[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FreeMcBooty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
So, today I decided to dig my ps2 out of the grave and revive it with some ancient dark magic. I've been looking into soft modding the machine to give it some extra life and knock off a lot of my backlog. I know it's pretty old at this point, but is it a simple process? I've already had to crack open my system to clean the lens, so I'm not new to cracking the boy open. I just purchased some dvd-r's and 007 agent under fire in perpetration for the process. I can't wait till they come in the mail. PS2 mod thread I guess
>>
>>321607348
Mod ps2 is godlike, but you are terribly late anon. I've played almost everything worthy on the system at this point. Once PS3 mod becomes legit, I will dive in head first. Have fun anon.
>>
the best way to pirate games once you've got free mcboot installed is to use open PS2 loader and play games from a hard drive
>>
Why not just emulate them?
>>
>>321609345
This, buy a hard drive and the HDD adapter and you're set for a good time
>>
>>321609501
PS2 emulation doesn't work very well. Many games are listed as "playable" but that just means you can play them from start to finish. It says nothing about how well they'll play.
>>
>>321609573
Can't you also use a usb flash drive as well?
>>
>>321610218
it's possible, but the PS2's USB ports are USB 1.1 which is slower than the disc drive. that means longer loading times, and problems in games like stuttering videos. it's far from ideal.
if you absolutely can't use an internal hard drive to play games, streaming games over the network is a better choice than that.
>>
>>321609345
If i do this can I play namco x capcom with the english patch?
>>
>>321611131
Of course! English full patched version has also been out for quite some time
>>
At this point you may as well emulate, the only advantage to using an actual PS2 is for the bootup, and I'm sure you can probably emulate the startup as well
>>
>>321611343
Thanks man im gonna look more into this
>>
>>321609573

I have a slim, can I use a HDD or am I stuck with networking ISOs?
>>
>>321607348
the 007 method is pretty simple.

Basically what you do is play the game until the second level, save, and then create a modified backup dvd of 007:AUF that includes a program called ulaunchelf.

Then you start the game up and go to the level select. While you're on the level select you swap the OG 007:AUF disc with the modded dvd backup (this is the only part that requires taking the cover off)

You select level 2 and it boots into ulaunchelf. from there you can transfer the FMCB files from your usb flash drive to your memory card and your good to go.

also if you're playing games via DVD you have to patch the iso with the ESR patcher before you burn it. wasted like 3 dvds the first time i tried doing it.

You can also burn PS1 backups on CDs, unfortunately the only way to play them is by doing a swap trick with an actual ps1 game via a program called PSXlauncher.elf.

>>321611131
yeah you can do it either way (dvd or hdd). all english patches/undubs/mods will work
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.