[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MUST HAVE GAMES!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Cart.png (139 KB, 656x565) Image search: [Google]
Cart.png
139 KB, 656x565
Finally got a decent PC for games & installed Steam for the first time.

What games(preferably on Sale) should i get?

This is what i have so far, having never used Steam the Valve bundle seems a good deal with all the games in it.
>>
File: 1450127609319.jpg (4 MB, 5815x2963) Image search: [Google]
1450127609319.jpg
4 MB, 5815x2963
>>321552663
what games are you interested in?
>>
>>321552663
Buy every game on sale right now. They are never going on sale again after January 4th! Hurry up anon and Have fun gaming!!!! See you on the steam!
>>
>DA:O
No.
>Garry's Mod
Fuck no.
>Fallout: New Vegas
No.

They're good games but in no way must-have. BioShock 1 gets a pass, but just barely.

What genres do you like? Want multiplats or just exclusive?
>>
File: gayme.png (58 KB, 659x201) Image search: [Google]
gayme.png
58 KB, 659x201
>>321553180
>>321553237

Well coming from consoles, my favorite games from the past generation are

>Red Dead Redemption
>Dead Space 1
>Demon Souls
>New Vegas
>Sleeping Dogs

Most what people would call generic AAA titles. So im up for any recommendations for PC games.

Just can't believe how cheap everything is, i could easily spend €500+ on all the developer bundles & other sale items. I don't mind multi plats or indie games.

Also having played Witcher3 & loved it, i'm surprised how cheap the other 2 are.
>>
>>321554014
Witcher 1 & 2 are rougher around the edges, specially 1, a lot of people can't stomach it.

Anyway, from your games the most obvious recommendations are Dark Souls and GTA V, though I assume you already know about them, yes?
>>
Kerbal Space Program

It's GMOD, but better.
>>
>>321554014
If you like Multiplayer get Mount and Blade: Warband and its DLC, Napoleonic Wars. Its single player is amazing too.
>>
>>321553201

What are you even trying to accomplish?
>>
I see no daily deals. Anyone knows if it's worth waiting till the end of the sale this time?
>>
>>321552663
Bioshock is alright, buy it.

Fallout New Vegas is pretty clunky and meh, I'd skip it for now.

Dragon Age is pretty mediocre, don't get the hype around it. If you want a better game that accomplishes things way better than Dragon Age buy Wasteland 2 or Divinity Original Sin. Or both.

Valve games are a must, skip Garrys mod though.

Other games I'd recommend:
>FEAR (only original and first expansion for now)
>Stalker series
>Hitman Blood Money
>Max Payne Series
>Swat 4
>Prey
>No One Lives Forever (can't be bought anywhere though, pirate it)
>Return to Castle Wolfenstein
>XIII
>Vietcong
>Painkiller (not the remake, just the original Black edition)
>Resident Evil 4
>Prince of Persia Sands of time trilogy
>Dark Messiah
>XCOM Enemy Unknown
>Company of Heroes
>Rainbow SIx Raven Shield
>Metro 2033

That should keep you busy for a while.
>>
>>321555221
No, there are no daily discounts anymore. Everything is just discounted as much as it is.
>>
>>321554392

Yes but never played Dark Souls, think I remember seeing that on Sale too?

>>321555345

Dragon age mediocre? I heard nothing but praise about it. I might go for KOTOR or Mass Effect instead.
>>
Get:
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R. saga
>DMC4
>Hotline Miami
>Deus Ex HR
>>
File: buyme.png (16 KB, 929x86) Image search: [Google]
buyme.png
16 KB, 929x86
can someone with spare holiday wallet please help me get GTA V? I'm missing about 10 euro
all you have to do is buy this item on the community market, should be around 11-12th page
>>
>>321556013
>Yes but never played Dark Souls, think I remember seeing that on Sale too?

Yes, for five bucks, and easily worth every single one of them.

>Dragon age mediocre? I heard nothing but praise about it. I might go for KOTOR or Mass Effect instead.

I would personally not say it's mediocre, but certainly not good enough to be put on a pedestal either.

As far as KOTOR goes (and to a lesser extent ME1), they're fairly old games that show their age. Not bad games, but maybe not what someone with a brand new computer has in mind. ME2 is better in the visual and gameplay department through plot suffers, also you need to pirate the DLC since the Steam version doesn't have it.
>>
>>321556478
>>321556013
Yeah, Dragon Age is pretty mediocre. Generic writing with generic characters that make a generic (THE EVIL AWAKENS!) story. Combat is pretty boring and half working, no need to be tactical, just click on people until they die.The world is ugly, uninteresting and progression is pretty much linear.

It's worth a playthrough I guess, but it's mediocre, unless you haven't played much games before. Mass Effect and KOTOR are better choices, but not that amazing either.
>>
core2duo 2ghz here...

what will run reasonably well?

have, skyrim, DoW pack, Xcom and arkham city.

...possibly considering hitman collection..because its a bargain and i dont know if absolution will run.

but have space to fill other genres...what do?
>>
>>321557063
Absolution has some interesting concepts but fails to follow trough. I wouldn't buy it on it's own, but if you like all the other games, I guess it's worth it.
>>
>>321557280
>>321557063
Blood Money is in my top three favourite games, I really really love it. I love Hitman 2 and 3 as well (1 was kinda shit). I refused to play Absolution for a long time, but then in the summer last year drought I installed it (had it from a Humble Bundle) and found it really fun.

It's not a good Hitman game, by any means, and it's very dumbed down and simplified. But it's such good pulpy fun with some great ideas. I would call it my guilty pleasure.
>>
Is Assassin's Creed unity worth it for 17USD now 'tis has been patched (it has been, right?).
>>
>>321557717
Nah, it's worth 10 bucks at best.
>>
>>321557546
My greatest pain that they decided to discontinue the Contracts mode. It had so much potential, and one of the major the reasons I deleted the pirate version, and bought it at full price. So I am salty.
That and the instinct disguise isn't as good in practice as in theory. It's easier to just go full sneak mode.
>>
>>321554014
try out GUN if you missed it in gen 6, its like RDR but more 'videogamey' (a good thing for me), and the missions and story dont drag on forever with unrelated stuff
>>
File: gamebuy-ac4-image_135481[1].jpg (149 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
gamebuy-ac4-image_135481[1].jpg
149 KB, 780x438
>>321557840
How about Pic related for 15$?
>>
>>321559336
If you want a pirate game, sail the seas in your own ship, and don't mind a little Assassin-in added to it, then do it.
Weird, it's 5 euro here. Did they start converting prices? What's the precentage of the discount?
>>
>>321559336
Where are you that it's $15? It says $7.5 on Steam right now.
>>
>>321559703
>>321559716
Sorry, I was looking at the full gold edition on a key site.
>>
>>321559903
Key sites aren't actually very good deals unless it's a game that has been in an HB or had lots of keys given away for whatever reason. The reason they used to be such good deals is regional pricing, but now pretty much every game is region locked.
>>
>>321559336
Forget Ass creed. If you want open world, get Just Cause 2 (No, not 3), Saints Row 2, 3 and/or 4.
Also check the Y's games.
>>
File: WHAT DO.png (55 KB, 554x160) Image search: [Google]
WHAT DO.png
55 KB, 554x160
I have money for only one of them, which one /v/?
>>
>>321560332
From this two, Crypt.
>>
>>321560332
Dammit, forgot to add if you had better recommendations at that prize, just tell me.
>>
>>321560294
Yeah, I was wondering if the DLC was worth it.

I need an easier game to play in between Dark Souls. It's either this or Dead Rising 2.
>>321560128
I have all those bar Y's.
>>
>>321560332
This Necrodancer looks really enjoyable. I think it would be more enchanting.
>>
>PC
>Games
lmao
>>
Just got War for the Overworld and Dungeons 2.
Fun times ahead.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.