[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hadn't played MH in well over a month, but messing around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: MH4-Hunting_Horn_Render_023.png (46 KB, 330x190) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Hunting_Horn_Render_023.png
46 KB, 330x190
I hadn't played MH in well over a month, but messing around with the hunting horn got me interested in the game again. what are some tips for someone new to MH to play the song of my people while beating the shit out of monsters? Currently using pic related.
>>
Don't be a fag and just stand in the back to play songs. Learn to line up songs while beating monster's faces in.
>>
>>321563451
I hit things in the face and then play songs in their face until they're dead.
>>
>>321563451
Use it like a hammer and get a song or two in if you can.
>>
Stand in the back and play negate stamina use, and get a few hits in to looks like you're doing things. It's the best weapon ever.
>>
>>321564384
What shit HH players do you hunt with
>>
>>321564384
That is by a good way to use the HH, bash the monsters head in, play songs when you got an opening, if needed. You only need to learn the two-three songs
>>
>>321565009
That is not *
>>
Get a horn with Negate Stamina Use and Attack Up
>>
>>321566019
>attack up
>not negate status ailments
>>
>>321566171
Also not a bad choice. I prefer having an Attack Up horn around though since it makes hunts go so much faster if your group isn't full of shitters.
>>
>>321566346
Yeah, I also like blightproof song.
Solves a shit ton of problems.
>>
File: 1451086384721.png (78 KB, 270x350) Image search: [Google]
1451086384721.png
78 KB, 270x350
>playing MH4U
>G-Rank has been a bitch for a while
>Upgrade Matraca Hammer to G-Rank
>Everything dies in a few minutes
Hammer2strong

I want to play more but my L button is fucking me up and not as responsive anymore
>>
>>321566797
That said
>negate wind (L) and negate all wind don't nullify dragonwind like on kushala daora
FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>321566870
Man, MH4U was my first MH, I really liked Lance but then I heard people talking about how it got screwed over by most monsters used in 4U being a pain to fight with a lance. I didn't get what they were talking about until I started getting to shit like Rajang and Teostra at the end of HR, decided to give GS a whirl and everything went so much better.
>>
>>321566870
Trying to get that same hammer. Trying to get Diablos Z armor before I get back to hammer though.
Fucking hardhorns I've done like 30 runs and still cant get one
>>
>>321566915
Just bring some Poison Smoke Bombs for when the bullshit starts. Still a shitty monster.
>>
>>321567149
Those actually work?
I figured they didn't.
>>
>>321567046
I want to like lances, but those pokes feel so fucking weak, I never feel like I'm hurting anything and hunts take forever.
>>
>>321567372
Yeah, you basically have to be standing right on top of the fucker though. Might need to use a Flash Bomb to get him on the ground first.

>>321567468
If you git gud at countering and evading you can get most shit that's not super annoying done in like 12-15 minutes. But then you do those same fights in 5-10 minutes with most other weapons. Still, it's nice for getting mounts without being an IG shitter and Lances are good for status effects and elemental damage. Gravios lances are great for poison and the Najarla Twister line is fucking god tier paralysis. I like lancing in groups sometimes but I just can't do it solo anymore.
>>
>>321567719
Yeah, I can see how their shields would be useful in groups.
Even though I didn't figure out Tri well, I'm willing to give 3U a shot, since I think I can figure out a way work around underwater hunts now, after learning lances were good underwater and I'm no longer so shit at gunning.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.