[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why isn't there a sandbox game ala FO:NV set in the Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: fallout-starwars.jpg (130 KB, 582x744) Image search: [Google]
fallout-starwars.jpg
130 KB, 582x744
So why isn't there a sandbox game ala FO:NV set in the Star Wars universe? A game that puts you in some planet like Tatooine and then lets you decide a path that you want, like joining the Rebels or the Empire as pilot or a force-sensitive hero/villain or fucking everyone over and becoming a bounty hunter.

>inb4 KOTOR
>>
it was called swg and it was 12 years ago.
>>
Don't be surprised if EA make an open world Star Wars game.
>>
>>321605247
this sounds amazing
>>
>>321605247
>star wars game with 1 planet

its like you want it to fail.
>>
>>321605247
Visceral games (dead space devs) are making a open world star wars rpg
>>
>>321605817
>>321605817

Should add that the Uncharted 2 writer Amy Henig, is working on it as well.
>>
File: 1451101895435.jpg (29 KB, 220x324) Image search: [Google]
1451101895435.jpg
29 KB, 220x324
>>321605690
Only three fewer than Battlefront, family
>>
>>321605690
no you misunderstood you illiterate mong. you start in a planet of course. the whole story revolves in a system. you can't start in a fucking cruiser or in the millenium falcon. of course you have to be either recruited or enlisted by one of the factions.
>>
>>321605247
I always thought this would be what Bethesda would end up doing if they were smart. Hopefully we'll get someone who actually knows how to make an RPG on it though if we do ever get one.
>>
>>321606036
>todd together with jewjew abrahms.

NO thanks friend.
>>
it doesn't even need to be star wars, since the licensing for that game would be fucking expensive. just hire someone like Obsidian to do a galactic open world. all you need is an established autoritarian gov't, a rebellion, and some cool fucking character and world design
>>
Just play SWG in one of the private servers
>>
>>321606335
Star Wars has so much already laid out for it though. Not to mention brand recognition.
>>
>>321606335
I'd like a stargate game with something with new vegas or VtMB gameplay but i guess companions in the stargate settin would at least be 4 man teams. I wouldn't want some stupid explanation why you only have 2 at most traveling the worlds.
>>
>>321606335
so basically what mass effect failed to do
>>
>>321605817
>>321605940
what is it called
>>
>>321606591
MASS EFFECT TRILOGY WAS A MASTERPIECE DONE BY BIOWARE CANADA DONT YOU DARE INSULT THOSE HARDWORKING CANADIANS.
>>
>>321606667
Untitled as of now
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.