[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rockstar hasn't released a new game in over two years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: RD-Revolution-Title-Slip.jpg (57 KB, 580x290) Image search: [Google]
RD-Revolution-Title-Slip.jpg
57 KB, 580x290
>Rockstar hasn't released a new game in over two years

Fucking sucks. They're practically the only studio with games worth playing.

What would you like to see from them? RD3? Bully 2? Agent? GTA VI already? Something new?
>>
>>321578432
mods vs rockers
the warriors is the finest beat'm up / brawler i have ever played
>>
>>321578432
RDR3 and GTAV Expansion next year
if its online focused well then fuck em
>>
>>321579603
fag
>>
I'd like to finally see Agent if anything
>>
>games worth playing.
>Rockstar
Ahahahahahahaha
>>
>>321580120
What a hip opinion
>>
File: kXAxqGG.png (700 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
kXAxqGG.png
700 KB, 595x842
>>321578432
believe
>>
I want a 2016 warriors game so bad. That game with todays graphics/physics would make me shed tears of joy.
>>
pls no bully
>>
>>321579903
How's junior high?
>>
>>321581420
are you memeing or do you not like bully?
>>
>>321581541
fag
>>
State of Emergency 2

I think they could do it right this time.
>>
>>321578432
>They're practically the only studio with games worth playing.
Fuck off.
>>
Why would it be called Red Dead Revolution? Are you in the Civil War? The first game was Red Dead Revolver, it doesnt need to be some sort of event like redemption
>>
>>321582312

Show me another studio with games as high-quality, polished, and fluid as Rockstar's and then we'll talk.

I'm waiting, cuck.
>>
I hope whatever the next Red Dead game is, they will have the balls to make it feel larger. It should take hours to ride between towns and the game world should be massive with most of it being taken up by wilderness and desert.
>>
>>321582673

It'll never be bigger than the GTA V/Red Dead map, don't expect Cockstar to do anything cool
>>
>>321582479
Nintendo.
>>
Redemption fucking sucked, why do people keep asking for a sequel?
>>
>>321582779

I do like Nintendo but they don't really hold my attention as much as Rockstar. I'm just not as into what are essentially minigames/platformers/children's games.
>>
>>321578432
>They're practically the only studio with games worth playing.
Didn't know Rockstar drones posted here
>>
Online is their baby now.

You know how much some dumbasses spend on the microtransactions in it?
>>
File: when_they_pick_top_tier.jpg (43 KB, 524x435) Image search: [Google]
when_they_pick_top_tier.jpg
43 KB, 524x435
>>321582673
>>321582768
>How about a game, right, like, when you can do ANYTHING and it's fucking, like, 100 times the size of GTA5?
>how has nobody thought of this shit get? Am I a game design now?
>>
>>321582673
Red dead was a manageable size while still feeling expansive. Who would want to ride for 30mins in between a town v.s. 5?
>>
>>321582779
baby toy mastery
>>
>>321583064
I never said you should be doing everything.

One thing I really loved about Just Cause 2 was hoping in a sportscar and just driving along the coast.
>>
>>321582673
Redemption had a perfectly sized map, they only need to make it bigger by scale
>>
File: 1417124559885.jpg (73 KB, 412x385) Image search: [Google]
1417124559885.jpg
73 KB, 412x385
>mfw people call GTA V's controls "clunky"

Pisses me the fuck off. Saw some shit thread on Neocuck one time about it, got hundreds of replies, everyone wishing Rockstar would "follow Watch Dogs as an example".

If that actually happens it'll ruin the entire feel of the games. Rockstar's character movement isn't 100% responsive but I like that, the characters have actual fucking weight in the world and don't turn on a dime unlike other mediocre third person games.

The people who prefer "tight" controls to realistic, weighty controls are the same people who want "dildo weapons!!!" and fucking "jetpacks!!!!" in GTA. They're the same people who didn't like GTA IV's driving and probably prefer the arcadey garbage we got with V.
>>
So, where would be a good setting for a new red dead game, anyways? More of the same deserts and such would probably get tiring.

I'd like to see a larger forest area at the least, with shit like moose. Also more snow. I actually think the Rockies would make a good setting, early frontier days. You could have Forts as the main towns with cabins and native settlements out in the wilderness. Canoes for water travel
>>
File: denver+stock+show-4.jpg (146 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
denver+stock+show-4.jpg
146 KB, 500x330
>>321583907
Forgot pic but think this with greener areas, snowy areas, open fields, meadows and rivers as well
>>
>>321582479
What's high quality about them? And fluid is a buzzword.
>>
>>321582779
Fuck off, their last and only "good" game on Wii U was Super Mario 3d

Rockstar could be good if they drop their fucking cash grab on online, but that's where the sweet dosh is, so we are fucked, we are never gonna get a new game
>>
>>321583704
>dildo weapons
>jetpacks
To be fair, GTA is at its worst when it takes itself too seriously.
I'll take dealing cocaine out of an icecream truck over HEY COUSIN BEEG AMERICAN TEETEES any day of the week.
>>
RDR PC WHEN?
>>
>>321578432
They don't even need to make another game, technically. The sales success of GTA5 across three different launches basically set them for life. There's rumors that a second Bully is in the works, but no one has much idea to anything they may be planning.
>>
>open world city
>drive to marked spot on map
>do some basic third person shooting
>watch cutscene
>repeat
>>
Bully 2 has been in development for 2 years so far
>>
>>321584423
To be equally fair, GTA5 basically swaps on a dime between a grim massacre, gang warfare, drug sambas, hijinks, mass destruction for gratification and numerous other things on a dime. It takes itself more seriously than Saints Row, but isn't afraid to let loose with the satire and over-the-top shit.
>>
>>321579603
this... i loved playing the mode where its just a bunch of guys on the rooftop level. I forget what its called. the game overall was fun..
>>
>>321583704
>>321584423
this to be honest
the same people that want realistic GTA are the same that think it has good writing
>>
>>321581313
same
>>
Agent > Red Dead 3 > GTA VI > Bully 2
>>
>>321584058

The fluidity in gameplay, physics, character control, etc. is incredibly realistic and hasn't been matched by any other game. That's what I'm referring to. There's also the movie-level story execution. Whether or not you enjoy the writing itself, you can't deny Rockstar's cutscenes are leagues and leagues ahead of the competition.

To compare and contrast, here's a mission from GTA V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuvwq2anb0

And one from Assassin's Creed Syndicate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EylzzicSDMo

It's not even remotely close. Syndicate is cluttered, janky, 'gamey' (perfect word to describe it), while GTA V is smooth as fuck and far ahead of the curve. These features are exaggerated even further to laymen, hence the 52 million copies sold.

I've said this before and I'll say it till someone surpasses them, Rockstar games are the closest we've come to movie-quality in games. In terms of story execution, physics fluidity and overall presentation.
>>
>>321578432
R3D D3AD
>>
Niggers, if Agent is coming out sometime soon then they have plans for the next game already. If they do a new RD game it'll be after agent, then we won't hear from r* until the next GTA thing comes out.
>>
>>321584051
i think a setting like the movie "cold mountain" would be cool.
>>
>>321584423
>>321585550

GTA V is the perfect balance between meme and grit, to be quite honest. And the story is still executed far better than any other game I've seen. Some JRPG from 1996 may have (slightly) better writing but it certainly can't compete in voice acting, cinematography and overall presentation.
>>
They're doing a "Fallout 4" way of doing things (well, hopefully)

They know people will buy their game no matter what, if the marketing is good enough. Announce it 6 months before launch, and have a super condensed marketing campaign leading up to that date. Don't let internal delays etc. get in the way, release when ready. Plus they dont wanna trample on what's already bringing mad dolla, why should they?
>>
>>321585964
>And the story is still executed far better than any other game I've seen.
You need to play more games and read more books.
>>
>>321586198

Show me a game with higher quality presentation. Also books are an entirely different medium friend.
>>
>>321586367
First you need to argument why you think GTA's apresentation and writing are high quality.
>>
>>321578432
I'm not sure if I'd want Red Dead 3 at this point
>>
>>321585706
>gamey
>bad
>>
>>321586532
see
>>321585706

Writing doesn't matter when your presentation is shit. GTA V's writing doesn't compare to literature or film, no, but with the way it's presented it's still far ahead of its competition. Naughty Dog has the advantage of 100% linearity, but that completely negates the point of an interactive medium in the first place.

>>321586634

Yes, it is bad. Gameplay complexity is good (exactly why Fallout 4 is shit), but gamey presentation is bad.
>>
>>321586860
So you're saying GTA V is good because it's more like a movie than other games? You're a complete idiot mate.
>>
>>321585964
GTA V is a trash game, only retards could find the gameplay entertaining for more than an hour or two. Basically a less fun, uglier Just Cause with a more engaging story but equally boring setting/atmosphere.
>>
>>321587076

No, that's actually not what I'm saying. It's one of its advantages. It has gamey features + cinematic presentation, which is the key to maturing the medium. No one has figured it out but them.

You have high levels of interactivity + high-quality presentation. Most games are either one or the other, Uncharted 4 will be the latter and pretty much everything else is the former. Rockstar games are both.

>>321587092

Just Cause looks worse to me, at least on ultra settings at 1440p. And I have way more fun with GTA V. I enjoy exploring the world and taking in the scenery much more than flying around like Spiderman 2bh.
>>
>>321587603
No, you're retarded. Cinematic belongs to film, which is a completely different medium, it has no business in video games.
What the medium needs is more games that take advantage of the inherent capabilities of video games, like Dark Souls, Portal and Pathologic, not more cinematic 3rd person open world games.
>>
Red Dead 3 was already confirmed in development a few years ago.

http://arcadesushi.com/take-two-ceo-hints-at-red-dead-bioshock-sequels/
>>
File: autism.png (30 KB, 417x505) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
30 KB, 417x505
>>321578432

Their to busy with Shark Cards Simulator 2.5 rev324
>>
>>321582673
Awful.
>>
>>321583704
All I want is a gta like this
>free aim doesn't have aim acceleration
>shooting doesn't feel like shit and weapons actually feel responsive
>fun driving like in 4
>>
>>321588123

Solid interactivity + cinematic (or realistic) presentation is the key. We don't need more linear experiences with boring reward systems and dull visuals.

Either way, the pendulum is swinging my way. Interactive entertainment is leaning toward the "experience" I want rather than the game you want. Perhaps you are retarded friend.
>>
>>321588902
Fuck off mate. Interactive I agree, but video games have no place looking realistic or cinematic, they should look like you know, video games.
>>
>>321589536

Well, kill yourself I guess. Photorealistic games will be here in five or ten years and there'll be no looking back. I guess you'll have to stick to indie games with "retro art".
>>
>gtav single player expansion never
>bully 2 never

Fuck rockstar.
>>
>>321589659
>muh photorealism!!
You're the cancer killing video games. I hope you're proud.
>>
>>321589852

I am. I hope you know I represent the vast majority too. Games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne will be considered "outdated" and "embarrassing" in ten years, while hopefully GTA-esque titles will be given all the praise.
>>
>>321578432
The only correct answer is Bully 2. Everything else is wrong and can wait.
>>
File: Baseballfury.jpg (67 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Baseballfury.jpg
67 KB, 600x338
>>321578432
>tfw no new Warriors game were we play as the true good guys
Fuck I miss my old PS2 copy of that game, far too many hours were put into it.
>>
File: bully2.png (249 KB, 457x639) Image search: [Google]
bully2.png
249 KB, 457x639
>>321578432
>>
File: quora qt.png (1 MB, 817x817) Image search: [Google]
quora qt.png
1 MB, 817x817
>>321592926
What sort of school setting will this even take place in now? Are the subcultures and social groups even the same thing anymore? From the times I can remember from highschool you had nerds, jocks, emos, mallgoths, skaters, stoners and gang prospectors but I don't even know if its still the same with that now given how long its been since I left school.
>>
>>321590053
Games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne will be considered classics and you'll find GTAV in the bargain bin for 2 bucks is more likely.
>>
File: trustme.jpg (97 KB, 718x402) Image search: [Google]
trustme.jpg
97 KB, 718x402
I work in the industry, this is what my company (competitor) knows for a fact:

New Red Dead game has been in development for a while. It's been delayed due to the fact that GTA V is still insanely profitable and they've had some issues with the development of the game. They really want to make this game excellent. Rockstar usually starts marketing their games a year before release so they should announce it within the next six months. We already expected them to announce it late 2015.

After that they're doing Bully 2.
>>
>>321593372
In a modern college setting the factions would be:
>SJW's
(feminists and white knights)
>Gym-Heads
(body building bros and Instagram models),
>Weeaboos
(Anime and Cosplay obsessed people)
>Geeks
(tech-savy hipsters)
>Thugs
(violent gangsters and hoes)
>Normies
(generally chill people who will help the main character)
>>
>>321593372

Well it could be set in the 80s or 90s

Also of course there are still social groups, they're just different
>>
>>321582234
Theres already A State of emergency 2
Cant remember but the first one was Rockstar published right ?
>>
>>321587603
>You have high levels of interactivity + high-quality presentation. Most games are either one or the other, Uncharted 4 will be the latter and pretty much everything else is the former. Rockstar games are both.
They allow you to drive around town and fool around with a cellphone, but the shooting is shit, the missions are shit, the game is a cinematic experience like any other.
>>
Aren't they working on Whore of the Orient?
>>
>>321595148
Thats Team Bondi who developed LA noire
>>
>>321595102
The shooting on consoles may be shit but not on pc, thats some max payne 3 quality
The mission design is shit i agree
>cinematic experience
You dont need to play the story you know that right
>>
>>321583704
havent played V but comparing IV driving to LA Noire which i assume is the same as V it was total shit. Shouldn't 50's cars actually have less control?

Also i loved cruising in IV and following the law while setting the weather to something dreary, or at sunset/daybreak. Seeing the bridges between buildings, fuck gotta get this shit right now

Is this why people like EuroTruck Sim? is there one set in a city?
>>
Rockstar used to be good. But then with GTA Online they've become just another jewish microtransaction company. Yawn. Now, all they care about is muh shark cards. Why should they put the effort into making new games when they can just literally release the exact same game multiple times on different platforms, and then soak up all that delicious shark card money from the legions of kids/idiots who play their shitty GTAO loading screen simulator.

If Rockstar do announce a brand new game, even if it is Red Dead, don't get too excited, just look at GTA Online and remember this is no longer the based developer it used to be.
>>
>>321583704
GTA IV's driving was shit. I mean, what kind of vehicle is limited to a 15 degree turn at 35 mph? Rockstar acknowledged that IV's controls were "boat like" for a reason.

I don't mind realistic, as long as it is actually realistic. Go out and drive a real vehicle before you start talking about how realistic something is.
>>
>>321597145
I would agree, except GTAV's single player did not feel gypped in any fashion. RD3 shouldn't be any different. Horrible online, and worth its weight in gold based on the single player alone.
>>
>>321597503
This was meant for >>321596819
>>
>>321597145
>Exaggeration: the post

GTA4 handing was if you were going super high speed there is no reason for you to be able to take a turn like that.

Much of GTA4's problem I will admit was that virtually every car was a rear wheel drive car. If Rockstar made most of those cars front wheel drive like they are in real life then you wouldnt have that issue
>>
>>321597503
Well, I'd still be cautious. You know how these things go. With this sort of thing, games tend to start out amazing and get gradually less so with each new release.

Before GTAV, I wouldn't think for a moment that Rockstar would do something like that. But now? Rockstar are kings and they know it. Their games are guaranteed millions. And, now they know how much they can make with shark cards/online, too.
>>
>>321594793
>thugs
>college
>>
>>321597849
>GTA4 handing was if you were going super high speed there is no reason for you to be able to take a turn like that.
No, it was even ridiculous starting at medium speeds. In real life, you CAN turn no matter the speed. You just start increasing your consequences for sharper turns at higher speeds.

>>321598210
>Rockstar are kings and they know it.
Rockstar is smarter than your average developer though. They know they can exploit multiplayer as long as they create a wonderful single player. Sure, they can fuck up like the rest, but they will probably need a large change in management before that happens.
>>
>>321582081
fag
>>
>>321585710
>>321580432
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.