[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I Buy This Game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 91HbzjrYu1L._SL1500_.jpg (339 KB, 1204x1500) Image search: [Google]
91HbzjrYu1L._SL1500_.jpg
339 KB, 1204x1500
It looks so edgy, everytime i see a gameplay of it somebody is running around with a ugly oversized 1 handed weapon and clown costume or even naked wtf, does this game have no decent looking clothes or what

I never played a Souls game but it looks interesting and the type of game i could like
>>
>>321643620
Currently playing it for Pee Sizzle.
It's good. It's also edgy but not in a bad way. Unless you're one of these people people who think anything that's not female rainbow ponies talking about friendship and happiness is "edgy". That just means you're gay is all.
>>
>>321643620
I would recommend playing the first dark souls. imo, it's better than the second. If you like the first one, you'll like the second one, basically.
>>
>>321644265
>Unless you're one of these people people who think anything that's not female rainbow ponies talking about friendship and happiness is "edgy". That just means you're gay is all.

What does this even mean?

I just want to look decent in this game and don't run around with weapons i don't want to play with
>>
how much better is the ps4 version? I was also thinking about buying this
>>
>>321643620
>buying DS2 on the Bloodborne machine
>>
>>321647210
Already have that game
>>
>>321643620
Get Bloodborne instead.
>>
>>321647475
Oh didn't read this. Then get it.
It's a great game. Not as good as Bloodborne, but still great.
>>
>>321650496
>It's a great game

haha
>>
>>321650496
But does all the equipment really look that edgy? I mean is there no decent clothing, i don't want to run around like a meme
>>
>>321647475

Don't you have a PS3?

You'd be better off playing Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls. Not that DS2 is a bad game, it's just the weakest entry in the series.
>>
>>321650825
What do you think edgy means?

It's got medival style armour if you dont like that don't play it.
>>
>>321650825
What do you consider edgy?
Anyway it has tons of weapons and armor, so you probably going to find something not meme-y.
>>
>>321643620
this is bait right?
>>
>>321646932
compared to what? ps3? miles ahead.
>>
File: wtf.png (372 KB, 438x515) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
372 KB, 438x515
>>321650940
>or Demon's Souls
Hahaha just no.

I tell you something about people who have a PS4 okay, the majority fucking skipped PS3 and X360 because they had no fucking games till like 2012 when they re released the whole PS2 library in HD

>It's got medival style armour if you dont like that don't play it.

Do you have autism? I watched this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C-DneIeboo
all armors look edgy as fuck designed by autistic children nothing looks like medival style

>>321651262
>What do you consider edgy?
somebody is running around with a ugly oversized 1 handed weapon and clown costume or even naked
>>
>>321650825
there's plenty of decent clothing, a lot of people just wear armor for the looks, not functionality. you can wear whatever you want.

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/armor
>>
>>321651079

>>321651459 for you
>>
>>321651515
moon butterfly set is a bit gay tho, I admit
>>
>>321643620
I'm surprised you even have to ask, it's mentioned by an edgelord neckbeard in every single thread on /v/
>>
>>321643620
>Wondering why people are doing/using/wearing stupid shit in a YouTube video
Do you really not know why people do dumb shit on youtube? Also speedrunners go naked half the time because they need speed and stamina
>>
File: 1437157875821.jpg (57 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1437157875821.jpg
57 KB, 500x365
>>321651459
>clown costumes are edgy
>xanthous set is edgy
the term you're looking for is "goofy", edgy sets are things like hexers or dark set
>>
>>321651515
Yeah but do the good looking armor sets or pieces have also good stats that is the real question

This is what I like
>Alva Set
>Elite Knight Set
>Falconer Set
>>
>>321651957
Those actually do have good stats, but really the only stats you should look for is maybe poise and weight. Defense is useless in a game where you should never get hit.
>>
>>321651774
No.

They are edgy, because some retard thought it would be "funny" to include "goofy" sets
>>
>>321651459

Demon's Souls is the first entry in the Souls series and also the best one, for this reason it's logical to recommend it to someone expressing an interest in Souls games who hasn't played it.

There's no reason to play DS2 over Demon's Souls or DS1 besides not having a PS3.
>>
Dark Souls 2 did have some weird ass looking armor. Probably would have been better if they just copy -> pasted Dark Souls 1 armor into 2
>>
>>321652057
Thanks man really appreciate your help
>>
>>321646932
1080p/60fps. It looks nice but not as good as Bloodborne obviously.
Surprisingly it's very, very, easy. I don't know whether it is because it's more responsive or is it because I got used to Bloodborne's fast enemy's that DaS2 enemies now feel like they move in slowmo and you can see their attack 5 seconds before hey actually do it.
Keep in mind that they didn't fix the souls memory so online is going to feel dead after you get to a certain SM. The hit boxes are still the worst in any video game. They randomly and arbitrarily changed some item/enemy placements and made some areas optional. They added some gimmicks to some levels. They increased the NPC invaders/co-operators. Level design and especially enemy design is generic as fuck. DLC areas have better level design but there are some bullshit areas like Frigid Outskirts which is the worst in the series. They added some shitty optional/hidden last boss and alt ending. A lot of shit got nerfed way too much (I know they were nerfed in the original too, but if you haven't played the game in a long time you're going to feel the difference). Other than that, it's pretty great game.
>>
>>321652553
Dark Souls 2 was VERY friendly to Souls/Borne newbies.
>>
>>321651459
>the majority fucking skipped PS3 and X360 because they had no fucking games till like 2012 when they re released the whole PS2 library in HD
PS3 had a lot of exclusives fampai.
>>
>>321652553
>The hit boxes are still the worst in any video game.
have you played other video games? are you reference some single obscure boss with a giant foot or something?
>Level design and especially enemy design is generic as fuck.
the most unique designs in video games are generic as fuck?

seriously man what games are you playing. I'm not saying it's GOAT, but your "main points" here are pretty shit.
>>
>>321643620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIQJpBDvxIs

It's super edgy OP.
>>
>>321652839
>have you played other video games? are you reference some single obscure boss with a giant foot or something?
Do you use a shield. If you do, you probably won't notice. Every enemy weapon including projectiles seem to have some spherical area of damage around them. Even when they are clearly not hitting you, you will still receive damage.
There are tons of webms/youtube videos showcasing the shitty hit boxes so I don't know why you are denying this.

>the most unique designs in video games are generic as fuck?
It's not really unique. And even the few unique enemies are rehashed from the other Souls games.
>>
>>321653647
no, I don't use a shield, and I think the game is actually GOOD about not hitting you (and you not hitting the enemy) when your physical weapon actually misses them.

I've seen your webms, and they are all shitty one off boss situations where the boss has a big foot or is causing AoE damage or something. 99% of combat is not like that.

and yeah, the design is rehash of previous souls, but that's the point of a squeal. If they completely changed it, the game would be shit. There's probably a handful of other games on the market though that actually reach a level of creativity of the souls games though.
>>
File: fkinsphagetti.gif (1 MB, 360x260) Image search: [Google]
fkinsphagetti.gif
1 MB, 360x260
>>321652140
>attempting to be funny and stupid is now edgy
>>
>>321654137
Are you seriously defending DaS2 hitboxes? Are you one of those shockwave faggots?
Look I love DaS2, and I even think that it's better than DaS2, but I can't deny that it's full of bullshit.
>>
>>321651957
Elite Knight set is best set.
Anyone who doesn't play as a generic knight on their first playthrough of any souls game is a pleb
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.