaF.
>>
>tfw didn't have internet flatrate yet when i got this
>never played it online
>>
File: oblivion.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
oblivion.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>321662485
best game ever
i replay it every goddamn year
>>
>>321662791
The singleplayer campaign was pretty good, too.

But for me, the PvP was outstanding, and this is coming from a massive (morbidly obese as well as fanatic) Diablo II fan. I never saw the appeal of PvP in D2.
>>
>>321663013
i also put thousands of hours into D2 without ever getting into pvp, it just wasn't the main appeal of the game. kinda suprised the pvp was popular at all considering how unbalanced it was.
>>
>>321663013

the skills they had were perfect for it but I was late to the party and never got to play mp
>>
File: nox_ad.jpg (344 KB, 1253x856) Image search: [Google]
nox_ad.jpg
344 KB, 1253x856
>>321662485
I played this with /v/ at some point. Fun times were had.
>>
what is more fun? Enslaving monsters or be the Mage?
>>
File: silver.png (208 KB, 330x419) Image search: [Google]
silver.png
208 KB, 330x419
This gem right here. It came to PC and Dreamcast (dead console), and PC players weren't used to the JRPG genre (and Diablo 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 came around the same time).
>>
>>321663520
warrior
>>
>>321663529
>Infogrames

RIP
>>
>>321663520
dude play all of them
the playstyle is unique and very different to each class, and the storyline is altered also, different shit goes down in each storyline
>>
>and unlike MOBAs, multiplayer Nox matches required high levels of skill

Excuse me, but Nox apparently came out in 2000. I doubt this Diablo clone requires more skill than Dota 2 or even LoL. Protip: Clicking is not a skill. 9/10 bait because you made me respond.
>>
>>321662485
hol up

i still got this laying around in my room
>>
File: deadhope.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
deadhope.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>321663808
>Nox
>Diablo clone
>Clicking
just leave this thread
>>
File: 5.jpg (74 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
74 KB, 500x464
does this count?
>>
>>321662485
/v/ used to play this a few years ago

What the fuck happened?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.