[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
howcome nobody talks about how shitty the draw distance is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
howcome nobody talks about how shitty the draw distance is
>>
>720p
>30fps with drops
>PS3 tier graphics

So we can all agree the Wii U is a piece of shit?
>>
>>321643158
I don't agree. Not the best, but not a piece of shit.
>>
>>321642945

Name a character-based game with longer draw distance.
>>
>>321643437
gw2
>>
>>321643158
These kinds of games just don't work on the platform.
Nintendo knows this and makes their games cartoony. Like the new Zelda is gonna be open world, but they stylize it to make it work on the platform.
Consoles can never get the graphics that are on PC so why should they even try? They just need good exclusives.

Xenoblades needs to be on PC, it would have had underwhelming graphics no matter what console.
>>
>>321642945
I wouldn't mind it if I wasn't able to outrun the draw distance in a Skell.

Sure is fun to stop to salvage something only to have a pink elephant teleport behind me
>>
>>321643534

Wrong.
>>
>>321642945
>>321643645

>Talk about draw distance
>They actually mean object loading speed

Retards. And you can fix that by installing the data packs, so double retards.
>>
>>321643920
>Retards. And you can fix that by installing the data packs, so double retards

No it's not. In skells you'll still get that, the data pack only helps on other areas
>>
>>321643920
The data pack doesn't help that much. What it helps with is loading times for stuff lie fast traveling. Pop-in feels only a little better with it.

I personally don't mind too much, but it was annoying as fuck when I was looking for yellow speech bubbles to complete certain quests and I'd keep missing them since the characters can load in slower than I can run past where they'd be.
>>
>>321643158
The Wii U being underpowered isn't news anon.
However Nintendo knows they're consoles inside and out, using exploits and pushing the system to its limits making some games look on par with PS4 and XBONE (eg Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8)
The PS4 and XBONE have a lot more power but most game companies aren't really putting that power good use.
There are way too many games that either run 30fps or 720p and at times look like a last gen games.
Xenoblade Chronicles X honestly should of been a PC game (But we knew couldn't happen).
btw Wii U actually has games
>>321642945
Because people would rather discuss the game than shitpost.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.