[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... Do the bosses in this end up getting any harder? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: xeno.png (877 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
xeno.png
877 KB, 970x546
So... Do the bosses in this end up getting any harder? I'm about 15 hours in and just beat Xorn.

So far, the bosses just seem like "Enchant -> Topple -> Chain Attack -> Repeat". Do they end up developing some attacks that take planning to avoid? My strategy of swapping aggro and healing has worked very well thus far, and it requires almost nothing.

Does difficulty increase over time? Is it easy to become overleveled? What party members should I use for what? Does the future sight mechanic become more common in battles later on?
>>
>>321560502

Xord is probably the hardest battle in the game for most people, so if you didn't find it hard there's a chance you're overleveled, which unfortunately happens very easily. You should be about 4-5(but not 6, this is important) levels below the bosses for the best balance, then the fights will definitely be strategic.

To avoid getting overleveled while still doing quests, avoid fighting enemies you don't need for a quest, and save quests from the most recent area for later when they give less exp. For example, when you get to the next area, proceed until the next boss without fighting anything, and if it kicks your ass, warp back to Colony 9 and do some quests there.
>>
>>321561084

Oh well fuck, Xord was 25 while my party was about 27. I'll try to slow things down a bit, I suppose. I've done every quest up to this point as well, so I'll wait on some of those as you suggest.
>>
>>321561232
That's your problem for the most part. Doing every quest gets you pretty high level compared to the main story. So the best is to do a few as you see fit.
>>
>>321561232

Yeah if you've done every quest so far that's pretty much insane and not how you should play it. It's meant to be manageable even if you don't do ANY quests. This should really be obvious.
>>
>>321561084
>Xord
Bullshit. Hardest boss is right before entering Mechon territory.
>>
I had a really hard time on most bosses starting on mid-game, more or less, because I was underleveled despite doing a lot of sidequests.
>>
>>321561415

Meh. I wish they had enemies scale (to a certain point) depending on the quests you've done.

How does Xeno X do in this regard? Similar system?
>>
Xord is still a very early boss (and the spider boss could be arguably called a tutorial for premonitions). I wouldn't say it gets all that hard later on, but bosses will start hitting heavier and being to involve mechanics you'll need to think around: putting DoTs that can kill on everyone, damage checks, pushing mechanics and so.
>>
The boss that's resistant to physical attacks is annoying.
>>
>>321561502
The hardest named monster is on a small island in the top area of Eryth Sea.
>unblockable sleep aoe when hit
>unblockable sleep aoe on hit
>permanent sleep lock that constantly refreshes on whole party after each hit because the hit wakes you up and immediately puts you back to sleep
If I recall the thing is only like level 87, but I had more trouble with him than any of the 100+s, it's almost better to just fight him with Dunban and pray he never gets a hit off.
>>
>>321561576
Same issue.

I'm new to RPGs coming from RTSes and FPSes, I like XCX but most missions I'm over-leveled for, so it's not as engaging as it could be.

This is why I don't really play JRPGs... Battles should scale in skil, damage, and variety of attacks based on the player's level/skill.

The next evolution in JRPGs should focus on implementing an AI "director" to make battles more interesting.
>>
>>321561576

X is balls hard from start to finish. For every pushover boss there's always a 100 meter tall dinosaur waiting right around the corner to fuck you up. No matter how much you OCD grind you'll keep running into shit you can't possibly beat within the next 50 hours. Well, until you unlock endgame mechs that destroy everything in one hit anyway.
>>
>>321562982
>Battles should scale

No.
>>
>>321562982
On your second playthrough don't do any grinding or quests and enjoy fighting all red mobs; that's the best way to play the fight game,and though I don't know if it will work for the second, it should. Nightvision gems fix the worst issue being underleveled has.
>>
>>321560502
It's extremely easy to overlevel yourself in this game. Reckless Godwin was the first boss that really challenged me. He's tough. Technically he's a unique monster, not a boss, but whatever.
>>
>>321563065
>Battles are too hard right now, you're meant to grind for a few hours like asome dumb pleb faggot that isn't the saviour of mankind.

>Battles are too easy, you're a dumb faggot that enjoyed the game too much so now you get to enjoy boring as fuck battles

Well I mean if you like eating shit I won't stop you.
>>
>>321563296
>Battles are too hard right now, you're meant to grind
You could try getting good, but that's too hard for retards like you I guess.
>>
>>321560502
>>321561084
Nah, the fucking Telethia coupled with that bitch are the hardest fight.
>>
>>321560502

The bosses in the main story are pretty easy Except for Mumkhar. Fuck him.
The real hard bosses are the optional bosses and the unique monsters. For the four superbosses you really need to know your shit as the strongest is Level 120 and the max level is 99 and you probably already realized how much a single level difference influences the battle
>>
>>321563387
>LVL1 can take on the final boss

This happens in litterally no JRPG ever, never ever.
>>
>>321563515
Wrong.
>>
>>321563656
>Wrong

Provide evidence faggot.

Name one JRPG with a leveling system that not only allows you to fight the final boss as a LVL1, but is entirely possible to win with "skill."
>>
>>321563515

Actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDx4zJapiCo
>>
>>321563515
The fuck? There are level 1 runs for plenty of JRPGs, turn based and action based
>>
>>321563954
>Video not available in your country
>>
>>321563923

Tales of Graces. Not really Level 1, because the starting level is 9, but still, in NG+ you can do a no EXP run, so you don't gain a single level. (And the maximum is Level 200. And the final boss after you powered him up to be a bonus boss is INCREDIBLY hard. Personally I can't beat him, but there are freaks that can do it)
>>
>>321563923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP5b53Qs6Rs
>>
>>321563923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S28VXvFszk&

You are an idiot.
>>
The thread is about XC and XCX, prove to me that they can be beaten without leveling.
>>
File: 1389148366832.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1389148366832.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>321564254
>get btfo
>backpedal like mad
>>
>>321564179
>darksouls
>jrpg

pick one anon
>>
>>321563296
>>321564254

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTORWnlm2ao

git gud
>>
>>321563515
Dark Souls

and by the way, there are a ton of videos up on XBC of this guy taking on post game bosses at level 53, including the level 127 one.
>>
>>321564254
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>321564254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEKkdM1OsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3SyrAU9IpM
git
fucking
gud
>>
>>321564254
HAHAHA, how fucking ass pained are you right now?
>>
>>321563923

All Kingdom Hearts games, many Final Fantasy games (7, 8, 10, 13). And that's fucking mainstream. Do you even know the first thing about JRPGs? I've literally never grinded in a JRPG and I've played a lot of them.

Level scaling is absolute shit because games with level scaling are always balanced for players much worse than me. Instead, every game should have an option to turn off EXP gain, because getting overleveled from fighting NOTHING BUT BOSSES is also infuriating. See: FF7, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, some Mario RPGs
>>
>>321564327
>thread is litterally about XC and XCX leveling issues

Well ok, I stand corrected there exists some jrpgs that can be won at level one or what amounts to the least level you can obtain. But lets talk about it in the context of XC and XCX.

How much you enjoy battles is entirely dependant upon how much skill is required. If you're overleveld it's not fun, if you're underleved it could be fun or it could litterally be impossible as the game wasn't designed with a lvl1 run in mind.

So you're absolutely right I am completely corrected on there existing no games for lvl1 runs. The majority of JRPGs are not designed this way.
>>
>>321564354
>Level 57

But that's not level 1 you dumb nigger
>>
>>321564585
>But lets talk about it in the context of XC and XCX.
see>>321564520

You are a moron who doesn't understand the gameplay. Get the fuck out already. Instead of learning to play, equipping gems, trying different art setup, party member combinations,etc you just go grind levels because you are a fucking casual moron.

You can leave now.
>>
>>321564585
>This happens in litterally no JRPG ever, never ever.
>Provide evidence faggot.
>Name one JRPG with a leveling system that not only allows you to fight the final boss as a LVL1, but is entirely possible to win with "skill."

>N-no wait w-we're only talking about Xenoblade so I'm right xD
>>
>>321564668

The intended level is around 75 though. It's impossible to avoid getting EXP in Xenoblade. No one said you can be level 1 in Xenoblade, but it doesn't mean you can't beat stuff while extremely underleveled.
>>
>>321564668
At that part in the storyline, even avoiding every single random encounter and only fighting the boss monsters and doing the bare minimum story progression quests, you will be at around level 48-50.
you -can't- be level 1 that far into that game, even on a no exp run that still like 50 hours into the game, quit being a scrub.
>>
>>321564668

You can't do a Level 1 run on Xenoblade you shithead. You automatically gain levels simply by doing bosses. And if you've actually played Xenoblade you'd know how insane it is to beat Lorethia with Level 57
>>
Its not a hard game if thats what you are asking.
If you want challenge then just go hunt those optional bosses in the fields.
>>
>>321564668

Noone said anything about a Level 1 run you stupid fuck. No leveling in Xenoblade means not fighting anything except bosses, which will end you up at that level
>>
>>321564961
except the part were someone did in fact talk about lvl1 runs.
>>
>>321564960
Where the hell do you think you are? Get the fuck out
>>
File: 1313149526222.jpg (82 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
1313149526222.jpg
82 KB, 400x359
>>321564960
>baaww people are making fun of me after I made a complete tool of myself.

Go back to oblivion retard.
>>
>>321565047

Yeah that was you, you retard. And you said that there was no Level 1 runs in JRPGs, which is wrong.
In Xenoblade we're talking about not leveling/no grinding. Which means only doing the story with no single fight inbetween. Which is entirely possible, though impossible for scrubs like you
>>
File: 1449454701264.jpg (44 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1449454701264.jpg
44 KB, 500x447
>>321565158
>>
>>321565257
>>321565158
literally underage. Do your damn job mods.
>>
>>321560502
>Does the future sight mechanic become more common in battles later on?
If you aren't overleveled as fuck, yes. Bosses will start to one shot the shit out of your party if you don't set up your defenses in time.
>>
>>321561502
>Not the one in the aorta

>>321560502
Also at some point enemies will start doing spike damage when toppled, which means they'll do a large amount of your HP (you'd be lucky if it's less than 4 digits) when you hit them whilst they're toppled,
>>
>>321565384

>Mods actually did their damn job

Color me impressed
>>
>>321563435
Fucking this. Xord was a cakewalk compared to that bitch. Most problematic was the arena where it was placed. I won with 2 party members dead and only 10 HP on Melia.
>>
>>321563435
This fight was the first actual wall I hit the game where I had to go grind. Pure Bullshit of a fight.
>>
>>321567831
Which party did you use, I think I had Melia/Shul/Sharla even though the A.I, is shit with Shulk just because I needed all the heals I could get, it did work okay for chain attacks if I started them in between spear break and starlight kick, so Shulk could daze, and Sharla could headshot/heal depending on what was needed the most, and if she didn't decide to do cool down during the fucking chain attack
>>
>>321560502
It basically never gets any harder than the first 9 hours of smt 3
>>
>>321568221
I had all Ether team since Physical was reduced so Melia/Riki/Sharla. I had problems staying alive so I just brought every healer. Chain Attacks were mainly used for mass healing except when everyone was in good health I just did the most damage they could do.
>>
>>321563435
>>321568141

Really? Just don't use Shulk and play Melia, and the fight becomes pretty easy. Melia shuts down the Telethia pretty nicely, and Shulk can't hurt the bitch anyway because Monado can't hurt people, so it would be retarded to fight with Shulk anyway.
I found the fight to be extremely easy
>>
>>321560502
Dump Sharla like a bad habit and never use her again, aside from that any party combination is good
>>
>>321569979
They mean the one in the aorta, not the one in the tomb. The mondao can hurt them by that point.
At least I assume they did, because that was easy even with the standard Shulk/Reyn/Sharla team
>>
>>321570285

Oh yeah that was the hardest story fight in the game. Melia is still best choice
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.