[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so universally praised? The beginning is great,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 2601413-1323159244-Dark-.jpg (488 KB, 1516x1758) Image search: [Google]
2601413-1323159244-Dark-.jpg
488 KB, 1516x1758
Why is this game so universally praised? The beginning is great, but the second half of it is utter shit.
>>
Because you're wrong.
>>
>muh second half
meme opinion
>>
>>321645932
Its good.
>>
>>321646050
>>321646329
>>321647659
>genuinely enjoying mediocre games because it's popular
This is some top tier brainwashing we're seeing here.
>>
MAKE ROOM FOR THE ENLIGHTENED
>>
>>321647760
>Not enjoying the best game ever made because it's popular
>>
>>321648090
>the best game ever made
It's been the consensus among gamers for the past 17 years that honor rightfully belongs to OoT.
>>
>>321648265
You see, people with actual brains know that OoT is fucking garbage. It's a bad game, and a bad zelda game, and it's aged like road kill that had bleach poured on it in the summer.

It wasn't good back then, it isn't good now.

For the love of god when will people realize how fucking bad it is? I know I'm just going to be called an egoraptor shill or some stupid fucking bullshit because of that video he put out; but I've had this opinion since I played the game when I was young, and when I was older.

Fuck OoT. I love Zelda, but fuck that game.
>>
>>321648438
It's not THAT bad. It is quite a good foray into 3D adventure games. And it's aged a hell of a lot better than most games from that era.
>>
>>321648265
But it's shit.
>>
>>321647760
its not mediocre and its not shit thats why its good
its not really an amazing game to say I.E its pretty short if you dont suck
but the ost and designs are great (best level desgin i have seen ever in a game) and the combat is not press X to kill the enemy
>>
>>321648438
OoT is a masterpiece, you moronic contrarian. Going against popular opinion just for the sake of it doesn't make you any more individualistic, it just makes you look like an edgy fedorawearing hipster.
>>
>>321648627
>best level desgin i have seen ever in a game
You must not have played a lot of games then.
>>
>>321648764
Just like OP.
>>
>>321645932

The second half isn't that bad, only real downside in the game is the last boss, but I'll accept the "he's weak now and that's the point" excuse. Most people don't finish their games though, reviewers included. People play for long enough to form an opinion and stick to that. There's plenty of people who play something for a bit, something else comes up, and they either read up on it or watch a letsplay to see the rest, and base their opinion based on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 600x846
>>321648764
Get with the times gramps it's Mario Galaxy
>>
>>321648841
are an idiot?
the level is desgin and the way every thing connect is fucking amazing
>>
>>321648882
Popular opinion of DaS is that it's hard, not that it's good.
>>
>>321649105
>the level is desgin and the way every thing connect
You mean how a Metroidvania style game should be? The bare minimum of effort isn't worth calling amazing.
>>
>>321649268
what does it have to do with the fact you need back tracking alot of games have back tracking but the map it self has dead ends (like every single metroid) Das 1 map desing is fucking brilliant and i dont give a fuck what you say desu
how can you call it bare minimum when 90% when the genere of the game you used to state this had worse design then this one
>>
>>321645932
The overall experience is strong enough to offset the bad parts near the end.

It's also super obvious that the bad parts are attributed to budget and time constraints and not just bad design, so it's easier to be lenient.
>>
File: oh.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>321648438
It always amuses me how easily you can spot people who don't know shit about vidya and just love to shout their opinion

Ocarina of Time is THE videogame, anon
We've been over this a thousand times
>>
>>321649167
>source:my ass
>>
>>321645932
>but the second half of it is utter shit.
gee i wonder where you got that impression. most certainly from playing yourself, i'm sure!
stop parroting /v/ you meme loving fuck and play yourself
>>
>>321649937
its a good game. not THE game, but a good game. saying it's shit is retarded, but it isn't the second coming of christ either
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.