[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XIV Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: fat.jpg (5 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
5 KB, 160x90
I was thinking of getting it from HB, how long would the game be for a guy that only wants to do build 1 char?

I also may not have much time to play, does time pass by since you insert the key or does it count only with the logged in time ?
I have tried the trial already but I've never been an mmo fag
>>
if you play casually, you'll probably clear all the story content in 3 months.
>>
>>321589114
does story include reaching max level?
>>
File: fat2.jpg (99 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
fat2.jpg
99 KB, 960x540
bumping with fat chocobos
>>
Leveling your first class to 50 is probably going to be the worst grind in terms of leveling up.

The subscription does rely on real time, so if you still have time on the trial my suggestion would be to level up some secondary classes while you can, that way once you start actually playing the game, you can get into your Job faster without sacrificing time into your subscription.
>>
>>321589968
pretty good info, thanks anon
>>
>>321589441
If you're restricting yourself to A Realm Reborn, >>321589114 is probably a safe bet. With that said, if you're thinking about getting Heavensward too, I would hold off on that until you beat ALL of the story content for ARR - the game is unique like that where once you hit level 50, you're really halfway through the story content and the challenges comes from gearing yourself appropriately. You'll see fresh 50s and then people who have played the game with level 50 characters who might have twice as much health as them, again it comes back to the gear but you won't worry need to worry about that until you hit the point around after you hit 50 for the first time.
>>
>>321591536
alright, I might just get into it then
>>
>>321592119
The writing in Jak 2 was so fucking bad. Every time Daxter opened his fucking mouth I wanted to mute the game.
>>
>>321593640
good thing I only played ratchet & clank
>>
>>321593640
Wrong thread, dood.
>>
XIV is awful. Especially if you're only concerned with playing iit for the story experience. The story (while decent) is so mired is fetch quests that you can barely concentrate on it.
>>
>>321594521
And the development team don't seem to know what the fuck they are doing anymore. Heavensward has so far been absolutely shit outside of the campaign, with each patch we've had so far being a one disappointment after the other. They must have had massive budget/staff cuts because they are taking forever to get things out and when we do get it we get it half arsed. Diadem was supposed to harken back to the old days of MMOs. What we got was an instanced area that had a few other groups in them, and we all sat on one island and chain pulled enemies non-stop. It felt like we were doing fates for BIS gear. On top of that they wasted development time and money on Verminion which, surprise surprise, no one fucking plays.
>>
>>321594521
I got aware of that while in-trial but I just seem to love the FF atmosphere even if it means fetching items the entire game
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.