[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is 3,79 € on Steam. Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: Transistor_art.jpg (82 KB, 333x459) Image search: [Google]
Transistor_art.jpg
82 KB, 333x459
This is 3,79 € on Steam. Is it any good?
>>
define "€"
>>
>>321638661
It's alright
>>
yeah its alright
>>
I enjoyed it but I think Bastion is their better game
>>
>>321638723
What did you mean by this?
>>
If I didn't like bastion particularly, should I still get this game?
>>
Its a very well designed game - The plot is mysterious as hell (Arguably silly when you get to the end and see all the bullshit such a plot requires) but the actual gameplay is what you'd call immaculately designed.

Its also one of the few games inherently designed with new game plus in mind.
>>
>>321638723
It's a Euro. It's numerical value is the same as the dollar, despite the financial value not being the same.
>>
Transistor is excellent and Bastion is also excellent. They have the same design philosophy, but different combat.
>>
>>321638859
No
>>
>>321638661
Worth it for the listed price. I'd probably pay up to $15 real dollars for it. It's pretty fun, especially the whole skill customization thing.
>>
>>321638661
I liked Bastion's plot and presentation more but I found Transistor's combat system a lot more fun considering it allowed for more possibilities.
>>
>>321638859
Only if your main beef with Bastion was that you didn't like the combat and instead wanted a hybrid of turn based and real time with customisable attacks
>>
>>321639186
It's not like I DIDN'T like bastion, it's just that it was an OK game. I wouldn't buy it because it's not my cup of tea.

No real reason why, it just didn't ring my bell. If Transistor is more of the same, then fuck it.

Also, the combat in Bastion was, again, ok, I really don't know if changing it would make me like the game more.

I think I'll just pirate it first.
>>
>>321638859
Depends why you don't like Bastion.

Transistor has a much more interesting combat system and world. Better soundtrack too. The story is more linear, with you trying to progress through with the world during the apocalypse rather than trying to rebuild after it.

I didn't like Bastion but enjoyed Transistor.
>>
File: 1326564118625.jpg (44 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1326564118625.jpg
44 KB, 195x195
>there are people who actually use planning mode for combat in Transistor

Confirmed casual.
>>
>>321638661
It's middling at best. Pretty art. Interesting battle system that falls apart in it's attempt at creating challenge or variation, meh story that starts with the assumption you care about everything while explaining nothing, over rated music (bastion too by the way), terrible on rails level design like bastion that just feels dull and controlled, "rpg" mechanics are rote and feel agency less since enemies number are completely controlled by the game and thus leveling and such, and the menu system is bad.

It's basically bastion 2.0 with rpg like combat. If you liked the first then fine, but don't bother with it otherwise.
>>
>>321639448
What are some of your favorite games, little guy? :^)
>>
>>321639549
ur mom.
>>
>>321638661
Depends on hiw stingy you are

Visuals and music are great, but everything else is aort of meh.
Character didn't grab me, in a de:hr kind of way where you're supposed to give a shit about the bad guys/processed, except, you don't because you get some written logs about them and no build up and once met, already forgotten.
Combat is a frankensteinish abomination where you plan your actions as in a turn then wait out the cooldown in real time, and it didn't exploit environments at all beyond gaving them be pretty.
It's okay for 4 bucks, I guess.
>>
File: F8ntOoq-600x350.png (108 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
F8ntOoq-600x350.png
108 KB, 600x350
What about pick related? it's 3 bucks, 4.5 with all DLC.
>>
Remember kids. Void() + Tap() and some passives is all you need.
>>
>>321640401
If you like roguelites, tower defense, very light dungeon crawling and a bit of resource micromanagement it's a very polished game. You could watch some gameplay on youtube and see if it tickles your fancy. I like it!
>>
Bastion has better gameplay and story
Transistor has a better setting and artstyle
Soundtrack wise, they're both excellent

My main complaint with the game is the two homos killing themselves rather than serving as bosses, especially considering the two human bosses were great and that large serpent sucked. Plus, it's just a waste of their cool designs
>>
>>321640973
You just wanted to fuck those homos.
>>
>read backstories of hardly relevant characters
>nothing is happening in the game
>get to the end
>suddenly it's time for walking and listening to endgame boss masterplan
I was really disappointed.
The music was kinda good, though, especially humming version of songs.
>>
>>321640401
its great! 45hrs and still playing from time to time.
the last level is a bit disappointing.
>>
>>321641290
does it have some "quick match" or custom mode to just play around after the missions/story is finished?
>>
File: DoorKickers[1].jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
DoorKickers[1].jpg
26 KB, 460x215
I was between geting transitor and pic
got pic
>>
>>321641167
I haven't listened to the OST, so maybe the humming feels different (bastion OST music felt different to the game), but I didn't really care one way or the other for the humming in game, it's was just an "oh, that's neat, moving on" thing.
>>
File: fa1449888473045.jpg (153 KB, 870x1110) Image search: [Google]
fa1449888473045.jpg
153 KB, 870x1110
>[H] Lego Batman
>[W] Transistor

id/sirgeorgios
>>
>>321638723
It's the currency of the Fourth Reich
>>
>>321641546
Well the game required you to stay in one place to hear humming, that really sucked. I wish it was possible to enable/disable this thing permanently.
>>
It's a good game OP.

A bit short and the story mode is far less challenging compared to the challenges.

Bosses are okay
>>
>>321641776
I just did it at the beach, going through the different pieces. It was more convenient than the just sitting there in each new area, though I did that for a while thinking it might do something. Never understood how she could hum after losing her voice though.
>>
>>321641976
>A bit short and the story mode is far less challenging compared to the challenges.
Risk() is the most challenging stuff, not tzhe silly challenges.
>>
How is this compared to XCOM?
>>
Thanks for all the answers guys. I'll get it then.
>>
>>321642323
They are not even similar
>>
I really enjoyed it

Music is top tier, art style is cute, combat is fairly fun although it can be lacking sometimes

The biggest complaint I have is that it was too short. I really really liked the game, but the replayability isnt too high and I wanted more. Its a solid game regardless though, which is the reason why I disliked the length of it
>>
>>321641393
no quick match but different game modes.
http://dungeon-of-the-endless.wikia.com/wiki/Spaceships
>>
File: 4230.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
4230.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>321639341
>using a game mechanic is casual

i bet you play dark souls with bare fists cuz weapons are too "casual"
>>
Modular combat, unique setting, plot disclosed through the silky smooth voice of Logan Cunningham and backed by some top notch voice work from the supporting cast as well.

You can't go wrong at that price, shit I payed full price the day it came out and I wasn't disappointed. Royce was my favorite part of the game, his lines were delivered perfectly.
>>
>>321638661
>>321638859
no just download it if you're interested and then support the developers later if you liked it
>>
>>321638859
Probably not, in that case.
But you might want to consider this guy's idea >>321645270
>>
>>321640401

amazing game, buy it with all dlc
>>
>>321638661
Yeah it's good. I would recommend it. Sometimes combat gets a bit shitty because only certain skill combinations are useful in those situations but otherwise it's a fun system.
>>
overrated game. you do all the same things thru game. action rpg is a meme genre.
>>
>>321638661
I was surprised to see it so cheap, I bought it day 1, full price

The gameplay and pacing are dull compared to Bastion's, and the narration is a bit of the same until the godlike voice of Royce Bracket serenades your ears until the end of the game. Music is as subjective as ever, do you like the idea of this kind of fantasy western tunes or more psuedo-art deco/ futuristic songs? Graphics are way above Bastion though, much prettier to look at, which is quite the feat,
>>
File: 1451051912043.png (575 KB, 1324x992) Image search: [Google]
1451051912043.png
575 KB, 1324x992
>>321638723
You absolute fucking retard, I bet you're American. There are more currency's than $$$$$$$$
>>
>>321638834
>>321638935
>>321641706
>>321647410
I think he might be asking what that costs in his home country's currency.

I cannot answer his question because I do not know if hes american, english, mexican, ect.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.