[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think we'll ever get a L4D3? Honestly I'd be fine with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Left4Dead_Windows_cover.jpg (75 KB, 280x389) Image search: [Google]
Left4Dead_Windows_cover.jpg
75 KB, 280x389
Think we'll ever get a L4D3?
Honestly I'd be fine with a remastered version with some new campaign areas/weapons/etc
>>
It was confirmed when their version tracker thing leaked, but I think they shelved it to actually finish HL3.
>>
>>321618564
mind filling me in on this version tracker thing?
>>
>>321618731
they misconfigured their internal software repository and it was viewable online for a short time. like 40 employees were assigned to work on L4D3. Bunch of people were assigned to work on HL3 also. Also contained a bunch of canceled projects/stuff that never got off the ground.

Both "3" games are confirmed though.
>>
>>321618564
you mean 'start' hl3. because a year or two age gabe straight up said they never even started it.

nothing is 'confirmed' you fucking tool
>>
>>321618918
>because a year or two age gabe straight up said they never even started it.

never happened
>>
it's basically confirmed but the idea of any valve franchise getting a 3 before HL just has a sour taste

8 FUCKING YEARS CLIFFHANGER

can I at least get like a webcomic ending, gaben?
>>
File: 2015-11-30_00001.jpg (265 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_00001.jpg
265 KB, 1600x900
>>321618464
l4d3 needs to expand things.

CEDA vs Infected vs Survivors vs Military

Better gibbing system
More urban maps
more guns/meelee
Maybe a couple more special infected or just added ability's to the already existing.
>>
>>321619158
the single "good vibrations" by beach boys was released in 1966

the album "smile" by brian wilson which is the actual album for the single was released in 2004
>>
>>321619018
yes it did. he did an interview and when asked about it he said they needed both people to work on it, and a reason. you know what that reason is? microtransactions

he even mentioned what they didnt want to repeat what they did with portal 2, aka release a normal game that people want to play and not have the ability to shove microtransactions down your throat where people will actually buy it

you are a fucking drone, go back to reddit where everyone will suck gabes dick
>>
>>321618464
they would have to fix L4D2 and deliver their promise of more content for L4D1, so no.
>>
>>321618464
Let's hope not. The last thing we need is another shitty broken pile of shit from Valve.
>>
>>321619290
>just straight up making shit up
>>
Play Vermintide.

Way better and has great post-release support.
>>
>>321619220
>l4d3 needs to expand things.
>CEDA vs Infected vs Survivors vs Military
story not important
>Better gibbing system
they need a new modern engine with more game mechanics
>More urban maps
and to remove invisible walls
>more guns/meelee
they need to balance their T2 guns and nerf melee weapons. need to remove defib, nerf adrenaline and nerf certain throwables like bile jar
>Maybe a couple more special infected or just added ability's to the already existing.
yes
>>
>>321619480
get fucked you drone, go back to sucking LE GABENS XD dick

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/18/8253189/gabe-newell-valve-half-life
>>
>>321619738
>story not important
i agree it just expands gameplay for multiplayer

and they just need to remove the bile.
>>
>>321619738
Sounds like dying light on a crack high.
>>
L4D would be better with Dying Light combat.
>>
Is contaigen any good? Friend gifted to me and i just cant get the hang of it
>>
>>321619741
yeah i knew what you were talking about but you twisted it to misinterpret it however you wanted

he didn't even suggest they aren't making hl3, he said specifically, "a super classic type of product" like just making a hl2 type game. of course they wouldn't do that, what dense person would think they would?

Ive been saying for years now that hl3 will be a drop in drop out large world coop game where you play as resistance fighters trying to take the world back from the combine

>le reddit le reddit gabes dick xd

try working on your reading comprehension first. theres a reason he skirted around mentioning hl3 specifically and always does.

I guess the 120 people assigned to work on HL3 when their repository leaked was just in my imagination also :))
>>
>>321619256
so you're saying that valve has a critical mental illness hindering development. It all makes sense suddenly...
>>
>>321619978
just been busy with other shit senpai. i care way more about dota 2 than i possibly could about other shit, though i do eagerly await l4d3 largely because i made a lot of friends in 2 and it was a great social/have fun type game.

it is very odd that they maintain 100+ development staff and aren't coming out with games. one would think very big things are being developed just due to numbers.
>>
I'll be happy with lfd3 if it wasn't free for at-least 4/5 years. And you don't get kicked if you missed a charge or got fucked as a tank cause all your teammates are shitty Brazilians who think tanks don't need special support.

Also no cosmetics no weapon skins in case valve gets any sneaky ideas
>>
I hope the Steam comic is an ARG for Half-Life 3.
>>
File: 1333018879233.jpg (20 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
1333018879233.jpg
20 KB, 400x368
>>321620234
>no cosmetics

unlikely broseph. why would you even not want cosmetics? l4d is the perfect game for cosmetics.
>>
>>321620351
$5 hunter batman skin
$5 Ellis lime green/bright pink Mexican hat
$5 hulk tank skin
$5 smoker snoop-dog skin

Keep it a B horror movie feel. Valve has tf2/CSGO for cosmetics
>>
>>321620831
valve cosmetics dont work like that bruh. dont take tf2 as an example. it is their toilet.

it'd be a lot more like $1 green plaid shirt, $1 red plaid shirt, $2 tuxedo tshirt, etc
>>
>>321620351
>hats ruining the silhouettes devs spent years perfecting to be readable at a glance

fuck that
>>
>>321620234
>Also no cosmetics no weapon skins in case valve gets any sneaky ideas

they'll just do what they did with Dota and say they won't do cosmetics and then do them anyway and no one will care because the playerbase is made up of faggots.
>>
File: Untitled.png (223 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
223 KB, 1366x768
>>321621146
Oh sorry more like $10 batman hunter hat

$5 campaign coin. Mission kill 10 hunters only using melee reward one crate you need a 2.50 key to open with
>>
>>321621502
>dont take tf2 as an example. it is their toilet.

tf2 is effectively abandoned m8 and the stuff coming out now is for people that are whales and just continue to throw money into it. considerations of quality or economy have long passed.
>>
>>321621607
I don't even like Moba games but I assume this wolf thing isn't meant to wear a cowboy costume and must look really out of place in the lore and vanilla art style

How would you like Ellis with a lime green shirt or the hunter dressed as a zombie cowboy. Wouldn't look good would ruin the feel and art-style of the game and you can expect more trade servers then actual in game servers
>>
File: okMTw.png (167 KB, 512x340) Image search: [Google]
okMTw.png
167 KB, 512x340
>>321621607
>>321622050
Forgot pic
>>
>>321622050
>I don't even like Moba games but I assume this wolf thing isn't meant to wear a cowboy costume and must look really out of place in the lore and vanilla art style

cowboy costume? it's an octoberfest costume. you think cowboys wear lederhosen?

you picked a really poor example, the community reacted extremely negatively to that set so it was completely removed, never to return, and there has never been anything else like it. dota sets pretty much stay in-universe without exception.

BTW that complete set runs about $3000 to give you an idea of how rare it is. I have never seen anyone wear a single piece of it.
>>
>>321622414
I didn't take a good look at the costume I just saw the hat and gloves.

Still doesn't take away the fact there could be cowboy hunters or chargers with football helmets on. Let alone duck and pink gun skins in a game with pretty darn heavy horror vibes.

As well as destroying any art direction and easy enemy identification
>>
>>321622915
>Still doesn't take away the fact there could be cowboy hunters or chargers with football helmets on.

bro they're not going to do tasteless shit that will lower their sales. you seem to be applying other company logic to valve. valve is just outright smarter than other companies, theyve proven it a thousand times. its just illogical to think that shit would ever be in a l4d because it's in a TF2. TF2 is literally a cartoon. it's meant to be silly and ridiculous.
>>
>>321619665
Then how come no one ever talks about it?
>>
They should take notes from competitive configs, and make difficulty an option in versus. Vanilla versus hold survivor's hands too much.
>>
File: large.jpg (23 KB, 625x267) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
23 KB, 625x267
>>321623024
As a long time tf2 player your wrong about tf2. It's not actually cartoonish art-style it's based on several early impressionist American artists. With a solid setting and art-style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPkDQnM0JI Watch this

http://theinspirationgrid.com/character-design-concept-art-by-moby-francke/

But now with cosmetics it's a shell of it's former art-style
>>
>>321623761
Also this is just as important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MB1s2dV5g
>>
>>321623761
>it's not actually cartoonish
>even though the characters are rendered in a cartoon rendering style and have cartoonish mannerisms, personalities, and aspects

ooooooookay buddy.
>>
>>321623903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MB1s2dV5g

HURR Watch it
>>
>>321624036
dude there isnt anything about tf2 i dont know. it doesnt matter if the characters were inspired by the shit youre talking about. they literally are cartoons. it is fact

TF2 owes as much to MGM as it does to any propaganda art and old timey american bullshit
>>
>>321623434
>an option
>versus

Left4Dead has always been a competitive online versus game.
>>
>>321624249
you didnt even comprehend the post youre replying to apparently. why do people here constnatly do this?
>>
File: 35i5fg2.jpg.png (362 KB, 842x838) Image search: [Google]
35i5fg2.jpg.png
362 KB, 842x838
>>321624121
If you actually prefer the thing on the left there's something very wrong with you.

It isn't really that cartoonist I would argue skull girls is cartoonish whereas tf2 is much different to that.

Still even if you believe it's 100% cartoonish the game still had a very distinct and eye pleasing art-style and all the hats and cosmetics ruined it. Much the same would happen with lfd3. Just look at the lfd2 workshop now it's full of anime/Shrek mods and the community full of 12 year old and free to play Brazilians would eat up all the shit cosmetics

So that's why lfd3 should have no cosmetics otherwise it would become even more cancerous. Or would you prefer Ellis to have a lime green shirt and the hunter to be a zombie cowboy?
>>
>>321624249
How did you misinterpret my post this hard.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.