[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: dark-souls-01.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-01.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I just buy this shit, what class should I pick ?
also dark souls thread
>>
>>321570918
Classes don't mean shit later in the game, just pick something you think will fit you the most.
>>
All classes do is change your starting stats.
>>
Classes are just custom stats point allocations; you can start as a warrior and end becoming a wizard. Just choose the one you find the most interesting.
>>
>>321570918
Don't pick pyro I was tricked into doing it by v but it sucks
>>
pyromancer for easy start
>>
>>321571279
>getting fireball right at the beginning
you start of with decent gear too
>>
Deprived is overall more balanced and versatile
>>
>>321570918
For a first playthrough it doesn't matter, just take your time and level what you want to

Although Warrior / Knight is arguably the most noob friendly starter because of the equipment

Classes only really matter if you're in to PVP and need to stick to a minmaxed soul level
>>
>>321570918
Classes are starting stats and gear. If you start as a knight there won't be a problem if you change your mind and want to be a sorcerer character.
Knight, Warrior, and Bandit are pretty well-rounded.
Sorcerer if you want to start out with spells
Don't pick thief, master key lets you take lots of shortcuts and spoils your first playthrough a bit
Wanderer if you're thinking you might want to use Dex weapons
Pyromancer is also pretty well rounded and you get a pyromancy catalyst right off the bat which can be kind of a pain to get
Also keep in mind if you want to use pyromancy you don't really have to build your character around it that much. You'll need to level up your attunement for extra spell slots but other than that the only thing between you and a fully upgraded pyromancy catalyst is finding the right spells and people and spending a ton of souls
>>
people saying the starting class doesn't matter don't minmax. you can actually save a few points by picking a warrior if you're doing a quality build (which you should, 27 STR, 40 VIT/END/DEX).

if you don't care and just wanna have fun then pick the pyromancer. comes with one of the best weapons in the game and a spell.
>>
>>321571956
>first time ever playing the game
>worrying about minmaxing

It's like you don't want him to have fun.
>>
Pyromancer or Wanderer if you actually care about min/max
>>
>>321571956
Jesus christ. Just let the guy have fun with the fucking game; if he wants to min-max once he knows the game good for him, but for now it's not the time.
It's because of pigs like you that DaS2 had the awful Soul Memory system.
>>
>>321572043
>>321572320
>>321572043
I don't have fun unless I minmax everything. who knows, maybe he's the same.
>>
Wizard if you like dick.
Knight if you're a faggot.
Bandit if you like memes.
>>
Don't go to the graveyard or New Londo(the ghost town) in the beginning
>>
>>321571279
what
>>
thanks /v/, the download should end soon.
any extra advice ?
>>
>>321573117
Kill the dogs first.
>>
>>321573117
go in blind, it's fun to fuck up.
>>
>>321573117
Don't level Resistance
>>
>>321573117
When you get to firelink don't go to the graveyard or the underground ghost town, look for a set of stairs to go up that has weak hollows around.
>>
>>321573117
Points put into Vit and End are never wasted.
Points put into Res are always wasted.
>>
>>321573117
Don't give up
>>
>>321573414
I'm pretty sure you meant endurance.
>>
>>321573414
I thought he was playing Dark 1? Endurance effects your rolls, not Vitality.
>>
>>321573521
>>321573529
Holy shit sorry, I'm drunk.
Vitality defines you max HP
Endurance is the one ruling over your stamina and equipment weight.
Resistance is the useless one.
Will delete my post and commit suicide as atonement.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.