[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AGDQ is coming 1/3/2016 What are you looking forward to, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 0104-AGDQ.jpg (12 KB, 470x246) Image search: [Google]
0104-AGDQ.jpg
12 KB, 470x246
AGDQ is coming 1/3/2016

What are you looking forward to, what are you hoping to not see, etc?

let's be real though have we reached peak speedrunning?
>>
I'm looking forward to all the cuckposting.
>>
It's speed running. I don't plan on watching it.
>>
Bloodborne, but that is about it.
>>
People only watch this shit for the runner drama/autism these days anyway.
>>
Is Miss Narcissa Wright attending?
>>
>most events are filled to the brim with the same nintendo games everyone played as a kid, speedrun for the 6000th time or with some sort of gimmick
>this AGDQ is making those other ones look subdued by comparison

Oh boy I can't wait for more Zelda and chrono trigger runs.
>>
>>321563247
He's not doing any runs at least.
>>
File: nicholas-thalasinos1.jpg (21 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
nicholas-thalasinos1.jpg
21 KB, 780x439
The problem with speedrunning is simple

Faggots made it more about drama than the runs and the games.

Whether it be charity drama, management drama, certain individual drama, people somehow managed to turn something as pure as playing a video game fast into a fucking daytime soap.

This is the true reason of what went wrong with speedrunning and if you're one of those fags who likes the drama, then you are part of the problem.

Last I checked, I wanted to watch speedruns, not All My Children.
>>
more cringeworthy things that "trigger" sensitive fags
>>
>>321564019
>Faggots made it more about drama than the runs and the games.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
>>
>>321564019
By faggots you mean /v/ right?
>>
>Step 1: Fuck the drama, no one actually cares.
>Step 2: Watch the cool speedruns.
>Step 3: Have fun

Seriously guys. Don't watch the speedruns you don't care about, watch the ones you do.

Speedrunning isn't dead. There are events other than AGDQ. There are always new strats (if Super Metroid taught us anything). Stop complaining and just have fun.
>>
>>321565092
This. Speedrunning is only "dead" because of all the dramafags.

Can you fucks please fuck off?
>>
Is that the third of January or the first of March
>>
>>321564221
>That Crash 2 run from last GDQ
>>
>No Narcissa
No thanks. She makes these great.
>>
>>321565395
Kill yourself dramafag.
>>
A'ight fags, I quit watching speedruns around the time agdq 2014 was about to start. 2 questions - why did speed running die so slowly and cringeworthily, and did iateyourp1e sell out since then
>>
File: 7n_jackiestilladjusting01.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
7n_jackiestilladjusting01.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>people who watch speedrunning for the drama and complain its boring when there's none

What the fuck is your problem seriously?
>>
>>321565426
Wow, fucking misogynist.
>>
>>321565395
>she
>>
>>321565589
Because most of the speedrunning done at GDQ events aren't that interesting, no one really cares about chrono trigger 100% runs or megaman x 20 person races.

No one gave a fuck about drama when the wheel of time run was on at the last SGDQ
>>
>>321564221
>When the Polygon editor got mad because someone made a trigger joke
>>
>>321565913
Hope there are more where that came from.
>>
>>321564221
>>321565280
Things like this are the only reason to watch AGDQ
>>
>>321564896
Precisely.
>>
>>321566141
>>321565890
If you aren't interested in the speedruns but rather for drama or "cringe", then why the fuck are you even watching?
>>
I plan on coming on /v/ while it's happening to learn about all the cringe.
>>
>>321563507
>he
>>
>>321567012
For the drama and/or cringe, jesus fucking christ are you seriously this stupid?
>>
File: 9239.gif (721 KB, 227x165) Image search: [Google]
9239.gif
721 KB, 227x165
>>321567389
>she
>>
I'm mainly gonna plug in for the Punch Out Miniblock, then leave. The other games don't seem all that hype, or at least according to what little I skimmed of the google doc schedule.
>>
maybe I'll watch it this year so I finally know what you retards are talking about like "WHO BITCH IS THIS"
>>
File: 1376266660965.jpg (38 KB, 347x489) Image search: [Google]
1376266660965.jpg
38 KB, 347x489
Might watch some of it, but I just don't think I'm as excited for it these days as I used to be.
At the least I can't enjoy it on /v/ at all because I'm not a teenaged girl that enjoys gossip.

I'll be surprised if this thread contains at least 10% discussion of the games
>>
I'm watching but not for the videogames
it's all for the cringe now

all the cool people have been banned and no fun is allowed
>>
The absolutely worst part is when donations are read. No one thinks your stupid jokes are funny, and no one cares about your dead family member.
>>
Can you stop?
>>
>>321562993
Looking forward to getting together with my bros, drinking, and watching some comfy runs. I'll probably keep it on during the week while I do some work.
>>
>>321562993

Greetings from Germany. Let's kick cancer's butt! Kill the animals. HYPE!
>>
>>321567620
That was at a fighting game tournament
>>
>>321568403
Damn. My mistake.
>>
>GREETINGS FROM SWEDEN
>LETS KICK CANCER'S BUTT XD
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.