[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the Talos Principle: the Road to Gehenna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: samsara.jpg (273 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
samsara.jpg
273 KB, 1366x768
>spend 30 minutes devicing a clever way to get a star
>get it
>find a fan out in the open
>powering it up gets slightly tricky, trickier than it should
>after fifteen minutes decide fuck it, steam roll it by stealing a lightbreaker from a level
>finally get on the fan
>the fan was the actual solution to the first star
>I've been doing nothing for 45 minutes
>mfw the struggle is meaningless
>>
>>321643834
samsara was such a fucking faggot holy shit

shepherd was the ultimate bro

great game, my 2014 GOTY
>>
>>321643834
>45 minutes
Big deal.
>>
>>321643834
Road to Gehenna is brutal. Most puzzles have you thinking outside the box. Still, I don't mind spending ages on those puzzles, this game had an absolutely gorgeous soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73TyY3dOTM
>>
>>321644847
Road to Gehenna would be more brutal with time puzzles. I think I was the only player ever to love those the most.

My most hated puzzles was both endgame don't cross the streams ones. Had to look both up in the end.
>>
the whole of the game world, the whole concept as a metaphor for human struggles towards a better way of life, and in shepherds words "how the one to finally make it will not have made it alone but on the shoulders of all those who came before him": this game has given me a kind of meaning in life that I hadn't seen before. No, we won't reach a Star Trek level era in my life. But we will at some point! and I am part of that chain which will bring it about. And that makes me not completely worthless! Human life shouldn't have to be miserable forever. One day a way of life will be construed that will make it better. But it will have been built out of all of us, just like shepherd said.

Maybe the first game to make an artistic/philosophical point that actually matters to me.
>>
>>321646160
Normally I'd laugh at you and call you Cuckster McCucklin, but this game inspired me a little too.

Is there anything else as good out there? Story that makes you think, even a little bit, soundtrack that create amazing atmosphere and quality difficult puzzles?
>>
>>321646160
I recommend you read stories by Eliezer Yudkowsky, they often have that same moral. HPMOR is a good pleb start.
>>
>>321647154
I'll look it up, thank you
>>
>>321645079
How about the DO cross the streams ones in the bonus world? Some of those were crazy.
>>
>>321647296
I had troubles with the first one but after that they were a piece of cake. They really were the same shtick over and over.
>>
This was my favorite game last year and I would like to thank the one anon here with good taste.

Stopped me from leaving 4chan
>>
>>321648418
there are at least 4 anons in this thread with good taste anon
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.