[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did this even come into being?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86
How the fuck did this even come into being?
>>
Failed Shinra robot?

More likely a Shinra made smart house that kills people.
>>
mako magic
>>
>>321624784
I don't know.
What I do know is that this won't be in the remake. The remake will be full of generic shinra soldiers an shit.
>>
I wonder how the remake will handle all the weird shit in FFVII. I can definitely see modern SE remove the bathhouse or enemies like this.
>>
Maybe the designers and director wanted to have some fun.
>>
>>321624784
Is that a doggy house?
>>
A house got fucked up thanks to all the mako. What's the problem?
>>
>>321624784
daily reminder that the remake will have all the good characterful shit removed.
>>
>>321625237
>>321624940
This house is persistent enemy, I remember this shit being in FFIX too.
>>
It is a monster that inhabits abandoned houses in the slums, hoping some hopeless hobo will wander in for the night. It's basically a living human trap. The house is not part of it.
>>
>walking through the slums
>suddenly rumbling
>that fucking house behind you transfigures into some nightmarish abomination out of nowhere
>last thing you see is a you getting charged by 50 tons of building material

SE could make this into something really good, but they won't.
>>
>home designer : What kinda home u want
>him : Just fuck my house up
>>
>>321625324
Getting turned into a frog in unreal engine would be cool as fuck but it won't happen
>>
>>321626317
Why won't it happen?
>>
>>321624940
This.
The livestream did put Cloud into a wheelchair.
In my mind he never recovered and the rest of the game is just his addled brain giving up on him.
>>
>>321626476
Explain the house beast existing in the fucking slums then.
>>
>>321626476
But it's VII not VIII
>>
>>321626476

Woooooaaaaah.

It was all a Deathbed dream!

>Terra died and the world of ruin was her deathbed dream
>Cloud basically died and the game is his retard deathbed dream
>Squall died and the game is his dream
>Zidane died in the Tantalus crash and the game is his dream
>Tidus -
...Whatever.
>The creative control of the original FFXII director died and the game is some marketing executive's dream

Shut up and stop it.
>>
>>321626574
They're surrounded by nuclear reactors without environmental regulations.
>>
>>321626768
>his addled brain giving up on him
>slums
>>
>>321624784
IT JUST WORKS https://youtu.be/hTc9sLmOR0A
>>
File: MASAMUNE.gif (219 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
MASAMUNE.gif
219 KB, 319x480
>>321627012
>A villain known for creating illusions creates an illusion of the world ending
>>
How did Jenova break out of her cell in Shinra HQ?

How did the jail doors open (after Cloud & everyone got caught by the Turks)?
>>
>>321624784
man this game had such perfect graphics
I am perpetually triggered by the fact it will get a remake with stupid high resolution lifeless graphics and most certainly an overall shift in aesthetics and character towards something cheap and cringy and insubstantial
this life is torment
>>
>>321627652
every FF before 10 had the perfect graphics of it's kind
but that was a long time ago when squeenix was still good
how could everything go so wrong after 10?
>>
>>321627629
mako
>>
>>321624784
It is a hermit crab mako monster. Every weird enemy in this game is a mako monster. They are magic and often defy logic on some level.

It is also FFVII's mimic.
>>
>>321627813
>squeenix
That's not how you say Squaresoft.
>>
File: Devil_Ride_FF7.png (62 KB, 457x421) Image search: [Google]
Devil_Ride_FF7.png
62 KB, 457x421
>>321624784
MOVE OVER BITCH
>>
>>321626740
But everything you said is right. And it makes sense, these characters died and had their Final Fantasy
>>
>>321627989
i fucked up, sorry anon, it's like 10:00 am here
>>
>>321624784
It's a Building Elemental, aka Urban Elemental
>>
File: 1440181463504.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1440181463504.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
>>321628095
At last I truly see.
>>
Now that I think about it I wonder how they will actually handle the rest of the game after you leave midgar.
I don't play any modern vidya but I'm pretty sure an open map will be out of the question. But the way the story progresses between locations still seems a thing of the past.
I suppose it's going to be like FFX where you go from screen to screen and eventually get an airship that can take you to certain locations.
In that sense it's bound to be a lot more streamlined as an experience.
>>
>>321627289
This
>>
File: 1450316153583.gif (494 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
1450316153583.gif
494 KB, 500x314
>>321628095

I said stop.
>>
>>321628384
>I don't play any modern vidya but I'm pretty sure an open map will be out of the question.

whys that? FFXV has an open map thats connected to large cities.
>>
File: ff9-armstrong.png (167 KB, 342x526) Image search: [Google]
ff9-armstrong.png
167 KB, 342x526
>FFIX
>they learn how to fly
PANIC
>>
>>321628653
It also has one playable character.
>>
>>321628653
>whys that? FFXV has an open map thats connected to large cities.
that's an mmo
but I get your point, I'm thinking of open map too much as open map/overworld which isn't necessarily the case with modern games
>>
>>321628653
Yeah but XV is one massive game

7R is going to be multiple smaller games, most likely won't even have a world map

7R is most likely going to have an FF12 styled maps, just big zones but no actual world map with the whole world connected for you to travel like XV

>>321629360
You can do more with Noctis than you can the entire FF7 party, one weapon in FFXV is as much difference as an entire character in other FFs, and you switch between 4 weapons on the fly in FFXV, all with different movesets, stats, abilities, range, level, attributes etc
>>
>>321629474
XV isn't an MMO, it's a massive open world game with the whole world as one map, you go seamlessly through towns to open fields to dungeons to whatever location all on one massive connected map.
>>
>>321629481
I don't care about FFVII.
I'm just mad.
ONE PLAYABLE CHARACTER.
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING.
http://squareportal.net/2014/11/12/interview-final-fantasy-xv-type-0-hd-director-talks-about-game-development-future-ambitions/
>Actually, my idea is that we don’t care about being a RPG anymore.
THEY'RE NOT THINKING.
>>
>>321629618
Man, the countryside must smell like shit when those things take a dump
>>
>>321629623
>Actually, my idea is that we don’t care about being a RPG anymore.

He never said this, that is the interview saying that, not Tabata

Tabata has outright on multiple occasions stated XV is an Action RPG

You can again, do MORE with Noctis than you can any other FF PARTY

XV is an Action RPG with full actions in real time, combos, parries, aerial combat, weapon switching, breakining enemy body parts etc, not a menu based game where all you do is pick words from a list

You can objectively do more with Noctis than you can the entire FF7 party

"Playable character" in a turn based game is not the same fucking thing as a playable character in an Action RPG, stop acting like they are the same thing when they aren't.
>>
>>321629618
I see 4 health bars, why is everyone saying "one playable character"
>>
>>321627998
That, makes way more sense though. It's almost sensible that something like this would exist in that world in the outskirts of Midgar.
>>
>>321629963
You control Noctis directly while the other there you give command to from a menu

People don't get that Noctis can only do the things he can because of his position and the gameplay is built around him and his Action RPG playstyle, while the other three members are there to help him in other ways so you give them commands from a menu

People act like this is "one playable character" just because only Noctis has the Action RPG playstyle

Also they don't seem to realize that Noctis alone can do more than literally every other FF party to date, but they keep spouting this "le one player" meme because they don't understand what control actually is and that it is completely different between an Action RPG and a turn based menu game.
>>
File: ohgdfghdfjghdfdsdfshbakj.webm (168 KB, 294x250) Image search: [Google]
ohgdfghdfjghdfdsdfshbakj.webm
168 KB, 294x250
>browsing ff7 concept art
>concept art for Cetra is literally a black mage
>the model was so small on my tv I could barely make it out when I was playing
>mfw I didn't know cetra=black mages for more than 15 years after completing the game
>>
File: enemies.jpg (470 KB, 1484x2112) Image search: [Google]
enemies.jpg
470 KB, 1484x2112
>>321625376
I never thought about it this way, that is a pretty good explanation.
>>
>>321629481
I prefer playing as different character more than one character with different weapons. I find it more interesting.
>>
>>321629885
>He never said this, that is the interview saying that, not Tabata
Indeed. He agreed, though.

More you can do or not, it's one character. In a game that's known for representing the JRPG genre. Mainline. That's just stupid.

They literally downgraded the amount of characters since getting it right in FFXIII.
Ended up with Mary Sue and Gary Stu as the protagonists of LR and XV respectively. It's not that I dislike Lightning but seriously now.
They even planned to implement character switching between all four but scrapped that idea and gave Noctis everything and made another Kirito.

>>321629963
You can't control the other 3.
>>321630326
>what's Type-0
>>
>>321630608
Different weapons make him play with different playstyes

Using lances makes him Dragoon style

Using guns makes him gunner style

Using different kinds of swords all make him different styles

etc

It's the game design equivalent of character switching but rolled into weapon switching to give true range and diversity of playstyles for Noctis
>>
>>321630506
can you guys rec an rpg I can emulate for someone who gets really excited with this pic
>>
>>321627012
wait where's uranus?
>>
File: 1342251415609.jpg (21 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
1342251415609.jpg
21 KB, 283x283
>>321628095
Actually got a audible laugh out of me.
>>
>>321630790
But if I don't like noctis then none of that matters. Meanwhile if you make each style a different character and I don't like one of them, I can just not play as him.
>>
File: XV core game not casual.jpg (4 MB, 1300x8930) Image search: [Google]
XV core game not casual.jpg
4 MB, 1300x8930
>>321630692
>He agreed, though.
He was being polite, Tabta again never said that, and has again on multiple occasions stated XV is an Action RPG and that it does focus on core players

>it's one character.
Irrelevant, you can do more with Noctis and that is what matters, every weapon changes his playstyle, FF is a series based on change for the sake of change, in XV the gameplay is built around a lore and characters playstyle, and that playstyle has the full range of an entire FF party rolled into one character, it doesn't matter that it is one character because the game design allows you to change playstyles with that character, making your entire complaint meaningless, you just come off as superficial and shallow

>They literally downgraded the amount of characters since getting it right in FFXIII.
AGAIN FUCKING WRONG

Noctis can DO MORE THAN ANY OTHER FF PARTY

In FF13 you still just pick commands from a menu, you can't do anything different than another character, everyone inputs and plays the same because it's just menu commands, same as any other FF

In XV the game design for Noctis allows you to do more with one character than you can an ENTIRE FUCKING PARTY

Do you not realize that means not only is there more freedom in XV with Noctis alone but that it already outclasses the older FFs, so that your definition of "control" does not even making any sense, because control in an Action RPG is not the same thing as "control" in a turn based menu game

Character Switching was toyed with but dropped in favour of expanding and better realizing Noctis's playstyle and staying true to his character and focus, the other characters you give commands to from a menu and they have a Gambit like system from FF12 on them, you can change their commands from a menu at any time during battle by bringing up the menu to give them commands, while you go off doing the fully free Action RPG playstyle of Noctis, it is objectively the most freedom FF ever has had
>>
>>321625391
>>321625664
>>321627289
Holy shit, this thread is gold. My sides have dematerialized
>>
>>321630506
Without remembering the context, a lot of those monster designs really look like shit. Christ, I don't even remember where you fought the motorized triceratops. I know it's not the motorcycle highway boss. I would not look forward to any of these enemies coming back.
>>
>>321627813
>how could everything go so wrong after 10?
Are you actually implying that FFXI isn't the best looking FF game?
>>
>>321629474
>>whys that? FFXV has an open map thats connected to large cities.
>that's an mmo
Not only is FFXV not an mmo, both of the FF mmos that DO exist don't have open worlds
>>
>>321630692
And on the subject of Type-0, that has 14 characters with 3 in a party, all of whom only have ONE weapon each

Each character themselves in Type-0 is basically equivalent to one weapon itself, one specific set of animations for that weapon

In XV Noctis has manual weapon switching and one weapon in XV already can do more than an entire character in Type-0

Type-0 only has ground combo for one character and three other inputs, times that by three and total you have only 3 different combos and 9 total other commands among the three switchable characters

In XV you have Noctis with 4 weapons you manually switch between, each weapon has their own level, stats, attributes, playstyle, moveset etc

So for each you have ground combo, extended ground combo, finisher, parries, counters, then aerial combo, extended aerial combo, and you times that by 4 for all of them, and then ad on phantom sword abilities, dodge rolls, perfect guards, jumping, platforming, breaking enemy body parts, summons, magic spells, list menus that you can bring up to input even more commands from abilities, magic, items etc

So you can already do more with Noctis and his weapon switching than you can in Type-0
>>
>>321631356
they're all brilliant
the only one I'm not very fond of is the ghost-ship, rather generic in a bad way and not really fitting with the game
but it was still fun the first time I fought him in that underwater hallway when you go to the submarine mission and suddenly this motherfucker pops up
>>
>>321631454
dude we fucking get it shut the fuck up already
>>
File: FFXV-list-menu-during-combat.jpg (1 MB, 2556x1429) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-list-menu-during-combat.jpg
1 MB, 2556x1429
>>321631240
All the other three members could only do things that Noctis can already do but better, as well as Noctis being able to do even more on top of that

Gladio could use great swords and melee and that's it, Noctis can already do that too

Prompto could use guns only, Noctis can already do that too

Ignis could use knives, long swords and magic spells and thats it, Noctis can already do that too and better

And ad on that all the weapons in the game, all the magic in the game, all the summons in the game, phantom sword abilities, all the individual weapon abilities in the game onto Noctis

From a game design perspective it is better this way, because it allows them to better realize Noctis's potential, while also giving the other members a menu for commands so that they have menu based inputs similar to in FF12
>>
>>321631398
every FF after 10 is fucking trash, i didn't even play 11 but a fucking MMO as a main game?
>>
>>321631790
>i didn't even play 11
opinion disregarded
>>
>>321631790
Some would argue FF11 was the best FF game of all time. But then again I don't know why I would try to argue with somebody who complains about games they haven't played.
>>
>>321631747
But if I don't like Noctis none of that matters. You're missing the point I've been trying to make for several posts now.

I find a variety of CHARACTERS more interesting.
>>
>>321631747
You didn't even respond to his concern. If he doesn't like Noctis why should he be forced to play with him? Since you're using FFXII as an example, I will too. Most people I know dumped Vaan as early as possible so they could play as someone else because they simply didn't like Vaan. Why shouldn't that be possible?
>>
>>321631253
>>321631454
>>321631747
>stated XV is an Action RPG
Of course he did, it's officially that.

>HE CAN DO MORE HE CAN DO MORE
SHUT THE FUCK UP, RETARD.
It doesn't matter what he can do. What matters is that you're forced to play as this fucking Kirito.and don't get to choose in an mainline game of the iconic JRPG series.
Focusing on one character in such games is not a good thing ever, no matter how much that main character can do.

Are you seriously fucking shilling right now or something? Long posts of weak excuses like they're coming from the devs themselves. I feel like you're trying really hard to sell me XV and not just arguing about it.
>>
>>321631895
not coming to his defense (or bashing FF11) in any capacity here but
>having to sample shit to know it tastes bad
sometimes you can tell what something is before sampling it, stop this meme of "YOU HVN'T TRIED IT YOU DUN KNOW"
ofc if you're a retard you can't really reach conclusions with limited information but not everyone is retarded
>>
>>321631980
You are talking about a shallow element then.

>>321632025
Except in FF12 the reason you an do that is because Vaan isn't important and all characters input the same through the menu, it is not like there here with XV, in XV the game design is built around Noctis and his powers, that is how it always was, even back in the Versus days it's always been about his weapon switching, summon, magic and warping, as part of the lore it is game over is Noctis dies because he is the one powering the magic abilities, so without Noctis the others would die too, but if you had switching that poses the problem that what happens if Noctis dies if you were say playing as Ignis, you would get a game over, that was a problem that would have already restrained the others more than they already were lesser versions of Noctis, that is why they decided to better realize Noctis's playstyle while the other members now have you input their commands from a menu, that is why they are calling XVs system AXB, Active Cross Battle, it's a cross between two playstyles, one Action RPG for Noctis and one menu commands for the other three members.

It's not as simple as you are trying to make it out to be.
>>
>>321625061
Do you know that?
>>
>>321631356
I think the triceratank was near zachs village
>>
>>321632249
omfg, you're still talking about gameplay this isn't what people are concerned with
>>
>>321632193
That's bullshit though. There are plenty of games that look fucking awful or stupid that turn out to be good. Comparing video games, a complex plethora of interlocking sensory components, to shit, a substance that we have evolved to recognize as poison, is simply foolhardy in itself.
>>
>>321632249
>it is not like there here with XV, in XV the game design is built around Noctis and his powers
Which is THE bad thing.
>>
Someone probably doodled it at the office and thought 'yes, this needs to go into the game'.
>>
>>321632332
indeed, it's in the destroyed gongaga reactor
anyone who maxed the game will know it well because that's where you farm the strength sources
>>
>>321624784
The real question is how are they going to pull off wacky monsters like this in the remake?
>>
>>321632117
>, it's officially that.
It is that by the very foundation.

>It doesn't matter what he can do.
Yes it does, that is literally all that matters, the game design allows you to do more with Noctis than any other FF party, therefore you have more freedom than any other FF before it.

>What matters is that you're forced to play as this fucking Kirito.
>lemary sue memeXD
Yeah nah fuck off, Noctis and Regis both have these powers, Regis dies early on in the game which is why Noctis is the last one alive with these powers

>and don't get to choose in an mainline game of the iconic JRPG series.
AGAIN HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS SHIT TO YOU SO MANY TIMES

CONTROL IN AN ACTION RPG IS NOT THE SAME THING AS IN A FUCKING MENU BASED GAME

>Focusing on one character in such games is not a good thing ever, no matter how much that main character can do.
See above you clueless faggot

You seriously have no fucking clue what you are even trying to argue and honestly think control in a turn based menu game is in any way equivalent to a full fledged Action RPG

You objecitvley have more control in an Action RPG, therefore the game design is different, what constitutes as "control" in an Action RPG is not the same thing as what "control" in a turn based RPG is, you barely even have "control" in a turn based RPG at that, you input one command for one character then are forced off onto the next character over and over forever, that is an extreme restriction with all you are doing is picking one word from a menu and then an animation plays out

Stop, just fucking stop acting as if you know what control even is.
>>
File: TefVBaA.gif (692 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
TefVBaA.gif
692 KB, 250x250
>implying this doesn't exist in real life
>>
>>321632431
The real question is how are so many faggots lacking in imagination to such an extent that they ask dumb questions?
>>
>>321632249
Calling characters a shallow element in Final Fantasy is kind of dumb. Granted not every Final Fantasy is character driven, but a diverse set of characters has been one of the series strongest assets at times.

And calling something that entertains me shallow when we are talking about an entertainment product feels like a shithead thing to do.
>>
>>321626574
slums are one of many places you find houses.

this one just happens to be alive.

the hellhouse is probably based on the baba yaga house though, which itself can walk and has chicken legs. it shows up in other FF's as well.
>>
>>321632524
Imaginative cartoony monsters kind of clash with the relatively realistic aesthetic the remake is going for, dumb fuck.
>>
>>321632340
This is inherently about the gameplay because the game is built around Noctis's playstyle to begin with.
>>
>hey boss, I just came up with a great idea
>what is it, I hope you're not drunk again
>what if we made a monster that's a house
>how would that work?
>let's give the house giant claws and feet
>brilliant, you're promoted

I like it
>>
>>321632367
That isn't a bad thing, that is actually a good thing because it now means we are getting a character more fleshed out than any other FF character has ever been.
>>
>>321632561
Except this is purely about what the character looks like, which is shallow and superficial.
>>
File: 0295-Cargo-Ship-Red-XIII.png (52 KB, 350x253) Image search: [Google]
0295-Cargo-Ship-Red-XIII.png
52 KB, 350x253
there's so much fun stuff that just won't work or feel extremely out of place in the remake with its boring realistic approach
>>
>>321632645
FUCKING HELL YOU JUST DONT GET IT. STOP FUCKING SHILLING.
>>
>>321632597
I don't know man, Cloud is still wielding a sword as large as he is and Barret has a gun for an arm. You're going to be running around with a red tiger and a robot cat that pilots a different robot. I don't think it will clash that badly.
>>
>>321632804
Not really.
>>
I genuinely think we'll just get shinra grunts in Midgar at least. Quirky monsters are probably gone.

What really terrifies me is the potential loss of the battle/boss music. If fights are now real time and don't require any kind of transition, then Let the Battles Begin and Fight On may give way to area themes. And that would suck.
>>
>>321632796
A character is more than just what they look like. It's their attitude, their personality, their beliefs, the weight with which they move at, their strengths and weaknesses, and yes their appearance (which is more than just their outfits but also their stance and how they hold themselves) and their fighting style.

I personally have nothing against Noctis, but his character doesn't interest me. I would still play as him now and again, but if they just gave him the teleporting sword fighting style and let me play as other characters with different styles I would enjoy it more.
>>
>>321632343
i can understand that, but if a saga is a JRPG then don't make a Maingame be a fucking MMO
make a spinoff for that
instead of FF11 make it FF online
problem fucking solved
>>
File: Ghost_ShipFF7.png (82 KB, 440x511) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_ShipFF7.png
82 KB, 440x511
>>321632723
>So we just got an update from the guys over at Junon. Apparently the dead bodies down there have been mutating into skeletons with pirate ships for asses. Shouldn't we like...do something?
>Nah we have a bunch of 2nd Class SOLDIERS posted there. Just keep them on the Underwater bridge leading to the reactor. It's like free labor.
>>
>>321631453
>Not only is FFXV not an mmo, both of the FF mmos that DO exist don't have open worlds

Because they were held back by consoles. XI could have done so much more if it wasn't for that fucking PS2 version. Same with ARR, the PS3 is crippling the game something fierce. Diadem is unplayable on the console.
>>
>>321632998
Doubtful. Even in Kingdom Hearts the music changes from field music to battle music on the fly and that game is from 2002.
>>
>>321632804
Mr. Dolphin is so totally gone.
>>
>>321633157
>XI could have done so much more if it wasn't for that fucking PS2 version.
The ps2 version is the reason it's the most profitable FF ever.
>>
File: Kojima Smoking.jpg (21 KB, 386x359) Image search: [Google]
Kojima Smoking.jpg
21 KB, 386x359
>>321632737
What we are seeing here folks is the rebirth of Lightning fags.

He's not more fleshed out as a character just because he has more magic powers than other characters. And even then, how is he more fleshed out than any other RPG character that can use multiple fighting styles?
>>
>>321633157
also
>Diadem is unplayable on the console.
based consoles holding you back from that shitty ass content
>>
>>321632479
>Yeah nah fuck off, Noctis and Regis both have these powers, Regis dies early on in the game which is why Noctis is the last one alive with these powers
Yeah nah fuck off, it literally doesn't fucking matter at all. Generic as fuck male character with generic black hair in generic black clothes with some special power. The "special power" just completed the image. Again, I don't particularly dislike Noctis either.

>GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY NOCTIS ISN'T ALLOWED TO DIE BECAUSE HE'S THE CHOSEN ONE
And this is where the problem lies.
It actually can be (but shouldn't need to be in the first place, still) solved by just making Noctis stay unconscious instead of dead, not a big deal.

Type-0 had character switching. It worked. There's no reason for it not to. They could distribute the play styles between all characters which would be much better.

>>321632737
>it now means we are getting a character more fleshed out
No, it doesn't. It doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>321633058
But the problem is relative, since some people don't think it's a problem.
>>
>>321627629
Sephiroth took control of her body and chopped his/her way out of the lab. They let the heroes out so they could manipulate Cloud later on.
>>
>>321632804
Fuck off! There's no way they'll remove the snowboarding mini game, is there? NO, there isn't!
>>
>>321633058
The entire point is that it's a mainline quality game in an mmo.
>>
I caved in and bought the PS4 version even though i've finished it multiple times on PS1/PS3.

This led me to hooking up my PS2 and buying Dirge of Cerberus for the first time.

What the fuck is this game? Why is it such an unresponsive piece of shit? Why do I press the shoot button and Vincent just stands there snacking on bullets?
>>
>>321633513
I really hated it.
I wouldn't want them to remove it but I hated it.
>>
>>321630826
mother 2 and 3
>>
>>321633482
>They let the heroes out so they could manipulate Cloud later on.
This one is iffy. Sephiroth using a shapeshifted limb of Jenova is definitely true, Jenova needs every piece of her for the Reunion and Shinra keeping her body locked up is a no no. But in on the ship to Costa Del Sol Sephiroth couldn't even remember who Cloud was. If Sephiroth really did let Cloud out of prison then either it was an accident or a subconscious act. Personally I think it was an accident, something he did as he murdered the guard there.
>>
>>321633513
I actually think it's likely something like this will make it into the remake but only ONE thing
kind of like "token silly thing from the original as a throwback"
>>
>>321633513
This is one of the things I'm sure will be in the remake.
>>
>>321633482
>>321633661
Sephiroth opened Cloud's cell while he was controlling Jenova so he could proceed to the reunion like the rest of the clones.
>>
>>321633661
Are we sure Sephiroth was actually confused, though? The game's translation is never trust worthy.

Any glorious nipponeses in the house?
>>
>>321633914
Yes but then you have to explain why Sephiroth didn't know who Cloud was on the ship. he probably let Cloud out unintentionally while he was killing the guard.
>>
>>321633998
He didn't care who Cloud was. Cloud was a clone with Jenova cells and Sephiroth wanted to perform the reunion therefore freeing Cloud and allowing him to participate was natural.
>>
>>321632490
Yes, we must stop that man. He really is a shit.
>>
Is there a non-faggot way (kotr+mime and lucky seven) to defeat Ruby Weapon? I already maximized my stats, but I can barely scratch it.
>>
Hades spam. Ruby is susceptible to stun locking.
>>
File: 1451205433893.jpg (157 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1451205433893.jpg
157 KB, 800x700
Reminder that if FFXV is anything like Crisis Core it will have worse gameplay than a PS1 JRPG from 1997. That is all.
>>
>>321630826

ff7
>>
>>321634529
Reminder that it's nothing like Crisis Core.
>>
>>321634614
As much as I want to believe you it's from the same director.
>>
>>321631747
I wish you can change characters and/or play local multiplayer like a mix of Final Fantasy Type-0 and LEGO Star Wars.
>>
It's just a mimic pretending to be a house.
>>
>>321634713
It's been 8 years. Have you even seen XV's gameplay?
>>
File: Icicle_FF7.png (21 KB, 147x352) Image search: [Google]
Icicle_FF7.png
21 KB, 147x352
GOAT enemy design
>>
File: 1385000099547.jpg (27 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1385000099547.jpg
27 KB, 340x340
>>321634878
I wonder how the remake will handle this.
>>
>>321626740
World of ruin would be Celes's deathbed dream not Terras.
>>
>>321632249

So what? Eiko could be the strongest party member on FF9, but it still would be Zidane jumping in the Lifa Tree to save Kuja. FFXV is just badly designed.
>>
>>321634927
>press x to drop icicle
>>
>>321634927
You should remember that it's not a direct remake. They'll just remove it or make into something more generic.
>>
>>321632415

>not duplicating power sources with the Screamers on Mt. Nibel
>>
>>321635003
I don't think it's fair to call a game badly designed when we haven't played it yet. I would like if there were more playable characters, but we can't really judge it until it comes out.
>>
>>321634878
Still better than a fucking block of nothing. https://youtu.be/SqWBBZKQxlQ
>>
>>321634284
No. They're designed just for cheesing.

>yfw everyone that bought the PC/PS4 version can just steamroll the game with no encounters, triple speed and infinite health/limit break.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
Suddenly, shit like this makes a lot more sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 524x541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 524x541
>>321624784
Didnt this have lore behind it aswell or is that just my headcanon?
>monster that uses toyhouse like a hermit-crab
>lures children in to eat them

Im convinced with most models and animations though that a lot of them were just things they created while trying to figure out 3D-modeling and particles, since this was the first 3D FF. They the just reused them by randomly shoving them into the game, the game was silly enough at times to allow for it.
I mean theres a snake that throws Atom-bombs at you and I think even a guy in a teapot
>>
>>321631576
>they're all brilliant
shut the fuck up
>>
>>321635237

But it still is a bad idea to have a mainline game with only one playable character. It worked for LR because people had 2 games to get used to her.
>>
>>321635412
>I mean theres a snake that throws Atom-bombs at you
I still wonder why Beta is called Beta. There is no Alpha anywhere.
>>
>>321635597
Putting it that way makes sense. But still, we can't judge how well designed it is as a game until we see it standing on it's own two feet.
>>
>>321635721
The Snek that sephiroth killed had Alpha.
>>
>>321625061
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>321634832
Yes, and what I've seen hasn't really impressed considering the time they should have spent working on the game.
>>
>>321636009
Beside the point. It still doesn't play like CC.
>>
It seems a lot of enemies were just thrown in , the game had a lot of goofy moments.
>>
>>321635461
Kill u r self my man.
>>
>>321626574
Low budget housing courtesy of Shinra
>>
>>321628095
>Toriyama dies and gets to force us to endure his terrible waifu
>>
>>321626740
>Tidus
lol
>>
>>321630506
I'm more curious about the Triceratank and the zombie pirate ship. Where the fuck would something like that come from any why would anyone build it?
>>
>>321636095
I pray that you're right.
>>
>>321635328

Well, at least I defeated Emerald Weapon with a low tier team, just using 4x cut, mime, and elixirs.
>>
>>321636342
Mako monster
Ghosts are real
>>
File: ULUS10336_00270.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10336_00270.jpg
329 KB, 1920x1080
>>321625061
I'm sceptical of the Remake aswell but don't underestimate square in that regard
>>
File: cc.jpg (72 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
72 KB, 1920x1080
>>321636342
All me.
>>
>>321634284
>>321634341
grab that item that puts slow on your enemy and spam that, it drops somewhere north from little ball goblins like the ones you first fight with aerith
>>
>>321636342
Hojo proposed a plan to force Aeris to have sex with Red XIII so he could breed mutant children to experiment on. They also built a giant fuckoff cannon for no reason and attached it to a city. Twice. Don't underestimate the insanity of Shinra.
>>
>>321636342
Let's just blame it all on Hojo. Why not? He tried to get a lion to fuck a girl.

And he works for Shinra, who is run by insane people. One of the head people is a furry who roleplays as a robot who rides another robot. Their solution to killing 6 people is to blow up 1/6th of their city.
>>
>>321634284
He's weak to stop needles. Spam those, drain all his MP with magic hammer and he's seriously gimped.
>>
https://youtu.be/fp89C15T5kM
Playing FFVII for the first time on my PSP recently was comfy as shit. Recommend me some other comfy FF, I need to catch up.
>>
File: 1445550036750.jpg (149 KB, 427x960) Image search: [Google]
1445550036750.jpg
149 KB, 427x960
>>321636643
About that. AVALANCE is comprised of Barrett, Tifa, Wedge, Biggs, Jessie, and Cloud. Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie were killed in the skirmish for the bomb before Tifa and Cloud even got there. And the remaining 3 escaped before the plate dropped. Which means dropping the Sector 7 plate killed 0 AVALANCHE members.

>Let's drop 1/6th of our entire city to kill 6 people then get the taxpayers to pay for it
>>
>>321636850
>1/6th

I meant 1/8th
>>
>>321636850

They did that so they could blame it on Avalanche as well.
>>
>>321636847
FF10

better grab lots of popcorn, it has more cutscenes than MGS4
>>
File: His sides, Gone.png (86 KB, 268x309) Image search: [Google]
His sides, Gone.png
86 KB, 268x309
>>321636850
I never even realized that. They literally could have just disarmed the bomb and sent their entire force against the remaining members who were trapped on the pillar.
>>
>>321637021
How about the older ones?
>>
>>321637076
just avoid 2 and you're fine
>>
>>321637076
FF6 is very similar to FF7 in a lot of ways. So similar that fans of the two games have a tendency to bitch at each other non-stop. But it is a nice game. One of my favorites. FFV is less serious than either 6 or 7 but god damn that job system is nice. And every character has their own unique sprite for each job. And there are a lot of jobs. So that's also a good pick.
>>
VOCAL CORD PARASITES
>>
>>321637138
I hate how easy it is to blunder into an ass-raping in 2.

>Leave first town
>Going anywhere BUT the proper path leads to an immediate ass raping by high level monsters
>>
>>321636850
With my childlike imagination I actually saw the dead bodies of the members of avalanche stuck into that pile of molten scrap metal that barrett stands in front of and yells after the sector crashes down.
>>
>>321636975
That's the thing though, the general populace would've already hated AVALANCHE for blowing up 2 reactors. Which AVALANCHE actually did do. Shinra just destroyed thousands of lives because they don't give a fuck. As far as they care they're going to find the Promised Land sometime soon anyway. Fuck Midgar and everyone in it.
>>
>>321637138
>>321637179
Thanks. FFVI will be the next one then.
>>
>>321637343
But wasn't the point of finding the Promised Land to make mad dosh off of it? I can't actually remember.
>>
>>321637320
Just keep hitting yourself until you level up and you should be fine.
>>
>>321637394
I will say that one difference between 6 and 7 is that 6 is less "focused" than 7. 7 is primarily focused on Cloud. The POV will change over to other characters as their arcs demand but things will shift back to Cloud inevitably. With 6 though, although technically speaking Terra would be considered the main character, the game is more about the entire cast in general. It doesn't zero in on one character too much, although some characters do get more attention than others. You could argue that Terra is the main character then again you could also argue that Celes is the main character.
>>
>>321637434

They also wanted to build a new Midgar inside of it.
>>
>>321637434
That actually was the point. Shinra is so comically insane about money. They literally provide electricity off of the souls of the dead. They fought a war with Wutai, then turned their country into a tourist attraction. Hell any place that doesn't have a Shinra reactor is a shithole.

So actually that was the intent. "Neo-Midgar" was what they were going to call it.
>>
File: Punished C-3PO.png (253 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
Punished C-3PO.png
253 KB, 540x540
>>321635363
>you will never fuck Vulkin
>>
>>321637541
>6 is less "focused" than 7
This sounds great, actually.
>>
>>321637076
6 is considered the best of the original Nintendo era ones, with 4 also generally getting a lot of love (4 seems to be what Bravely Default draws the most inspiration from). Do either those two first, or do FF1 to appreciate how the series evolved, and then think about 5 and 3 after those. Most of them have DS/3DS remakes now too if you would prefer some 3D models in your life.

2 is the only objectively bad one. Like, 1 is simple and the most basic RPG you can get, but it's fine to see how it all started. 2 just has more problems than positives.
>>
>>321637728
I respect the effort of 2 though. I can see what they wanted to do, they wanted to try out more realistic approaches to leveling up and world design. For instance you only level up what you actually use, if you use regular attacks then your strength goes up. If you use magic then you intelligence goes up in addition to your proficiency with that particular spell. You moved conversations forward by memorizing key words or showing a specific item you found. I mean they did fuck up but I can appreciate that they tried.
>>
>>321627998
It looks like a chimp with fuckhuge long arms
>>
>>321626740
calm down man, it's just a theory
>>
>>321637916
A GAYM THEORY
>>
>>321637573
>>321637619
But why? Money literally has no meaning that they don't give it. They rule the entire fucking world.
>>
>>321637716
Well if you are really going to do 6 then I will give one tip since I actually missed this on my first run. Spoiler in case you want to do it completely blind.

When escaping the floating island wait for Shadow
>>
>>321637728
>>321637893
2 is just Elder Scrolls: Final Fantasy
>>
>>321637912
Ruby Weapon's rebellious bastard son
>>
>>321630506
Looking forward to seeing the swimsuit babe in hd
>>
File: hojo.jpg (98 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
hojo.jpg
98 KB, 400x280
>>321637952
Because they're insane. Like seriously they are comically insane. Do you not realize that these fuckers found a corpse in a tomb, deduced that it was a Cetra (which Dr. Gast was fucking wrong about), and decided to inject it into themselves to give themselves superpowers? Vincent loved Lucrecia. I mean he LOVED her. He would've done anything for her. Lucrecia instead fucked Hojo, allowed him to impregnate her, so that Hojo could inject the unborn fetus with alien DNA and create a superbaby. That baby being Sephiroth. And then when Vincent confronted Hojo about it, he experimented on HIM and turned him into an immortal vampire thing. Shinra gives zero fucks. None.
>>
>>321637985
Is it something like "go back underwater and pick up that huge materia you left there if you want your endgame, idiot" or something more significant?
Could you give a vague explanation without spoilers?
>>
>>321624784
Anon you'd be surprised, you'd e surprised anon
>>
>>321638223
Wait at the very end and let the counter drop until the faggot catches up, otherwise he's gone for good
>>
>>321638223
As vague as possible there's a part of the game where a character will want to make a heroic sacrifice. Since the normal line of thought is "well characters in JRPGs don't die anyway so I'll just press on." Don't press on. Get to where you gotta go and just wait.
>>
>>321638349
>>321638378
Thanks, will keep that in mind.
>>
>>321638192

I still don't understand why they didn't find out Jenova wasn't a Cetra. Did Ifalna just never tell them like she did Gast?
>>
>>321637893
>I mean they did fuck up but I can appreciate that they tried.
This has been Final Fantasy's entire thing since the very first sequel.
>>
File: img342533.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
img342533.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>321632804
I still don't know how they are going to keep this in.
>>
>Shinra makes a house monster that looks just like 7th heaven
>when AVALANCHE is out blowing up shit or whatever get monster to destroy 7th heaven, shinra team cleans up and monster takes its place
>AVALANCHE walk in and get eaten
Why didn't they do this?
>>
>>321638474
They did, by the time of FF7 they're calling Aeris the Last Ancient. Even Hojo would have seen that their DNA doesn't match up in the slightest and Jenova is just some monster
>>
>>321638474
That part I can't understand. The only way I can make it make sense in my head is that Gast was in Icicle Town while Hojo was in Nibel. While Hojo was busy fucking Lucrecia, Gast was interviewing Infalna where Infalna told him about Jenova, and WEAPON, and the planet. Hojo unknowingly turns his unborn child into a human/alien hybrid then flies up north to kill Gast. He watches the tape afterwards and realize that Infalna is the only Cetra and Jenova is a shapeshifting alien. So Infalna is kept in Shinra HQ while he monitors Sephiroth because...he's a fucking weirdo.
>>
How are they going to do Supernova? Will they still have it destroying real life planets?

Sephiroth can cast it multiple times too. How would they explain that?
>>
>>321638697
>>321627289
>>
File: honey_bee_inn_by_hummingbird712.jpg (235 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
honey_bee_inn_by_hummingbird712.jpg
235 KB, 800x800
>>321638583
Honey Bee Inn in general is kind of fucked in the head
>>
File: 04 - Ultros.gif (2 KB, 108x64) Image search: [Google]
04 - Ultros.gif
2 KB, 108x64
>>321638378
>>321638349
>>321637985

I played FF6 for the first time over the course of last month and I fell for this. I was sure Shadow would either survive and appear in the World of Ruin alongside the other cast members, OR his sacrifice was meant to happen.

The timer was what fucked me. I was used to sections like the Opera house where letting the timer run out meant game over. I bolted the fuck out of that collapsing island.

When I realized I had the chance to save Shadow I was already halfway into the World of Ruin.
>>
I'm loving my new little playthrough of FF7. So many memories coming back again. I did get about halfway through the game in a previous one a few years ago But I haven't fully completed it since the first 2 times I did it when it released. I also replayed MGS a couple of years back. That first playstation era of games and even stuff like zelda OOT and golden eye around the same time was a real special era for games that todays stuff doesn't or isn't able to compete with. Everything is too broken up now, too much gouging and shit going on. The accountants are ruining things.
>>
>>321634529
but FF7 remakes combat looks like type-zero.
>>
File: 1435278225375.jpg (362 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1435278225375.jpg
362 KB, 1200x900
>>321638930

I feel you, man. I try not to let it get to me because I don't like blaming the modern-game-design boogeyman (as I still enjoy a lot of modern titles) but there's no denying it's different now.

Lots of people complain that this is a pretty dry year for vidya but I'm okay with that. Playing or replaying the classics is where it's at.
>>
File: 123.jpg (45 KB, 902x255) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
45 KB, 902x255
>>321638192
Lucrecia had weird taste in men
>>
>>321639003
no it doesn't
>>
>>321638930
I think it's more videogames are a global thing now. Back in 97 videogames were much more niche. So you made games for a specific audience who you knew was going to buy it. Calling people retards. A preteen hitting on a mentally unstable crossdresser. Using a dolphin to infiltrate a government airstrip? A liondog masquerading as a soldier? Getting mugged by duckmen in the slums. You could do shit like that because JRPG audiences like those kinds of silly things. But now you have to think about everyone. A hero with super spikey hair and a fucked up psyche might not appeal to people who are more down to earth and can't suspend their disbelief that far. And there's more of them then there are JRPG fans. So you have to kind of ground your game more so that they may be more attracted to it.

Now I'm just using FF7 as an example. FF7 is a legendary, generation defining game regardless of whether you like it or not. But there's a reason you don't see games like it anymore. For the same reason you don't see games like Ratchet and Clank anymore either.
>>
>>321629132
Fun fact. This house is actually held up by four cats, who are assaulting you with a house of doom. Go ahead, look that shit up.
>>
Guys I know a lot of you are excited for FFVIIr, and I understand why. We've been asking for it for years.

But with AAA games being geared for profit lately (retarded fresh out of school code moneys laid on the cheap, complicated or non standard ideas being axed, ease of development prioritized over innovation, etc) and the content Square has put out lately (Lightning),I am more than willing to say this:

You are 100% delusional if you think FFVIIr will be good/won't have 75% of the stuff that was awesome in the original cut out. That's all there is to it. So please reign in your optimism, refuse to pre order, and maybe even pirate the fucker to see if its actually any good before you rush out and give positive wallet votes. Thanks.
>>
>>321639132
Lucrecia was all about SCIENCE!

Love or other soppy shit like that didnt enter into it.
>>
File: 14386489965464.jpg (865 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
14386489965464.jpg
865 KB, 1280x1440
>>321639178
They are both real-time ATB combat.I don't think it will be another combat so much.
>>
>>321634529

>that pic

*unzips dick*
>>
>>321638756
What was the Honey Bee Inn anyway? Some kind of whore house? Why were there buff weightlifters working there? I don't understand.
>>
>>321634878

>1 million years in blender
>>
>>321639569
>Some kind of whore house?
Yes.
>Why were there bodybuilders there?
Men can be whores too.
>>
>>321639327
I'm actually against the idea of spending so much resources on a remake.
I know that Square does completely different stuff now but I'm fine with it, from time to time, as long as it stays original.
>>321639520
Type-0 is pure action, you just assign skills and one item for quick use. VIIR has some menu for that.
>>
>>321639569
Honey Bee services all genders of any sexual preference. Hopefully that answers your question.
>>
>>321639569
It was just a place of general degeneracy and debauchery.
>>
>>321639381
She'd probably fuck post-experiment Vincent just to see what the babies would be like

>tfw no cute HELLMASKER daughter
>>
>>321639520
Kind of confused as to why summon is an option that early.
>>
File: Titty slap goddess.png (16 KB, 89x264) Image search: [Google]
Titty slap goddess.png
16 KB, 89x264
>>321636342
Mechadinos, new weapons project.
I mean come on, this is the fucking head of Weapons Development, you just know half the budget went on cocaine.
>>
>>321639780
Probably just a placeholder
>>
>>321639760
Vincent's Limit Breaks are one of the things that Im looking forward to the most in the Remake.
>>
>>321639760
>you will never have a crazy scientist girlfriend who will let you casually impregnate her
>>
>>321639825
I hope they actually let you control him this time.
>>
>>321639780
Just a placeholder. That entire Battle Scene is just something for the Trailer.

For starters, Cloud and Barrat never battled Shinra troops together after bombing the first or second reactors. 1st one had Cloud fight them on his own and then escape onto the train where AVALANCE was waiting, 2nd one had Cloud fall into the slums.
>>
>giant megalopolis larger than any other city in the world
>small, insignificant podunk town
>chocobo ranch
>naval harbour with a giant gun
>that connects only to a holiday resort town

How did Midgar survive. How did any of this work. How did the world function in any capacity.
>>
>>321639780
Lightning summon as a preorder bonus
>>
>>321639878
Even if they dont it will be awesome to see him going nuts as Chaos next to you whilst you fight.
>>
>>321639916
>How did Midgar survive

It didnt.

Its growth was entirely down to Shin-ra and their exploitaiton of Mako. It experienced crazy quick growth that was in no way sustainable and then died out as quickly as it built up
>>
>>321639916
A better question is how did Midgar START? Where the fuck did all those raw materials come from?
>>
>>321639916
I am not disagreeing with you entirely, but Ancient Rome/Italy and New York City/New York are pretty good examples as to how a power house economy can sustain a bunch of shit that shouldn't exist outside said city. They are also good examples as to how a huge metropolis can be a giant fucking drain on a bunch of shit outside said city, depending on the time era.

A better question is where the fuck is all the ariable farmland?
>>
>>321639118

Yeah I didn't mean to shit on everything new either. Some stuff that came after as technology moved on has been awesome. Stuff like a few of the older mmo's have given me experiences I will never forget too, even if some of the newest ones do seem to be beating the dead horse. Some of the modern 3D RPG's and openworld games are great too. TES and fallout, witcher, stalker, that kind of stuff.

But yeah. The audiences are much bigger now and while there was a lot of shit even back then, there's the same percentage now, which equals 10 times the amount of shit to wade through. And a hell of a lot more marketing for it.
>>
File: _74949374_img_maars.jpg (15 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
_74949374_img_maars.jpg
15 KB, 304x304
>>321624784
they'll just make it more realistic.
>>
>>321640081
Maybe it started out as a shithole which grew (hence the slums) then they found out about Mako energy and decided just to build on top of that. As for resources, idk probably took some from Corel or something.
>>
>>321624905
the lore deepens
>>
>>321624784
Shinra spy house. FFVII is very cartoony, it's not too far fetched.
>>
>>321638021
underrated post
>>
>>321639916
By literally sucking the life out of its surrounding area. Both physically and metaphorically.

The area surrounding Midgar is a barren, diseased wasetland that only Midgar Zoloms could enhabit. It also sucked in people from the surrounding areas who were looking for some kind of work.

Hell, just look at places like Rio De Janeiro or Sao Paolo to see what happens when the only place people within 500 miles can even hope to get a job is in the city.
>>
>>321625061
This is why realism is bad.
>>
Comfy songs from FFVII?
https://youtu.be/1wWLaSp-n6k
>>
>>321630506
Can't wait to see Touch Me in HD.
>>
>>321640306
>FUCK YOU DAD ILL BE A MOTORCYCLE IF I WANT
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.